i had exactly the same problem, eclipse was stuck at "calculating requirements and dependencies " for ages.i searched the web and found a lot of solutions but none worked for me. so i booted in safe mode with networking (press f8) then started eclipse. it installed in 2 minutes. my avg antivirus was blocking eclipse from accessing the internet. hope it works for you too
or just quit / relaunch eclipse, attempt to update it, fiddle with it until it will eventually install adt
i had the same problem on my ubuntu. i guess you can solve your problem in the following way:
load eclipse. click on
help > install new software > add and then for v3.7.x in the name box enter indigo and in the url box enter
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo then just follow the instructions to install the adt plug-in and it will work.
if you are using other versions of eclipse you need to change the name and url to the following -
v3.7.x indigo - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo
v3.6.x helios - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios
i had a similar problem while attempting to install an eclipse plugin - shelled. it got stuck at the same point. as it points out the network problem, i simply disabled my wifi connection while installing from a downloaded archive and the installation gets through.
i had this happen when attempting to install an update after one of the update sites i had added to my eclipse install went dead (the plugin provider changed the urls for accessing their update site).
if it's due to a dead update site, it can often be solved by unchecking "contact all update sites during the install to find required software".
if you know which update site is causing the issue, and want to delete/disable it, or if you need access to other update sites during the install, you can temporarily disable or permanently remove update sites from preferences->install/update->available software sites.
i had same problem, and i solve it. let's check below list.
eclipse have blocked by your anti-virus program or fire wall
if you have checked, then uncheck 'contact all update sites ...' item.
please click image button & refer it. (marked with red line).
its causes because of these two reasons...
- your antivirus is not authoring eclipse to download the require data.
- or your firewall not allowing you to access downloading server.
- simply open your antivirus panel "stop its working till the data is not installed".
- and if 1st one do not works then open firewall setting and make it off till the data is not installed...
i had the same issue with win 7 x64 and any version of eclipse. it's because it cannot connect to the internet, sometimes it's just because of your firewall blocking its internet access. but most probably, if it isn't the case, you need to go to your eclipse preferences, general -> network connections -> choose direct from drop down menu => everything should be unchecked now. it was the only thing that helped me on win 7 x64. i don't have such issues on win xp.
if you are installing from a local site, uncheck "contact all update sites during install to find required software".
- Eclipse with android plugin - Blocked at "calculating requirements and dependencies"
- Calculating requirements and dependencies extremly slow during Subversion SVN plugin installation on Eclipse Mars, why?
- Profiling Android apps with Eclipse plugin TPTP instead of traceview
- What is the difference between Eclipse with Spring IDE plugin and Spring Tool Suite alone?
- Differences between Android NetBEANS plugin and Eclipse plugin?
- Installing Android Plugin Error with Eclipse Juno 4.2.0
- Using JDK 7 Or Higher With Android Studio And Eclipse On Mac OSX
- What are the differences between android studio and the eclipse version bundled with android SDK
- Error with parsing Android sdk content and initializing java tooling in eclipse
- How to download sources and javadoc artifacts with Maven Eclipse plugin from other repository?
- Android trying to run my project in eclipse and end up with xml.out
- TypeNotPresentException when running android testcase with robolectric and eclipse
- Android preferences freeze when using ADT Plugin v9 with Eclipse on Mac?
- Eclipse Project compatible with Java SE and Android
- Completely remove Android Studio, Eclipse and all the libs/packages installed with them
- Use Maven Compiler Plugin with Eclipse Compiler and Lombok
- Why this installation fails? (Download finished with wrong size - eclipse and android SDK manager)
- Creating a helloWorld plugin for Android using Cordova and Eclipse
- NoClassDefFoundError developing library with Android app, Maven, and Eclipse
- An error creating a plugin with Liferay and Eclipse
- EclEmma plugin with TestNG plugin and multiple eclipse projects
- Is it possible to use Eclipse IDE and GAE plugin to develop and deploy Scala Applications with PlayFramework?
- android eclipse launch intent for map with an address instead of latitude and longitude
- Eclipse Juno and android maven plugin
- Compiling Ceres Solver With Android and Eclipse
- Android Eclipse ADT 8.0.0 (and 8.0.1) problem - can't create views hierarchy with drag and drop in the Outline view
- Maven webapp with Eclipse and WTP plugin deploy files in stranges ways in Tomcat
- Android and Eclipse - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError with project dependency
- How to build an eclipse plugin with sbt and sbt-osgi?
- No Android Project option in Eclipse with ADT Plugin
More Query from same tag
- Error shown when creating Hibernate project in Eclipse
- Javadoc for jdk1.7.0_06 not working in eclipse
- How to view updated data on one property page updated by another property page without closing the properties in eclipse plugin?
- How do I open a new workbench window (with its own WorkbenchWindowAdvisor) from an existing workbench window?
- Eclipse JFace Wizard jump to next page programatically
- this script must be run from the base directory of your working copy
- PyDev Eclipse Python interpreters Error: stdlib not found
- Eclipse giving error when none are present (Snow Leopard and Android)
- How to move components in a jframe to a certain spot
- Breakpoint filter by subclass?
- How can I get the "Eclipse >Generate>Jaxb classes" option back?
- Applet Not Initialized in Eclipse
- Transform coordinates from EPSG:4326 to EPSG:31467 in Java /GWT server side
- Android Device doesn't show up in Eclipse
- Tomcat - how to create multiple servers with separate configuration
- Digits in Eclipse's console after HTTP status codes
- AppCompact V7 being added
- Why does a jar file work differently with and without console?
- Import project into Eclipse but NOT into workspace folder
- Android button layout adapting to screen size
- "no swt-win32 in java.library.path" on runtime jar
- Run .sh script instead of an executable
- Fatal exception and error opening trace file
- System.out.println repeating itself
- creating second counter in android eclipse
- Eclipse organize imports: how to prefer JRE classes?
- How to create an executable version of my OSGi project?
- Maven project in Eclipse - Perhaps you are running on JRE rather than JDK
- Eclipse's launching configuration TabGroup doesn't show up