my messy solution. i don't know if there are sideeffects. so far no:
- rename the old project to xxxxx_old
- create new project xxxxx with initial java7 environment
- close eclipse
- copy content of folder xxxxx_old to xxxxx
- start eclipse. no compilation error anymore for my constructor zipfile(1,2)
i would really like to know the right way. i only gave this solution for probably help other peoples with the same issue. use this method on your own risk! its messy.
here are the exact steps in case anyone in the future needs them:
in the package explorer window, right-click your project and select "properties" from the context menu, or go to file > properties.
in the properties dialog window, select "java build path" from the left sidebar menu, then click the libraries tab on the right-hand side.
select your 'jre system library' and click the "edit..." button. assuming you have the latest jre installed, you should be able to change the "execution environment" there.
if not, go to "alternate jre:" and click the "installed jres..." button.
assuming you don't see the one you want listed, click "add...", ensure "standard vm" is selected, click "next", click "directory" and navigate to your new jre root folder (i.e., "c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_20").
once you click "finish" and then "ok", you should be able to switch back to "execution environment" and select the jre you desire.
click "finish" and then select "java compiler" from the left sidebar menu. double check that under jdk compliance you have "use compliance from execution environment...." checked.
now your project should compile and run under the new jdk/jre.
- Upgrade a Java 6 Project to Java 7 in Eclipse
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn't?
- How to format all Java files in an Eclipse project at one time?
- How to change an Eclipse default project into a Java project
- Build Eclipse Java Project from Command Line
- How to upgrade Eclipse for Java EE Developers?
- import from another java project in eclipse
- Find unused classes in a Java Eclipse project
- How to simultaneously run all JUnit tests for a Eclipse Java project without Maven?
- Eclipse Open declaration in Java project
- How do I add a resources folder to my Java project in Eclipse
- Java - Build and run eclipse project from command line
- How Do I Automatically Generate A .jar File In An Eclipse Java Project
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- .gitignore file for java eclipse project
- Running Gradle project via Eclipse errors "system Cannot find System Java Compiler"
- How do I check out an SVN project into Eclipse as a Java project?
- upgrade eclipse to java 8
- configuring existing eclipse java project to build using gradle
- How to reference a different Java project in Eclipse
- Eclipse Java project folder organization
- Java Dynamic Web project with Maven and Eclipse
- How do I add existing eclipse java project to git
- Convert Eclipse project type from general to Java
- Can we call another project java class from our project in eclipse
- Maven project not being treated as Java in Eclipse
- "duplicate entry" error when exporting Java project to JAR with Eclipse
- How do I convert my Eclipse project to an earlier Java version?
- eclipse not inserting "diamond" operator in a java 8 project
- How to deploy Java web application project from Eclipse to live Tomcat server?
More Query from same tag
- How do I delete ".project" file from Git?
- How to hide .svn folder in Eclipse and not show empty packages?
- The type getServletContext() is undefined for the type HttpServletRequest in a maven project for Eclipse
- Error while creating S3 Client in Java
- I try to create a build in ant were it create a html report which will start my .class file
- How to execute eclipse under java VisualVM
- What is the difference between /* ...*/ and /** ... */
- Testing @RooJavaBean class in Eclipse IDE with JUnit
- Eclipse, TomCat6 Spring 2.0.6
- Enable proguard automatically while creating new project in Android
- How to use Eclipse 3.x views in E4?
- ANTLR Grammar file Editor for Eclipse
- Where can I see the differents "Hibernate Console Configurations" in Eclipse
- Apache setup on Eclipse PHP (Ubuntu 10.10)
- Eclipse. Fuzzy search in Quick Switch Editor
- Eclipse Java 6 with Mysql 8
- Android project working on Motodev but crashes on Eclipse
- How to make a default package eclipse
- Android ZXing QR scan
- apache cassandra dependencies issue
- Remove urls from Switch to branch/Tag History
- How to disable/enable view toolbar menu/action in Eclipse Plugin Development
- How do I reference a text file from within an Eclipse JUnit java class ?
- Eclipse Plugin Development Using Git Information
- XML Problem in Eclipse in web-app attribute
- Eclipse style help system (SWT?)
- Eclipse Scout check when leave page
- Eclipse EMF model query with Python
- remove a view from eclipse
- Unable to import userlibrary