Turns out bug 27940 hasn't been fixed yet.
I use the following workaround:
- Disable "Project > Build Automatically"
- Project > Clean
- Project > Build All
Apart from building all project you can
Close the projects that are finished.
click on the finished project and
project ->close project
hope this will work
Both projects are referenced to each other.
Go to "Project->Properties->Project References" and check the references on both projects, that causes like an endless loop when building automatically.
In my case this could be solved in the following way:
I had a command line window open with the current directory set into a target-folder of the projects to be build. That caused the infinite loop. Closing the window and problem solved.
I guess, that if something prevents eclipse to remove some target folder, it will try over and over again.
To add my two cents: Yes, it's 2019, so Eclipse 2019-06 is installed now... eyeroll I mean I occasionally had the problem with earlier versions, too, but after upgrading to Eclipse 2019-06 I suddenly had three such "sleepers" running in parallel and wasn't able to do anything any more.
To make it work again I had to delete the directory tree of my projects in my Maven repository. So in my case I only had to delete the directory
Then I restarted Eclipse and during the start-up it seemed to download the now missing dependencies underneath that directory from our internal repository.
I had this same issue pop up for me and for awhile I couldn't figure out why. Then I finally figured out what was causing it (for me anyway).
It turns out I had an old project in my workspace that uses one of my custom libraries but the build path was not setup properly to use the library (its a shame Eclipse couldn't simply tell me that!). I had copied this workspace from another hard drive and I guess the file paths were all different now.
So, if any of your projects in your workspace use any external libraries make sure the build path has your library defined (
Properties -> Java Build Path -> Projects[tab].
I hope that helps someone else.
I solved it by opening my module's .project file. There were two redundant entries and deleting one helped:
<buildCommand> <name>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Builder</name> <arguments> </arguments> </buildCommand> <buildCommand> <name>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Builder</name> <arguments> </arguments> </buildCommand>
Sometimes it can also be caused by the following two entries from which you have to remove the older
<buildCommand> <name>org.maven.ide.eclipse.maven2Builder</name> </buildCommand> <buildCommand> <name>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Builder</name> </buildCommand>
It may also be that there are two identical natures:
<natures> <nature>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Nature</nature> </natures> <natures> <nature>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Nature</nature> </natures>
or two natures from which one is old
<natures> <nature>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Nature</nature> </natures> <natures> <nature>org.maven.ide.eclipse.maven2Nature</nature> </natures>
Just delete the redundant one or the old
Did you add your workspace to a Windows 7 library (i.e. the Windows Explorer Favorites or Windows Explorer Libraries)? Another user had a similar issue here.
If you have something open in a different editor (in the target directory of your project), this can also cause an infinite "Build Workspace" loop.
- Eclipse keeps Building workspace... and Building workspace... and Building workspace
- Eclipse Neon 2 & 3 keeps Resetting the Workspace and Plugins
- Eclipse keeps building workspace
- eclipse stuck when building workspace
- Disable building workspace process in Eclipse
- Eclipse always Building workspace
- Building Eclipse plugins and features on the command line
- Eclipse Build Error "A class file was not written. The project may be inconsistent, if so try refreshing this project and building it"
- How to transfer Eclipse workspace and project from Windows to Linux and Mac
- Using Android library in eclipse and jumping to class files instead of source file that is within eclipse workspace
- Eclipse changing workspace and directory
- difference between building project using maven and eclipse export as Jar
- Sharing an Eclipse workspace between Linux and Windows
- Eclipse Android SDK - error in building workspace
- What are .recommenders and .metadata in Eclipse workspace and should they be in sync between devices?
- Definining user libraries in Eclipse as part of a project and not a workspace
- Automatic WSDL Java Stub generation in Eclipse Workspace using Apache CXF and CXF Maven Plugin
- Can Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA use the same workspace without conflict?
- error in building workspace in Eclipse Helios
- Nexus keeps saying "Remote automatically blocked and unavailable" for Eclipse P2 remote repository
- What is the difference between building a WSDL in Eclipse and using WCF?
- my eclipse plug-in creates endless workspace building loops, probably job related
- Eclipse - record and apply move and rename refactorings to another workspace
- Building with Eclipse and Remote System Explorer
- Maven Eclipse Autobuilder keeps on building even though nothing changed
- Error in building eclipse project after update sdk and play services [Unable to execute dex: method ID not in]
- Set up Eclipse workspace automatically (import projects, target platform and preferences)
- Disable the building of one project in an Eclipse workspace
- how to check the current workspace of Eclipse and the project on that workspace using java program?
More Query from same tag
- How do you set the default foreground color for code in Eclipse?
- Key binding to popup menu item in eclipse Helios?
- Can't run android app from eclipse
- Newlines and blank lines formatting in eclipse
- generate constructor using fields
- Getting JavaSE-1.7 to work with Eclipse
- Looking for BeanShell Validator plugin for Eclipse
- Using ESQL-Sonar plugin in IIB V10
- Stripes Framework
- Eclipse: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application “org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench” could not be found in the registry
- Eclipse C++ - how to go to definition OF TYPE of highlighted variable DIRECTLY
- Gradle + Eclipse: How to not export JARs that are dependencies of a dependency?
- Can you suppress a single php file that won't parse/compile from showing as an error in Eclipse?
- How to expand given path in SWT/Tree and/or JFace/TreeViewer?
- Eclipse (Juno) CDT indexer: "Error while parsing..." a Makefile project
- Image in layout is not the correct size
- MobileFirst adapter is not deploying
- Incrementing a number and then setting back after fixed records arre entered?
- Eclipse is telling me a method is undefined when it clearly is in fact defined
- Why did the GitHub windows client delete all of my work?
- Java file runs but not Jar file
- java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PUBLIC_ONLY while using Box api in android in signed build
- Eclipse 4 and RCP
- try-finally with close auto-refactoring to try-with-resources with codestyle/checkstyle
- Merge automatically two hex files into one within Eclipse
- Eclipse plugin project and user library
- Eclipse wont work anymore
- Eclipse: How to Include Files in Build But Not in Export
- Understanding how to run a servlet in Eclipse
- Arranging the checkbox in checkboxtableviewer horizontally in eclipse e4