im not sure if this will be an answer for you. my experiences are different, i'm on windows, and i was only trying to get c (not c++) code working. but ran into exactly the same issue. and my solution could seemly be used to work for c++ as well. as far as i can tell, eclipse/adt on mac is much the same as on windows. so that shouldn't be a problem here. who knows, i could be talking out of my a--.
however, i think the problem is solved two fold. here is how i solved it. i followed the tutorial: http://mhandroid.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/using-eclipse-for-android-cc-development/
things to note:
1) when developing in eclipse/adt for android. it always assumes that your writing in java. you need to make the project "mixed java & c/c++" (not that i've seen it called this outside the tutorial, lol)
ndk-build should probably work fine from the command line (even tho it might not compile in eclipse).
3) in the tutorial, the two things that seemed to get it to recognize c/c++ are "step 5: convert to a c/c++ project" followed by steps 6-8 (which seem like one big step).
4) in step 7, under "build command". you might have to use a the complete path (no spaces) to your
ndk-build. (*windows users enter "
5) in step 8, also include a full path.. no spaces. however, this is where you would put a path in for "gnc c++" instead. (this is my guess for your solution)
6) if all else fails... it should work in c. try step 8 exactly, and use only c syntax. because, at the top of this older tutorial (http://mindtherobot.com/blog/452/android-beginners-ndk-setup-step-by-step/) it talks about how limited ndk is. it says c++ functionality is limited. otherwise, this second tutorial is mostly obsolete it seems. cygwin and command line compilation are not needed anymore, and my eclipse installation had the c/c++ support out-of-box. however, its all still usable/valid.
(and on a similar note, and for those seeking help with ndk. also make sure a space-less full path to your ndk folder is entered in at eclipse > window > preferences > android > ndk > ndk location)
- Mac Eclipse not resolving C++ lib functions in NDK
- Eclipse indexer is not finding the functions using the android ndk
- Eclipse on MAC OS X Does not detect LLVM toolchain
- Insert code template in eclipse on mac os x (ctrl-space not working)
- Eclipse project not built on Mac due to 'A resource exists with a different case' error
- Install New Software on Eclipse not working on Mac
- Debugging Android NDK C/C++ code in Eclipse - breakpoints are not hit
- bindings not resolving with AST processing in eclipse
- SDK location not found. ANDROID_HOME - building a gradle project in eclipse on a MAC
- Android NDK in Eclipse Type size_t could not be resolved
- Why does the display in Eclipse not support recursive functions in Java?
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- NDK Debug for Nexus 9 arm64-v8a build not working for eclipse
- Eclipse not resolving javax.media.opengl.GL3 import
- Eclipse Declaration shortcut key F3 can not work in mac os
- Eclipse mac osx: Launch failed, binary not found
- Eclipse - cant add jar to build path. jar is inside the lib folder of project, but not visible
- Eclipse not opening jvm out of date mac
- maven.build.timestamp not resolving in maven eclipse build deployed to tomcat
- GUI not showing up with JavaFX 15 using Eclipse on Mac
- Eclipse on Mac dyld: Library not loaded: Image not found
- Android NDK location not valid in preferences on MAC
- C++ stoi not resolving using eclipse to compile
- Android Eclipse xml editor autocomplete on Mac OX not working
- Eclipse on MacOS: SWT lib code signature not valid for use in process using Library Validation
- Web project not running on server on Mac OS X in Eclipse Mars
- Eclipse not starting after migration to new mac
- Java 9 on Mac OS X Eclipse Neon Error "Target is not a JDK root. System library was not found."
- Eclipse Organize Imports shortcut not working on Mac
- Mac on Big Sur Eclipse problem with version.ini (Operation not permitted)
More Query from same tag
- Develop and Debug an Eclipse web app in ONE project
- Link to Facebook doesn't work
- In eclipse how can I uncomment blocks?
- Eclipse, TomCat6 Spring 2.0.6
- Show facebook , twitter and other installed apps in android share menu
- JavaFX/SWT WebView combine FX DND with SWT DND
- Eclipse imports inexplicably not resolved
- Missing required library in eclipse for non-required library
- How to change Default Values of Android XML using Eclipse
- SVNKit or JavaHL in Ubuntu 64 bits
- Android Eclipse: What's the easiest way to duplicate a class?
- Within Eclipse, Debug configurations for different groups in TestNG
- Issue with tracing signals in SystemC-AMS
- Exception occurred during code generation for the WSDL : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ws/commons/schema/utils/NamespacePrefixList
- Eclipse/Mac/Android: Deleting a project and recreating one with the same name
- LibGDX + Eclipse | Can't load in .tmx () file
- phpunit eclipse configuration for test suite. documentation?
- How do I modify the EL opening template in Eclipse?
- Maven for Eclipse plugin m2ecplise installation
- Maven Multi Module Project breaking compile-time class resolution
- Spring Boot application.properties value not populating and not reading
- Android Eclipse- Do I need a new Manifest file for each activity?
- Project Structure Change in Eclipse for JSP (Java Server Pages)
- Error while creating a new maven project
- Unresolved import in pydev
- Why eclipse reports casting error from float to double
- How to configure Apache JMeter in eclipse?
- Could not fetch model of type 'EclipseProject' using Gradle
- Hyperlink to Eclipse editor page
- How to retrieve data from database using webservices (JAX - RS) in eclipse using Java