servlet-api.jar - is wrong in your list of application libs. this jar file (or evivalent) must be supplied by servlet container (tomcat).
i have used "invoker" in my web.xml and after too much investigation i found that its no longer after tomcat 6.
remove this invoker and mapped all the servlet with /servlet/servlet.class.fully.qualified.name in servlet-mapping
maybe you forgot "/" in servlet-mapping. like this:
<servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>testservlet</servlet-name> <url-pattern>test</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>
- org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardServer]A child container failed during start
- Unable to start Spring Boot: Failed to read candidate component
- org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext]
- Eclipse error: a Child component failed during start java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
- Starting Apache Tomcat v7 at localhost has encountered a problem and failed to start in eclipse
- Server Tomcat v8.0 at localhost failed to start : Failed to Start Component in Eclipse for JSP
- org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
- java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component StandardEngine.StandardHost.StandardContext
- LifecycleException: Failed to start component
- Apache Tomcat 7 in Eclipse fails to start: A child container failed during start
- Server Apache TomEE at localhost failed to start
- Apache tomcat server failed to start
- Failed to Start Apache tomcat from eclipse juno in linux at port 80
- Eclipse error "ADB server didn't ACK, failed to start daemon"
- spring boot application in eclipse, the tomcat connector configured to listen on port yyyx failed to start
- android Failed to start emulator:Cannot run program
- adb server is out of date. killing... cannot bind 'tcp:5037' ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * in ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start
- tomcat 7 failed to start from within eclipse
- Keep getting error that says Server App Engine Standard at localhost failed to start
- Failed to start MDS cs
- server tomcat v8.0 server at localhost failed to start
- A child container failed during start java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
- eclipse(set with scala envirnment) : object apache is not a member of package org
- Tomcat v7.0 failed to start on Eclipse, Invalid <url-pattern> in servlet mapping
- Server App Engine Standard at localhost failed to start
- Tomcat Maven Plugin - A child container failed during start
- Server Google App Engine (1.8.2) at localhost failed to start
- Starting App Engine Standard at localhost has encountered a problem - failed to start
- Apache Tomcat 8.0 Start failier on Eclipse MARS - JAVA EE
More Query from same tag
- How to add a JRE 1.8 into Eclipse Installer JRE?
- How do I get java to store a text file in a 2D array and locate a specific point in said array?
- Eclipse Blender and PyDev Unresolved import pydevd
- Single command to build all Eclipse maven projects in current workspace?
- Eclipse error while building workspace
- How to debug C application using eclipse IDE under Linux
- All I get is "Client/Server JS Editor"
- Connect Google App Engine Eclipse Plugin to Cloud SQL
- Eclipse: How do I restore the original project structure?
- Can't create Hello World in Eclipse (Mac), Building error (NullPointerException)
- Running python setup.py install before each run in eclipse pydev
- Add -j 4 command to eclipse build
- Is <input type="date"> working on Eclipse?
- Not able to import org.springframework.security classes in Eclipse
- Eclipse Launch Error Can't rurn simple program in Java
- JUnit - IllegalArgumentException.class failes?
- Eclipse - Formatting Switch Statement
- Intergrating Proclipsing into Eclipse Project, screen won't appear
- View all methods called during Runtime - Eclipse Java
- I cannot find the Other option to Export my Java file in Eclipse
- Using Eclipse and eGit - after the initial setup, how do I tell what protocol is being used, i.e. ssh or not?
- Trying to do calculation code for a calculator in android application
- Eclipse: reference local code instead of cached gradle dependency
- How does Eclipse decide to add a new <folderInfo> to a .cproject file?
- How do I create a java project that takes options at runtime (i.e. -p or -f)
- dynamic web project creation option in eclipse helios
- Eclipse Neon Pathetically Slow
- Starting a Foreground Service in Activity
- Eclipse Indigo not working after System Crash
- How to Find All Resource IDs in Android