in the "debug" perspective, there is a "debug" view which shows the threads of the application being debugged:
there's a little menu in the top right corner, with an option "show debug toolbar". select that, et voilá:
window -> open perspective -> debug. there you go.
also it will normally open by itself when you run the project in debug mode. you do that by clicking f11 or clicking on the bug/insect icon to the left of the run (play) button in the navigation bar you provided screenshot off.
if any of the watch expressions takes too long to evaluate, those mentioned buttons will appear to be grayed out during the evaluation. in such case removing all watch expressions will help.
you may see that your breakpoints symbols are double lines instead of dots.
run > skip all breakpoints
after this you will see that the breakpoints icons are back to normal and your problem is resolved.
sometimes it helps to clean the eclipse workspace - just start eclipse with -clean and the debug buttons work again.
- Eclipse buttons like Step in, Step out, resume etc.. not working
- Step into not working in the debugging mode Eclipse
- Oracle Webcenter sites perspective buttons are not working in eclipse [ Developer Tools: Reading all asset types returned status: Forbidden ]
- Eclipse Step Over is not working as expected - Tomcat web app debugging
- Step over not working as expected in Eclipse Photon
- Session.get in hibernate working while step by step debugging but not while running in eclipse
- .war file not working on Eclipse w/ WebLogic 10.3.6 after working on 12.1.3 - can't figure out based on error log
- Buttons of Structure Properties window in Eclipse does not working
- Eclipse shortcut keys are not working suddenly in Windows
- Ctrl + Space not working for content assist on eclipse
- Eclipse autocomplete not working
- Eclipse CDT Autocomplete not working
- Eclipse Organize Imports Shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+O) is not working
- SVN key bindings not working in Eclipse
- Eclipse autocomplete not working in some Java files
- Lombok not working in eclipse mars
- Eclipse type hierarchy not always working
- Eclipse Android Emulator - Keyboard not working
- Eclipse indexing not working
- Ctrl + Shift + R is not working in Eclipse
- Eclipse Inspect(Ctrl+shift+I) not working
- free UML sequence diagram reverse engineering eclipse plugin working out of the box - does such a thing exist?
- 'Hot code replace' not working -- Eclipse doesn't change any code on JBoss
- Genymotion devices not working in Eclipse on OS X Yosemite
- Eclipse <ctrl>-click Hyperlink Not Working
- Eclipse Upgrade Not Working
- Eclipse Java Content Assist not working
- Eclipse autocomplete is not working for PHP-project
- Eclipse Oxygen generate toString generation not working
- Ctrl+alt+down arrow key not working in eclipse juno
More Query from same tag
- Multiple execution times for a java program
- After run Eclipse Product export wizard, I couldn't see exe file on exported\eclipse folder
- Can't both add a JAR to my Java project in Eclipse and have it seen in Git
- M2E is not for big project?
- Google App Engine Eclipse Launch Local Host Multiple App Conflict?
- Eclipse RCP: Add project to CNF-based Navigator
- eclipse include custom files (c)
- Eclipse is not working on Raspberry Pi 4: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- Calculating Interest Rate for Java Assignment
- How can I ignore a specific JSP validation error message in eclipse?
- Deployment of Web Application with ECLIPSE
- Mopub android integration - MoPubView cannot be resolved to a type
- Key sequence for eclipse rcp: CTRL + Page Up or CTRL + Page Down
- Eclipse Plugin development issue
- GAE-JEE Subclasses works in local but not online
- Glassfish Server is not starting on eclipse
- JUnit: How to bundle @Test methods to a suite?
- Downloading Existing Github Issues in Eclipse/Mylyn
- Eclipse does not recognize Message Bundle (f:loadBundle error)
- Error setting boost libraries path in Eclipse
- Load drawables in GridView with "Bitmapfun project" from Android Developer
- Debugging Eclipse plug-ins
- Can I get eclipse gwt devmode to always recompile all my modules
- HelloWorld with Eclipse on Mac
- Tycho fails to resolve reference from product to eclipse-feature from a different reactor build
- Does Eclipse have line-wrap
- How do I determine the command string eclipse uses to launch my java program?
- Eclipse Juno spell checker refuses to ignore email address in Javadoc @author field
- Eclipse export signed apk fails in mac osx 10.5.8
- Breaking out of While Loop in Java Simple Program