i think i got it.
after reading android project rename - won't launch now i did the following:
- removed all previous versions from device
- created a fresh branch from the pro version
- imported the code into a fresh eclipse workspace
- renamed the package using android tools > rename application package from the menu
- changed java package name under
- adapted strings and icon as necessary for basic version
- cleaned project
- launched basic version
- closed eclipse and switched back to pro branch
- launched eclipse with pro workspace
- cleaned project
- launched pro version
and voilà! i get two different apps with different names and different icons in manage apps, both on my nexus s and in the virtualbox.
- always use eclipse commands to rename apps or packages. changing strings in the manifest file is not enough. apparently eclipse makes some more changes than just updating the manifest, possibly in the workspace folder.
- clean between two builds of different branches. otherwise you will (evidently – i tried it) carry over debris from the past build, resulting in resources getting mixed up between branches, and end up building something totally different from what you intended.
i think you need to use
android:label on your
<application> to give a different name to the app. also make sure you clean you project for the resource changes to appear.
- Old Android app name won't disappear after renaming
- renaming the name of the APP alone in Android Eclipse IDE
- Package name error in app engine connected android project after endpoint library generation
- Android Program wont start after name change
- Android app name not changed in status bar when launching in eclipse
- project name doesn't change on the remote repository after renaming from eclipse
- Changing Android App Name
- Running Android app from Eclipse after setting up for obfuscation
- Can't run app after update Android SDK Tool
- Android App Not Working After Pressing Back Button
- Eclipse asking for module named after the old project name
- Save the data and using it after restarting the app Android
- My android app showing white screen after changing targetSDK version
- Renaming and app ID using Android Studio
- Android Build - Select app name and icon at compile time
- Open source android app wont run via Eclipse
- Android app gets ClassNotFoundException after exported to apk
- Android dependencies error after renaming project
- How do you debug an Android app that gives runtime errors after obfuscation with ProGuard?
- First app for android after eclipse install
- Android app not able to do a task after comparing a phone number
- How to run android app in emulator by rewriting old databases?
- Android: Application is running slow after it's been migrated from old adt-bundle to latest android studio
- App getting installed three times when run through usb debugging after converting my project to Android Studio
- Android app cannot install after export
- Android app built in eclipse wont run on phone
- android in app billing package name change
- Unable to run Android app after creating new AVD
- App appearance changed after migration from Eclipse to Android Studio
- What to do with GitHub repository for Android app after switching from Eclipse to Android Studio?
More Query from same tag
- Debugging Thorntail Services in Eclipse?
- Single Eclipse install with multiple Configurations and Workspaces
- Unable to create SOAP connection factory: Provider com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory not found
- Java socketConnection - Different Console for server and client?
- Run ant script when project in OpenEdge Developer Studio (eclipse) project is opened
- Average time to run an assert statement in RUBY?
- Why Eclipse m2e plugin deploy wrong formatted jars to Tomcat server
- ADT Plugin can't install: Missing requirement: Android Development Tools
- eclipse debugger not working with power Rule in Junit
- How to Avoid Launching the Android Application Twice ,Running from Eclipse to real device
- Build C executable for Raspberry Pi on Windows or Linux
- Cannot see list of drivers in Eclipse (Kepler)
- How to add existing files to project using Eclipse and PyDev
- Reusable Projects in Eclipse/Android
- integrate Mule IDE in the Eclipse neon
- tptp profiling in eclipse giving an error while starting tomcat in profiling mode
- Eclipse RCP Application could not start
- Is there a faster way to set methods in eclipse with java?
- How to use Linked Files in Eclipse for PhoneGap project with Android
- Android Eclipse - How to center a button
- multiple classes in a single physical file on android
- Eclipse Android Plugins
- Inter-dependencies between static libraries
- How can I keep the same value?
- Opening Eclipse editor from python with Py4J
- Finding about Eclipse dependency (e.g. for red5)
- View descriptor not found exception in eclipse PDE
- How to get one workplace
- Google Maps Android API v2
- Can not run C++ in eclipse mars