depending on how fixed you are on using gmf, you may want to look at graphiti (built on gef).
graphiti is an eclipse-based graphics framework that enables rapid development of state-of-the-art diagram editors for domain models. graphiti can use emf-based domain models very easily but can deal with any java-based objects on the domain side as well.
there is an eclipse labs project for creation of graphiti editors using an xtext dsl, called spray.
this project aims to provide one or more domain specific languages (dsl) to describe visual dsl editors against the graphiti runtime, and provide code generation to create the boilerplate code for realizing the implementation against the graphiti framework. potentially the spray dsl can be used to generate code for other frameworks as well.
you can import your dsl ecore model into spray, and using references to your dsl's types create a graphical editor with relatively little boilerplate. the presentation at codegen 2012 (spraycodegeneration2012.pdf on the google code link above) highlights some of spray's features.
- Xtext and GMF integration
- Xtext Integration with GMF
- Eclipse: Xtext and integration with Epsilon/GMF/Graphiti
- Integration of Xtext DSL editors and e4-based RCP
- ANTLR and Xtext integration for developing plugin
- Qt Eclipse Integration and custom widget plugin
- Eclipse Plugin and ADT modification for API Integration in Create Project menu
- What is practical use of IDEA MPS and Eclipse Xtext
- Maven, Lombok and Eclipse - Meaningful Integration Pattern
- (A better way to) Get files within a project using Eclipse and XText
- Integration of Java and Python Code in One Eclipse Project
- How to organize unit and integration tests?
- How to generate code using Xtext and Xtend?
- Eclipse JAVA separate unit test and integration test
- Integration of Unity and Eclipse
- Errors with Maven and Eclipse integration
- Alternatives to Aptana and jQueryWTP for jQuery Eclipse integration
- Generating a query fails for integration of Redmine and Mylyn in eclipse
- How to add an external jars for developing a java service in webMethods Integration Server and webMethods Designer
- How to increase productivity with Vim and Eclipse for PHP5.3 projects (possibly using Eclim integration with Zend Studio)
- Apache Hadoop and Eclipse integration
- How to generate AST using Xtext and Xtend?
- Zend Server CE and BIRT Integration with Javabridge
- eclipse ant integration and code formatting
- Xtext linking service and derived state
- SVN client with both Windows shell extension and Eclipse integration
- XText - Multiple grammars and example web editor
- How to use xtext and xpand togheter
- ZXing integration with eclipse and android, NoClassDefFoundError
- Error when installing "Maven Integration for Eclipse (Juno and newer)" in Eclipse Kepler
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse cannot build, but maven can since moving from Java 8 to Java 11
- How to create WAR file in eclipse?
- Eclipse Export JAR, not able to select resource
- Is it possible for Gradle projects in Eclipse/STS to resolve dependencies to other Gradle projects in the same workspace?
- Debugging wxpython on Eclipse
- C++ cout errors whenever it tries to print a function variable
- @throws in Scala does not allow calling Java to catch correct exception type
- Why does this compile? The code seems to be breaking constraints on the type parameters
- How to get FFTW working
- Eclipse: icons in drop down
- How to add parameters/switches to Eclipse/Maven Run Configuration
- Textfield Align Input Text Center
- onActivityResult works!! but i can't debug
- Andengine getLastChild() error
- Writing a code template for Eclipse PDT with context=php_new_file_context
- Eclipse keyboard shortcut to open build path of current project?
- Eclipse Juno, CDT, ARM, path issues on OS X
- How to use Different Java versions eclipse in Linux mint?
- Eclipse classpath cannot find JDBC file
- Why am I getting the wrong output?
- Lightweight alternatives to CDT for C++ editing in eclipse
- Eclipse freemarker template highliting
- Rename a Perspective in Eclipse
- How do I disable all code analysis in eclipse cdt?
- Finding the average of a column in a matrix with unknown elements
- Failed to use my JNAerator built jar though added it in the classpath
- Eclipse - how to make a Maven + OSGI project?
- How to change URI of WAR file in EAR file in MyEclipse?
- JavaFX classes are not recognised in Eclipse
- Why am I getting the following error when running Google App from eclipse?