add this to your debug configuration:
tracing tab: org.eclipse.ui: debug = true trace/graphics = true
i recently faced the same problem, and managed to find a solution. here's what i discovered, who knows it might help you.
on our rcp startup, there's a call to platformui.createdisplay() on our application class, which chains to a call to workbench.createdisplay(). that's the exact point where the debug settings needed by sleak are properly read and set.
what happened on our software was that a call to display.getdefault() was made before the above call to platformui.createdisplay(). it caused the creation of a new display object, which was set as the default one. this creation did not read and set the debug settings, because it happened on a different path.
by the time our code got to the platformui.createdisplay() call, it didn't actually create a new display. instead, it returned the previously-created, not-debug-friendly one. thus leading sleak into warning about "device not tracking resource allocation".
adding a breakpoint at the method display.register (display display) helped us identifying the early creation origin and properly change it.
you might have not hand written the createdisplay() call on your code, but i'm pretty sure there's one somewhere, because every platform needs a display.
struggled with this for most of day, finding a variety of out-of-date cookbooks and howto pages... in one of the eclipse forum posts, someone referenced this page, which worked for me. (oxygen, pure e4 standalone rcp application)
even tho it seems odd, you have to have your eclipse workbench application running with various flags set, before it pays any attention to your project settings when running your application in the debugger.
i just faced this problem and solved it.
go to debug configuration-> tracing tab. here make sure that you have selected org.eclipse.ui on the left side and select tracing/graphics and debug on the right side. now launch it . in your rcp you will be getting the sleak information now.
- Sleak in RCP: Device is not tracking resource allocation
- Sleak (SWT & RCP) : Device is not tracking resource allocation (eclipse 4.3)
- Device not detected in Eclipse when connected with USB cable
- Error "AdbCommandRejectedException: device not found" in Eclipse using Android emulator
- LG G3 device not recognized by Eclipse on Windows
- Eclipse project not built on Mac due to 'A resource exists with a different case' error
- Why when I rename a project in Eclipse does Tomcat not pick up the new resource name?
- Eclipse could not resolve string resource error
- Eclipse plugin dependency on SWT classes not being resolved
- Is it inevitable that SWT is a dependency in an Eclipse RCP application?
- Tomcat 7 in Eclipse Indigo: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Resource /WEB-INF/classes not found
- Eclipse RCP view will not update when editor data is modified
- What are strategies for not making Eclipse RCP based application look like IDE?
- Request resource is not found 404 error while running maven project on tomcat in eclipse
- unable to load library 'yyy.dll': native library (win32-x86/yyy.dll) not found in resource path (jna + dll + eclipse rcp)
- Eclipse on MacOS: SWT lib code signature not valid for use in process using Library Validation
- Text fields are not displayed on the barchart created using jfreechart in Eclipse RCP
- Eclipse not deploying Android apps on device or Emulator
- Why an Eclipse RCP product build can not find classes in org.eclipse.ui during headless build?
- The ECLIPSE RCP project could not be exported successfully
- Eclipse does not see my device from one day to another (samsung galaxy s3 mini)
- Android Device Not Detecting In Eclipse
- Eclipse 4 RCP - Application does not have an active window
- Eclipse restart using 'PlatformUI.getWorkbench().restart()' is not restarting the RCP product
- eclipse find resource not compiled
- Java - java.lang.Error: SWT Resource was not properly disposed
- SWT application is running from Eclipse IDE, not running when I create a jar via Maven and run. Gives UnsatisfiedlinkException
- Eclipse SWT label not showing within Composite
- Eclipse RCP p2 update not working
- Resource not available error using Eclipse Kepler with Struts 2 + Tomcat 7
More Query from same tag
- change classes in android sdk
- How to quickly convert java / json to Xtext langauge?
- JBoss : outOfMemory PermGen space
- Egit Eclipse best practises (play framework 2,.0) project
- How to Set Java Path On Windows?
- Android application crash when run after installation
- Eclipse : Programmatically importing projects without copying
- Using a template within a template - eclipse
- Eclipse Photon - wrong keyboard layout only for shortcut
- Packaging a file in a JAR and then moving it to the correct directory
- IntelliJ Idea Community Edition - Quick Documentation Lookup
- PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getService(IEventBroker.class) returns null
- What does the checkstyle warning "Declaring variables, return values or parameters of type 'ArrayList' is not allowed." mean?
- Can a C++ code i wrote on eclipse IDE, run without problems on VC++ IDE?
- Eclipse can't recognize my javax.ws.rs.core.Response object
- Eclipse on VMPlayer/Ubuntu keeps saying my files have changed on disk
- Maven- how to find the group id responsible for the jar file my current project is using?
- Permgen Space: Ideal behaviour to be achieved
- Loading array from file for android
- Android & Eclipse 2 different versions of the same app
- Tomcat crashes while remote debugging
- Jtest(cli) for eclipse is not finding any files, with "Source Files to Check: 0"
- Activity is crashing due to NumberFormatException when trying to use OpenGL
- Unknown packaging apk
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: waffle.apache.NegotiateAuthenticator
- How do I add existing eclipse java project to git
- Merge changes from trunk to branch using subclipse
- Eclipse not able to load Java ImageMagick library in Mac OS X 10.11.4
- "Main type not specified" with GWT and Eclipse Juno 4.2
- How to profile a java application in debug mode with JProfiler