i don't know how eclipse runs tomcat, but it will need for sure to run an executable. so, you can
chown that executable to the user
tomcat and then
setuid the executable. for example:
chown tomcat:tomcat /path/to/bin/tomcat chmod +s /path/to/bin/tomcat
with the setuid bit any executable is ran as the user who owns it.
i didn't test it, but it should work fine.
- Run Tomcat within Eclipse as a different user in Linux
- Run Tomcat within Eclipse as a different user
- Getting JSTL to run within Tomcat and Eclipse
- How to run tomcat within eclipse Java Project
- How can I run two instances of tomcat 7.0 per eclipse different ports?
- Application will not run on Tomcat Server within Eclipse
- How do I run a WAR on Tomcat within eclipse if it's not a 'dynamic web app'?
- How to run multiple tomcat instances using different ports within MyEclipse IDE
- How to run Eclipse with different Java version?
- How to run a Maven Project In Tomcat From Eclipse
- Tomcat not shutting down within Eclipse
- ClassNotFoundException when running a Spring + Maven2 project on Tomcat 6 from within Eclipse 3.5
- When not to use this server location when using tomcat within Eclipse
- Run Tomcat with Maven and Eclipse - Unknown lifecycle phase
- Tomcat not deploying new version of files at all - linux / eclipse
- What happens when I run an application on tomcat in Eclipse
- How do I make an Eclipse plugin extension which displays different context menu items when the user clicks a marker?
- Setting up Eclipse with Tomcat 7 in Arch Linux
- Different kind of exception while i run test both eclipse and console?
- Is it possible to use tomcat 7.0.20 within eclipse indigo?
- tomcat 7 failed to start from within eclipse
- Running Tomcat from within Eclipse always gives me 404 (but index.html works)
- In eclipse is there a way to run more than one Java app in different console windows?
- Why does maven give me different utf-8 characters than eclipse (test run in eclipse, fail in maven)?
- Get PHP Eclipse to run error checking on different file-types
- Can not run Tomcat 7 from eclipse
- Use webapp classpath using JavaCompiler in Tomcat within Eclipse with Maven
- Eclipse won't open in Linux Mint and Java won't open in different directories
- How to run an Eclipse Dynamic Web Application with Apache Tomcat Server?
- How to run a linux script before launching gdb debugging in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Trying to get program to end when the word "Done" is typed
- Config eclipse preferences in project explorer
- NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/cdt/core/CCorePlugin
- Eclipse GIT reindex loop plus append .gitignore
- R.Java errors, and more
- Accessing external resources
- Emulator does not load
- Why change xml file in Eclipse project will trigger project auto build
- Unable to start Stanford's CS106A Eclipse version - "Unable to access jarfile startup.jar" on Mac 10.6
- Class not found Exception after exporting Exsisting class to JAR
- Compile and build Eclipse plugin with Jenkins
- Build multiple project configurations with eclipse
- How to convert an Eclipse GAE Standard Environment Application to Flexible Environment?
- Eclipse shortcut key for toolbar run menu arrow?
- How to make an eclipse partstack not disappear when the last part is closed?
- Build Failure Error while doing maven install in command prompt
- How to resolve missing context.xml during maven build?
- How to adjust line wrap formatting rules in Eclipse?
- Maven build issue; not all mentioned plugins appear in target folder
- Android HttpsConnection - Internal Server Error
- Updating an HSQLDB table from Eclipse
- Eclipse Can Export A Java File Into A .Jar File But Keeps Running Into Errors
- In need of help - eclipse - import image
- How to upload images and xml file into a maven project in eclipse
- why method Base64.encodeBase64String(byte) is not available
- Why am I getting the selenium error 'firefox-bin quit expectedly' and unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055
- DataBufferInt cannot be resolved to a type
- Eclipse > CDT + Cygwin > How to configure a C++ compiler?
- Android and SQLite
- How to link Eclipse to Java EE 5 SDK?