go to this link http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/installing-adt.html and download it to the folder/directory where you have earlier installed the android package [ensure to close eclipse during this time]
do not unpack / unzip it but follow these steps: start the eclipse, select help > install new software. click add, in the top-right corner.
- in the add repository dialog, click archive. select the downloaded adt-22.6.0.zip file and click ok.
- enter "adt plugin" for the name and click ok.
- in the available software dialog, select the checkbox next to developer tools and click next.
- in the next window, you'll see a list of the tools to be downloaded. click next and follow the guidelines like accepting the license agreements then finish.
- ignore the security warning and click ok. and the when the installation completes, restart the eclipse.
that should resolve the problem for you. try to restart your system if required and start the eclipse again. i've followed the same steps and it worked for me...
i have updated my adt to 22.6.1 but still whenever i start eclipse following error message comes
i believe this is a symptom of two version of the android sdks. one is being used by you from the command line, and the second is being maintained by eclipse.
to ensure eclipse uses the version of android sdk (and ndk) you are maintaining, you need to set both
$ ls /opt/ android-ndk-r9c android-sdk android-studio eclipse intel
in the example above, i have installed the sdk and ndk in
/opt. so i set it in
$ cat ~/.bashrc ... # android goodness export android_ndk_root=/opt/android-ndk-r9c export android_sdk_root=/opt/android-sdk # java goodness export java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/ export path=$java_home/bin:$path:/opt/android-sdk/platform-tools:/opt/android-sdk/tools
if you don't set
android_ndk_root, then you need to use eclipse preferences to set it.
for completeness, the android folks are the ones who state to use
android_ndk_root. that's because the various tools in the sdk and ndk use the environmental variables. see recommended ndk directory?.
finally, all this assumes you are using the latest eclipse plugin. but i've never had problems with the plugins (only with sdk and ndk paths), so i don't believe its your problem. and i could not duplicate it with kepler on debian.
- Receiving error even after updating ADT in eclipse
- Error after updating ADT in eclipse
- Conversion to Dalvik failed with error 1 after updating ADT 16.0.1 to ADT 18.0 in Eclipse
- Eclipse ADT (Theme and Icon) is broken after updating Android SDK
- Error while updating ADT 23.0.0 in eclipse
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- xml error in Eclipse after updating Android SDK Tools
- Error within Debug UI: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException after updating Android SDK Tool and ADT
- Eclipse ADT plugin update error occurred when updating from ADT 16 to ADT 17.
- Proguard Error after updating ADT 23
- Eclipse with ADT - adb.exe keeps running even after IDE exit
- Failed to export application Command-line Error -1073741819 after updating Eclipse to 23.0.5 and SDK to 5.0
- Cannot update eclipse ADT to 23.0.3 even after trying everything found on google
- Eclipse ADT Plugin crashed after updating to version 22.0
- Eclipse signals me an error in this POM, even after cleaning the project and validating it in XML
- Eclipse Show Error after ADT update
- Error while updating ADT plugin for eclipse
- Eclipse / ADT not updating package when re-running after editing XML
- Eclipse doesn't seem to want to compile a new version of my class. I'm getting the same error even after (I think) fixing it
- No repository found error in Installing ADT in eclipse Indigo
- Fail to find annotations.jar after updating to ADT 23
- Error when updating eclipse
- Eclipse c++ Type could not be resolved error even though build is successful
- Error importing Maven Android Android project to Eclipse with ADT 20
- Eclipse Mars: How to Stop Updating Error Reporting Database
- Strange error in R.java, even after cleaning the project: "Underscores can only be used with source level 1.7 or greater"
- Trying to update ADT - receiving "conflicting dependency" error
- Eclipse not creating new Activity and xml layout file (issues started after updating eclipse and sdk)
- Updating Eclipse SDK Error
- Debugging options unavailable in Eclipse after ADT reinstall
More Query from same tag
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError Cannot Find CLASS
- getClass().getResource() always returning null
- How to use SVN and Eclipse in workspace together?
- Ant Builder Build Failed eINSTANCE
- OSGi - running outside eclipse
- Copying projects in eclipse, what do I change to allow both versions on the same device?
- Eclipse Juno : Where is the Hibernate Code Generation menu item?
- JAVA For Loop running out of memory when running though image files
- maven adds dependency but eclipse does not see it
- Creating and structuring packages correctly in Eclipse
- TestNG doesn't show line number for line from where the null pointer exception occurs
- Make JFace Window blink in taskbar or get users attention?
- Eclipse plugins for Seam Development
- Eclipse C++ issue: No binary (but no compiler error), no classes (but no entry in the class hierarchy)
- How to import a jar file into eclipse and use the source code
- Device shows up on adb and DDMS, but not on run device list
- log4j can´t create the log file
- eclipse mars: rebuild index of maven central repository stuck
- what's the .Rtr file for R session log?
- How to elevate privilege level to root from c++ program on linux
- android build failed with: error trying to exec .. execv: Exec format error
- How to enable Design View (GUI) for xml files other than the layout xml in Android Studio?
- Where can I find binaries for previous versions of the "SonarQube for Eclipse" plugin?
- Using textfields and a grid in another page
- Can i still use eclipse for android projects?
- Eclipse: Open JSP file on CTRL+CLICK of jsp path
- I hosted a server in eclipse by tomcat but cant access localhost:8080 or my jsp page from browser
- Eclipse 3.5 and Java 7
- How to use command prompt in eclipse to create Maven Project?