after entering the application name, project name, etc in the new android application window, the next window shown is this :
make sure you check the create activity checkbox, otherwise the activity will not be created by default.
you still can create an activity by right-clicking on the project and new > other > android > android activity. but you have to make sure you check the launcher activity checkbox in case it is the first activity of your application
i hope this helps someone :)
i had the same 'error' and it appears to me if when creating the app i use in the 'application name' non ascii characters !
so do not use čžšćđ in application name !!!
and yes i know it's not good practice to use them in programing :d
go to following:
'help'->'install new software' and type https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
select adt option and install it. it will update the adt.
even i had the same problem and my issue got resolved with it!!
i had this problem for the longest time. when creating the android application, use "empty activity" instead of "blank" activity. fixed the problem for me immediately.
hope this helps :)
- SRC folder in Eclipse is empty (MainActivity class not created) after creating a new android project using Eclipse
- Eclipse gives an empty src and assets folder after creating a new android application project
- Error: Could not find or load main class eclipse git after creating a repository
- Eclipse ADT: Project name "appcompat_v7" being created after creating every new project
- "appcompat_v7" project is created automatically after creating a new project in Eclipse
- Eclipse not creating new Activity and xml layout file (issues started after updating eclipse and sdk)
- src folder empty on creating new Android project
- How to hide .svn folder in Eclipse and not show empty packages?
- eclipse source folder is not java project, after importing project from git
- Gradle build folder not showing up after installing the Gradle Eclipse Plugin
- Eclipse & Java: How to designate folder as resources while not in src directory
- Class not found exception after adding a new image to the resource folder
- Eclipse Juno/Android broken, the debug is wrong and gen folder not created (R error)
- After importing from a git in eclipse I get the error "source folder is not java project"
- Empty SRC folder after import from github
- class not found exception after replacing library in eclipse
- Eclipse WindowBuilder: Unknown GUI Toolkit/Cannot Resolve Imports when class file under src folder
- Eclipse import a plugin as source project but it's not include src folder
- .jar not being created after ANT build in Eclipse
- Error: Could not find or load main class in eclipse IDE after cleaning project
- Class Not Found Exception after cleaning project in Eclipse
- Eclipse does not show java folder in src folder (gradle)
- m2e plugin - Eclipse - created Java class and package. Not recognized as part of the project
- When Importing Java Project Directory, eclipse is not properly creating sub directories for bin and SRC
- Test cases in new folder created parallel to src/test/java in latest Eclipse IDE maven java project is not executing the test cases
- Eclipse src folder empty
- Pydev / eclipse : not recognizing dynamically created class
- Eclipse not launching after deletion of $HOME/.metadata folder
- Lombok creating gets and sets in compiled class but not the generated-sources in Eclipse 2020-09
- Packages not listed while creating a class in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse switches @ and "
- Connecting phone to computer makes Eclipse hang (worse after update to ICS)
- notepad.exe is not opening in tomcat but works in eclipse
- How to change the default startup page in eclipse?
- Error Creating the View in IBM WebSphere MQ Explorer
- Java Eclipse launch problems
- Integration (maven) of Spring Data Neo4j in Dynamic Web Project using Jersey and Tomcat
- Eclipse Glassfish, not publishing changes to required projects
- How can I use Eclipse to import an existing project?
- Cannot find the FrameLayout element
- Eclipse IDE not resolving my src classnames
- Sharing a workspace for many developers in Eclipse
- The type javax.ServletException cannot be resolved with Worklight
- Eclipse Application launch config throws InjectionException after changing target definition from Eclipse Neon (4.6) to Photon (4.8)
- Android error randomly java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.facebook.internal.Utility
- Configure Google closure tools with Eclipse IDE
- @override annotation in eclipse
- Eclipse (mars?), is there a 'workspace' or 'project' management perspective that is sharable?
- traversing xtext ast from the project code
- how do i fix eclipse warning: "it is recommended for plug-in 'yyy' to run from a jar, specify 'unpack="false"' attribute"
- Maven install command doesn't build anything but it shows build success
- Cocos2dx android application runs on emulator but not on device
- Can't install metric plugin in eclipse neon 1
- How to change Back and Next Button position in a JFace Wizard Dialog?
- How inform the maven dependency point to .m2 without close the project
- Scrolling functionality in Blackberry
- How do I import JavaFX into Eclipse?
- Executing GWT application from eclipse
- Loading images in java (eclipse vs IntelliJ)
- Arrays cannot be resolved? Is this a Build path issue?