i found this way to avoid 'verifying launch attributes... 57%' in eclipse-luna-sr2
- have the launch configuration and the main class in different projects
delete the following line from the launch configuration:
<stringattribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.classpath_provider" value="org.eclipse.m2e.launchconfig.classpathprovider"/>
with eclipse 2018-12 i had a delay of about 10 seconds at "57%, verifying launch attributes" for every start of a main class or a junit test. i used the windows tool "procmon" to identify about 500.000 failed accesses to jars in this period that i don't have in my classpath. i found those jar references inside the manifest "class-path" entry of many jars i use. after removing the class-path entry from all jars the delay now is only 1 second!
some jars were signed. then i had to remove the signature files (
meta-inf/*.sf|*.dsa|*.rsa|*.ec) from the jar, too.
i know this is a very old thread, but i just ran into it, and wanted to let anyone who sees this know how i resolved it; maybe it will help the next person. i switched to a new computer at work, and because i was lazy, i just copied my local maven repository (%userprofile%.m2) from the old computer to the new computer. after running into the "launch attributes" issue and trying everything else, i moved my local maven repository to another location so that eclipse would be forced to rebuild the local maven repository. this pretty much fixed the problem; while i sometimes have an occasional delay of 2-5 seconds when launching, it is a big improvement over the 30-90 seconds it was taking previously. happy coding.
this could be caused by duplicate / erroneous entries in the project's
.classpath file. these entries are not necessary, as the maven plugin will take care of properly setting the classpath to launch your project.
to prevent eclipse from hanging, open all of the referenced projects'
.classpath files, which should be in the root directory of the project.
remove all of the entries who have
src as their
kind attribute value.
<classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
once all of these entries are removed, eclipse will now launch your project instantly.
i know this is a rather old question, but i've been having this issue for a while now and none of the solutions found online seemed to work:
- disable ipv6: didn't work
- disable ivy classpath resolution: not applicable
- moving the maven settings: not applicable
- delete src classpathentry's from .classpath: this removes all source folders from eclipse
i did eventually found out (somehow) that having duplicate .classpath files in your workspace can cause serious issues. when importing a multi-module maven project you can easily do this by importing all your modules and your master module (the pom-type module). doing so, you effectively import everything twice. closing this master module in eclipse solved the issue for me. another workaround would be to not rely on m2eclipse and to use mvn eclipse:eclipse and then import your projects as an 'existing project'.
unfortunately the progress information of the launching in eclipse is not very accurate. the value of 57% is where all the hard work happens (see e.g. bug 354338).
if you are launching an eclipse application or junit plug-in tests, make sure you have the following plug-ins in your target platform:
otherwise eclipse will search the whole p2 cache (in my case over 6000 plug-in jars, takes > 5min) for those plug-ins.
i had the same symptoms. i could fix it by adjusting
eclipse -> preferences -> maven -> user settings
my maven user settings file was stored on a remote folder. after moving the file to a local disk, the test now start instantly again.
- Why is Eclipse hanging at 57% with the status "Verifying launch attributes..." when launching a run configuration?
- Why is my Eclipse launch configuration not being added to the Run or Debug configurations list?
- Why is javac 1.5 running so slowly compared with the Eclipse compiler?
- Why is the breakpoint marked with a backslash in eclipse CDT editor?
- Why are class files different size when compiling the same code in eclipse, and then with the eclipse compiler via ant?
- In the source files of an Eclipse plug-in, why are a lot of variables prefixed with "f"?
- Why won't the GWT designer for eclipse work with GXT 3 widgets?
- Why do I get the failed to load with Java version 1.7.0_45 with Eclipse with JBoss modules used
- Why are the Eclipse colors so messed up with XFCE?
- Why does the SonarQube plugin for Eclipse use the "project name" instead of the "artifactID" to associate Maven projects with a SonarQube server?
- Get HTTP Status 404 - Not Found, when the name of a dynamic web project renamed and deployed on Glassfish with Eclipse
- Why is my eclipse setup not working with the maven plugin?
- HTTP Status 500 - Unable to compile class for JSP in Eclipse with the Date method
- Why aren't perl variables showing in the eclipse debugger with perl EPIC?
- Why doesn't Tomcat server start with the Eclipse although it is possible to start it manually
- How to import a preference file in eclipse with the launch of eclipse?
- Why do I get the error: "Editor does not contain a main type" with the following code in Eclipse Photon?
- why the browser can not read the ID in Java with BDD eclipse however in other website is reading it with the same code
- error with tomcat HTTP Status 404 The requested resource() is not available from eclipse but works from browser
- Multiple contexts with the same path error running web service in Eclipse using Tomcat
- How to add native library to "java.library.path" with Eclipse launch (instead of overriding it)
- Why does my Eclipse Indigo crash on Ubuntu 13.04 with Oracle JDK 64bit?
- Why does Ubuntu 14.04 stick with (old) Eclipse 3.8 when 4.3 is out?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- What is the difference between Eclipse with Spring IDE plugin and Spring Tool Suite alone?
- Eclipse The hierarchy of the type ... is inconsistent with @Configurable annotation
- Why won't Eclipse switch the compiler to Java 8?
- Importing multiple projects with the same name in Eclipse
- Launch mac eclipse with environment variables set
- Why does my Eclipse Luna 4.4 crash on Debian Wheezy 7.4 with Oracle JDK8 64bit?
More Query from same tag
- git / github unresolved conflicts but no visible differences
- R error when adding android support v7 appcompact library
- Technical details of serve modules without publishing in Eclipse WTP and Tomcat?
- EAR Deployment from Eclipse Oxygen to Wildfly 12
- How to use eclipse plugin to create a new wizard for creating a project?
- Tab to select autocomplete item in eclipse?
- Eclipse plugin - refresh linked folders in eclipse project
- How do I get to the common tab in run configurations in Eclipse using SWTBot?
- Android Studio: Regex not working
- Papyrus install on Eclipse Helios (3.6)
- entity has no primary key attribute defined : JPA
- Java assert nasty side-effect - compiler bug?
- "Show Annotation..." Shortcut no longer working in Eclipse 2020-12 (4.18.0)
- PSR-2 CodeSniffer standard for eclipse plugin PHP_CodeSniffer
- Eclipse: Exclude specific packages when autocompleting a class name
- What does the > (greater than bracket) mean beside file names in Eclipse's Package Explorer?
- An internal error occurred during: "Repository registry initialization"
- phonegap loading php for connection to mysql using eclipse
- C++ Remote development IDE supporting shell scripts
- using the driver definiton created in eclipse
- member variables and @var phpdoc type hinting
- Run Command Id in Eclipse
- RotaryKnob using get progress value in text view
- How do I avoid typing "android" for every attribute?
- Google APIs Client Library for Java (google-api-java-client) -- Maven vs. Importing JARs
- UPPAAL: ModelDemo for Java API (Error while getting memory info: 34, javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,3])
- Error while launching client file using Protractor in Eclipse
- Eclipse debug variable to instance
- my apps dont run after update eclipse & adt
- Not able to come back to the main webdriver page from a frame and click on a button. It shows the error ElementClickIntercepted