java is indeed a cross platform language and should work on any platform... but..
eclipse uses native libraries for it's gui toolkit ; it's likely you don't have a build of these compiled for arm. the actual native binaries are encapsulated in the jar files supplied ; this is why eclipse bundles come in platform specific flavours, but the eclipse foundation don't prepare arm builds.
if you really want eclipse on ubuntu on arm you'll have to build eclipse, and it's native libraries, for arm, yourself. i'm not sure as to how practical that is without a certain amount of research.
- Run Eclipse on Nexus 7 with Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop
- Eclipse on Ubuntu gives "Update LCD" error when setting up a run configuration with a File System working directory
- A desktop SWT application won't run under Eclipse in Ubuntu
- Why does my Eclipse Indigo crash on Ubuntu 13.04 with Oracle JDK 64bit?
- How to run Eclipse with different Java version?
- Why does Ubuntu 14.04 stick with (old) Eclipse 3.8 when 4.3 is out?
- Store run configuration with project in Eclipse
- How do I install Eclipse with C++ in Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)?
- "A configuration with this name already exists" error in eclipse run configurations
- eclipse doesn't work with ubuntu 16.04
- Why is Eclipse hanging at 57% with the status "Verifying launch attributes..." when launching a run configuration?
- Run Ant on Eclipse Mars with Java 1.6
- install and run an app on multiple devices with a single click under eclipse
- How to compile and run C++ with MinGW using Eclipse and CDT?
- How to run a GO project in eclipse with goclipse installed
- How to run maven from eclipse with the -e switch
- How to run jBoss AS 7 with eclipse 3.6(helios)?
- Open eclipse juno with error "No more handles ..." in Ubuntu 12.04
- How to Install and Run eclipse on ubuntu
- How to get Eclipse SWT Browser component running on Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) with Webkit?
- Redirect stdin from a file in eclipse with run configuration
- Android trying to run my project in eclipse and end up with xml.out
- Run Tomcat with Maven and Eclipse - Unknown lifecycle phase
- Anyone have issues with Eclipse over Remote Desktop Connection?
- How to open run configurations window in Eclipse with shortcut?
- How can I run eclipse always as root in ubuntu 12.04?
- Cannot run JavaFX 11 with Eclipse
- Eclipse freezes all the time with Ubuntu
- Can't run jUnit with Eclipse
- Can't run Eclipse with Java 10.0.1
More Query from same tag
- Learning Maven: "Unable to parse configuration" for jar plugin
- Java & Slick2d - Object Interaction
- Dynamic web application structure from maven
- intellij idea module default "user.dir"
- windowbuilder in eclipse, unsure how to display window
- Display views in custom eclipse perspective
- Eclipse Project Explorer Highlighting
- how to close swing JFrame inseparate listerner class (not inner class and ananumous inner class). setVisible(false) not accessble in another class
- My application has stopped unexpectedly on emulator
- Eclipse startup failure Google plugins
- Run Hadoop MapReduce Job from Dynamic Web Project on WildFly Servlet
- setting up javadocs for achartengine
- How canI manually reload context in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Debugger stop just before termination
- List view for images - android mobile app
- How to add another activity (for example video activity) in fragment tabs?
- How to make eclipse tomcat use ant script to create a war and then deploy it
- Compiling Only One Class in a Project
- Annotating/applying labels to classes in Eclipse package explorer
- Error during installation of dark theme into IBMs RDi
- Execute code when loading an Eclipse perspective
- How to hide files in eclipse plugin development?
- How to pause python execution in eclipse and return to an interactive prompt
- Problems when using 'Force Stop' in my Android application. How is staring app in phone different from starting via Eclipse?
- "Comparison method violates its general contract!" when trying to install Eclipse plugin
- Why this exception not thrown under Junit in Eclipse?
- Undefined reference to symbol 'sem_post@@GLIBC_2.4
- Why doesn't logcat show anything in my Android?
- Insert line break in editor
- JFace - select editable cell at given row index?