well, i feel like an idiot; turns out, i had redirected stdout/err to a log file that i had long since forgotten about, and stuck somewhere difficult to find.
i ran into the same problem so i did some research. seems like there was an old issue (2006-2008), but it was resolved by adding an option to the launch configurations to allocate a console. this is available from the run -> debug configurations menu option, common tab. perhaps this is simply unchecked after the pydev install?
if this is a new bug, there were two possible workarounds suggested:
- set up debug launch configuration that uses remote debugging instead of local debugging.
- use a buffered writer to system.out.
here are the threads for reference: eclipse bug - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=122429 workaround thread - java.io.console support in eclipse ide
- No Java console output in Eclipse; works with PyDev
- Java JVM Eclipse remote debug with a console enabled
- Can't run Java Application with Maven from Eclipse but it works in Command line
- How to capture console output of Eclipse plugin with custom Launch Configuration?
- Eclipse CDT Console output not showing up in debug with path and not showing up in run without path
- In Eclipse Java EE servlet does not output to console
- Running java from within the console in eclipse with maven
- how to show result of java program in console output in eclipse using log4j logger?
- Eclipse 3.4 + Tomcat 6.0 + Remote Debugging with Console Output
- Two different source folders with different output folders in eclipse having same type java source files;not getting compiled
- Eclipse Pydev autocomplete not working with error: java.lang.RuntimeException: The python client still hasn't connected back to the eclipse java vm
- Output broken in eclipse java console
- Exporting a program in Eclipse that works for people not familiar with Java programming
- Pydev output in Eclipse console truncated by triple period
- How to run a script which has Java command via Eclipse IDE such that I see the output and interact with the program?
- Java outputting console output to text file inside of eclipse
- Java Program output printed in random position in Eclipse console
- Need a free Java method execution profiler that works with Eclipse on Windows
- I have no output in the Console - java - Eclipse
- Eclipse Checkstyle Plugin works with Java 1.5?
- Eclipse Pydev console output jumbled
- can't display the console on glassfish 4 with java 8 144 and use eclipse
- Which Eclipse IDE Release works with java version "1.3.1_02"?
- Console runs out of java heap space memory, but Eclipse does not with same settings
- Java Encryption with AES-RSA works in Eclipse but not in Android Studio
- Clearing Eclipse's output console with PyDev Remote Debugger(pydevd)?
- How to use Eclipse Console output with LibreOfficeCalc?
- Console output of Eclipse with timestamp
- Unable to provide user input in PyDev console on Eclipse with Jython
- CharStack class works with javac but does not return anything in Eclipse console
More Query from same tag
- Fix Eclipse java references database corruption?
- htmlunit can't click a button inside a table element
- OpenHAB in Raspbian : Could not connect: Connection Refused
- eclipse + tomcat error
- Logcat issues (pausing, buffer, output redirection)
- PrintWriter eclipse
- Eclipse RCP - Opening perspective on button click
- how to create a "visibleWhen" for org.eclispe.ui.newWizards?
- org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.erlide.ui was unable to load class org.erlide.ui.editors.erl.ErlangEditor
- eclipse no autoinsertion for EPIC (Perl Plugin)
- Fire selection event from code
- How to know whether Text is asserted
- Unable to compile class for JSP using Eclipse Juno
- Starting on learning SWT in eclipse, why won't this label change location
- Constructor vs Curly Brackets (?)
- issue, how Fix get JSON from URL in android?, Onclicklistener? AsyncTask? OnPostExecute?
- Eclipse Rich Client Application Connect to database
- Java grading calculator with remainder 0's
- How can I add a hidden folder during creation of a WAR file.
- Seeking useful Eclipse Java code templates
- Eclipse Save Action - Package-private comment
- Android Localization structure of values folder
- In eclipse how to add existing maven project as web project
- Can't see Indigo or Helios from Eclipse Check for Updates
- Using cometD in a tapestry web page
- Eclipse - "Unfortunately app has stopped working"
- Manifest file not being generated through ANT
- Custom Annotation Processor working in Maven but not in eclipse
- How to get multiple target android level in eclipse IDE?