I think you are running into a known defect in 3.6. see here
try to download a newer release- it is fixed since 3.7
 I just realized that you've wrote 'Juno'- are you using the latest (4.2.2)?
I just fixed the same problem in Juno switching workspace and then switching back. Other solutions didn't work.
I had the same problem but in only one particular file in my project (completion worked fine on other files). I'm also using Eclipse Juno.
I fixed the problem by removing some warnings due to unused imports in the file where completion failed... and it started working again!
This checkbox "java proposals" will be ticked until I have failed and got "No completions available". After that, it will show as unticked the next time I am opening the settings.
Go to Eclipse → Preferences → Java → Editor → Content Assist → Restore Defaults
and then Project → Clean
I couldn't expand sysout this morning. After a couple of wasted hours, I found that I was trying to put System.out.println() outside a method. When I did it inside a method, it all worked perfectly.
I had the same issue just now with Eclipse version 2019-06 (4.12). For me a Project clean solved the problem.
What worked for me was to create a new workspace and copy all the projects to that workspace. The issue now only occurs on the previous workspace.
I had the same problem. Actually I had the content assist pop up, but that was smaller than a couple of pixels.(Who shrunk this and why was it shrunk no idea whatsoever...) But if you see something strange(in my case, that was the letters 'Rp', but I guess it can be anything) where normally the content assist should appear, try to expand it, and you might get it back. Good luck.
None of these answers helped me: Java Proposals was ticked, and restoring defaults didn't do anything. It started working only after I restarted Eclipse.
Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Advanced ( Java Proposals) need to be choosen.
Go back to the Advanced Content Assist preference page and Restore Defaults. Close the dialog using the OK button.
I had the same. Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Advanced. Make sure "Java Proposals" checkbox is ticked at default content assist list (1st panel of the pop up).
By clicking "Restore Defaults" button at the bottom "Java Proposals" could be checked automatically.
- No completions available, strange Eclipse behavior
- Strange behavior of Eclipse WTP deployment of dependencies in Tomcat server
- Eclipse Juno spell check strange behavior
- Strange print behavior using Unicode symbols in Eclipse (Java)
- Scala Eclipse IDE - strange behavior
- Strange behavior when debugging Eclipse CDT with Eclipse Debugger
- Strange behavior of ECLEmma Code Coverage Tool in eclipse
- Eclipse Galieo - No completions available
- Eclipse plugin development - ToolItem strange behavior at enabling
- Strange "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" in Eclipse
- eclipse magic: ... Syntax error, varargs are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- Error :- java runtime environment JRE or java development kit must be available in order to run eclipse
- "No source available for main()" error when debugging simple C++ in Eclipse with gdb
- List of available software sites lost after Eclipse update
- Is the Qt Eclipse integration plugin still available for download?
- Eclipse how to directly show a list of available functions
- Eclipse ADT Plugin - No Build Target Available
- Different behavior running and debugging the program Java, Eclipse
- Changing behavior of Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right in IntelliJ IDEA like in Eclipse
- Strange "!*" entry in LocalVariableTypeTable when compiling with Eclipse compiler
- Strange Error in Eclipse Indigo
- Glassfish Server Library not available in Eclipse Kepler?
- Eclipse installer Internal error: Registry directory not available
- A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse
- How to use external diff viewers in eclipse? Is there any diff viewer available for eclipse inbuilt?
- Eclipse debug - line: not available
- project progress linked to strange site in eclipse maven
- Strange disconnect between Eclipse CDT, included system headers, and the underlying C build
- Maven 3 dependencies from parent POM not available to children in eclipse
- Eclipse Android Project no Target available
More Query from same tag
- What is the correct way to delete files/folders from my project?
- Giving arguments to maven resources goal from eclipse
- How to go to the specified breakpoint in MyEclipse？
- Java won't render graphics onto frame
- Errors during GWT project export
- Error code 255 when pushing to mercurial
- Getting Error "Exception while calling encodeEnd on component" in jboss 6.1.1 but running well in jboss 4.2
- Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.orm.jpa.HibernateJpaAutoConfiguration'
- Unhandled exception type Exception in Eclipse
- unable to connect to remote database located on server
- Return a value from asynchronous call to run method
- Setting up play framework and dart for development and debug
- Override port number specified in VM args for OSGi
- Does Eclipse installer make entries in Windows registry?
- How do I stop Java/Eclipse from bleeding stdout and stderr together?
- Get HTTP Post Data from ServletRequest while debugging with Eclipse
- Can't upgrade eclipse or Android ADK and can't find java.exe...hunh?
- how to test spring web application in jmeter
- selenium webdriver later than 2.29.1 not working in maven
- Maven install folder structure problem j2ee (spring, struts ..)
- Copy Text of a Text Field
- eclipse web project dependency
- Printing out array lists
- Vector.clear() in Multidimensional Vectors
- Time tracking solution for Windows / Eclipse PHP
- Add maven project and its dependencies to my project in Eclipse, best workflow
- Camera App not working (app Crashes) error: unfortunately the app has stopped
- Issues while creating a library
- android eclipse are two hit state xml files needed in md and hd drawable folders
- JSF @Inject mechanism returning NullPointerException