then your content assist shortcut key.
You can also add a main method from the class creation wizard. There's a checkbox to have it put in a main method for you. – rfreak
I am on mac and I use TextExpander to create snippets of frequently used codes. I know I am going bit off your question but I am sure this will be very helpful.
You can create snippets of code and assign them keywords. This works with any programming language and in any editor. You just need to type the keyword and your snippet will be auto loaded.
For eg. for my main method I have created keyword jmain. So everytime I need main method I just need to type jmain and the code will be loaded. You can also control the placement of cursor.
In Eclipse you can first type "main" then ctrl+/ and it can be finished automatically.
And In windows Eclipse, you can type "main" , and then alt+/ ,it will be finished automatically!
There are two easy way to add main method in your class. 1. While creating class there is an option - public static void main(String args) option - select the check box.
- After creating class also you can add main method. type main and press ctrl+space - the [main - main method] option will be displaying - select it.
This is just main and Ctrl+Space.
type ma and then press ctrl+space
type m and then press ctrl+space.
- How do I know eclipse has already build complete my project (disabled auto build)?
- How to make eclipse only complete the auto complete IF pressed ENTERED .. Not Dot or Space
- How to find complete list of warnings in eclipse IDE
- Eclipse - How to know on which workspace I'm working without clicking/changing main view
- Setting auto complete shortcuts in Eclipse
- Eclipse : how we take arguments for main when run
- How do I modify the set method signature that Eclipse auto generates?
- Eclipse Java auto complete changes exact matches to substring matches
- Eclipse auto complete doesn't work with lambda and types
- How to turn off Eclipse auto expanded my project folders?
- Eclipse Theme - How to change the color of the main editor text
- How to use auto completion in Eclipse adding fully qualified name
- Eclipse Equinox, how to configure auto load the bundles in plugin folder
- how can I have eclipse auto insert subversion revision number into my code
- How do you get Eclipse to auto-generate a main method for a new Java class?
- Properties of new tags using composite component are not displayed by Eclipse auto complete shortcurt
- Fuzzy auto complete in Eclipse
- How to debug a plugin in Eclipse - i.e. a Java project without a Main method
- How to complete a Job when user closes Eclipse application
- How to auto reload external code changes in Eclipse project ?
- How Auto Complete in java works with Reflection?
- How to avoid no main class and no class def found error using DropBox and Eclipse for Java
- Eclipse (Juno) hangs on JSF EL Expression Auto Complete
- Java class methods do not auto complete in Jython using Eclipse Pydev
- Eclipse PHP IDE - custom auto complete tags
- In Eclipse How to Enable and Disable Main Menu Items in Run time
- How to enable auto import in Eclipse for JavaFX classes?
- How can I return the command which Eclipse uses to execute my main method?
- how to use ant-contrib tasks in eclipse auto content assist
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse plug-in: bind data to a list and refresh view
- After installed Maven integration in Eclipse, how to create a Dynamic Web Project (RESTful Jersey project) which use Maven?
- how to create an Eclipse View inside eclipse bundle class
- R.java file goes missing in eclipse
- Pax runner eclipse plugin updatesite
- Error in eclipse: “The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved”
- Eclipse Tasks View - how to customize markers?
- eclipse - "Select Working Set" for "Open Declaration"
- Loading multiple xmi files with EMF
- Eclipse - change order for Open Declaration / Implementation / Return Type
- ZK Project Creation on Eclipse Juno using ZK studio
- Eclipse CDT Plugin keeps giving inexistent errors
- Error in pom.xml Maven build
- eclipse is not recognizing my maven dependency
- Eclipse: What is this outline on top of the editor called? How can I change it's coloring or disable it?
- Regex taking equal sign when I don't think it's supposed to in c++
- ScalaTest runnning only a single test in a suite
- Eclipse unable to find action set of old plug-ins
- Pygame project i'm stuck, please reply
- LogCat window not able to get on eclipse?
- IntelliJ: Re-format existing code with additional rules
- participant pattern in design patterns?
- DFS locations in Eclipse Europa after accessing Hadoop in a VM
- F3 source code navigation stopped working for .xhtml files in Eclipse Indigo when using JSF 2.x
- Include source folder to classpath in Eclipse
- How can I edit TPL files using Eclipse?
- Eclipse Plugin: Installs correctly, but gives errors on use
- Eclipse debugger does not recognize new java code
- WildFly 10.x always getting HTTP error 403: forbidden
- eclipse + tomcat error