i think personal or team preferences vary to much to globally enforce a coding style. so every body should deploy his project specific coding style.
the link in kroimon's answer to android formatter rules is broken. here is the correct one.
sync the source code according to these instructions. the formatting guidelines are in the file development/ide/eclipse/android-formatting.xml. you can import it with eclipse.
menu bar -> window -> preferences -> java -> code style -> formatter -> import
point it to the path of the android-formatting.xml
on a related note, here's how developers around google keep their various eclipse instances all in agreement: workspace mechanic for eclipse
- Did anyone create the Java Code Formatter Profile for Eclipse IDE that conforms to the Android Code Style Rules?
- How to turn off the Eclipse code formatter for certain sections of Java code?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- Java How to beautify the java code inside Eclipse IDE
- Need to import Eclipse Java Formatter profile in Visual Studio Code
- Avoid the "no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible" warning in Eclipse for multiple Java versions
- Eclipse java code style formatter profile location
- How to set Code Formatter for Java Anonymous Methods in Eclipse
- Disable Hot Code Replace for the Eclipse Java debugger
- Save action in Eclipse IDE to convert the java code to the diamond notation
- eclipse java code style formatter: prevent line wrapping for the special cases
- Search for the references to a layout xml file in android code using eclipse IDE for android
- What is the difference between Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developer and Eclipse for Mobile Developer?
- How to turn off the Eclipse code formatter for certains sections of maven pom.xml
- How to create project setting for Eclipse IDE of a Play Java project
- How to create a jar file for the eclipse plugin project that should be able to download and run without eclipse software?
- masking pasword in eclipse IDE java by bypassing the eclipse bug for console.readPassword()
- How do I fold code for comment blocks inside method blocks in the Eclipse IDE
- Select one option from many options in drop down list in Eclipse using java when run code for the android device
- issue with the code completion in Scala IDE for Eclipse
- Shortcut to create package info java in eclipse IDE after creating the package.
- Error java.io.FileNotFound /icons/etools16/opentype.png when openning the eclipse IDE for java
- How to run a script which has Java command via Eclipse IDE such that I see the output and interact with the program?
- Eclipse search opens up Java file that has no syntax highlight or source code link when the project is nested?
- Indentation of conditions in if() using Eclipse Code Formatter for Java
- How can i create code generator in eclipse that can generate code regarding the class atributes
- Eclipse plugin for creating Java code automatically to reproduce the state of an object for fast testing while debugging
- Is eclipse.ini used for Java apps I compile and start from Eclipse or for the IDE itself?
- how to change the config file for correct java location to run scala ide - 'returned exit code 1'
- I have an Eclipse IDE for java development. How can i use the same IDE for JSP?
More Query from same tag
- How to delete a long path in windows.
- how do I make eclipse not add javadoc tags in new method comments?
- How to hook into the internal Eclipse browser?
- What to do with GitHub repository for Android app after switching from Eclipse to Android Studio?
- Tabs in Android, how to create content
- Eclipse Giving me the R cannot be resolved to a variable error, have tried every fix
- java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError even though java -version and javac -version are the same
- Exporting source of built plugins in PDE Build
- How to add Play Framework into existing web application in Eclipse
- Issue with setting up my playframework application with Eclipse
- Jar runnable eclipse not working
- Eclipse thinks my project is an Android project - can I remove without starting over?
- Find/Replace in Eclipse with regex
- eclips source not found debug remotely
- hello every one can any body help me to fix this?
- unable to start activity componentinfo java.lang.nullpointerexception?
- Eclipse Color Theme reverts to default every time I exit
- Eclipse stops me from adding superfluous tabs
- Variables not showing while debugging in Eclipse
- ISelectionListener Eclipse
- Using multiple ResourceBundles
- logback: Race condition when logging to System.out & err
- How to generate android apk with Prebop using Ant
- Eclipse fire up
- Java Applet works fine in Eclipse but in terminal(Appletviewer) not correctly
- Branch issue when using EGit Eclipse
- Blackberry - App does not launch after signature
- Maven Plugin Error in Eclipse oxygen
- Image not showing in webapp maven project in eclipse oxyegen?
- Eclipse : Importing web application