you are missing an artefact in your maven repository.
how to verify:
if you will browse your repository you will find out that under .m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/2.4.1/ artefact will have lastupdated suffix - maven attempted to download this artefact but failed.
how to solve:
just add an appropriate artefact into your maven repository:) there are several ways how to do that but the simplest one will be dropping the folder with the missing artefact. add since you can build your project from the cmd just add missing artefact as a dependency into your project. build the project from the cmd.
add dependency is not working through eclipse ide(juno 4.2). fixed the issue by manually adding dependencies with the below command on command prompt
- go to the location where your pom.xml is located
- mvn install
- once you see status build success from now onwards we can proceed with ide.
clearly this is an issue of proxy. either use vpn or edit procy setting in setting.xml. i searched lot about this error. finally, i used vpn(virtual private network ) to disable the proxy and was able to use cetral repository of maven.
if you dont want to use vpn just change settings.xml host address with proxy address of ur company(which is available in ie->tools->connection->lan settings->advanced->http. )
this is a proxy problem:
- add your proxy config in your setting.xml
- remove .m2 folder from your home directory
- run any maven command in interactive mode from command line, for example try to create a project
generate -darchetypegroupid=org.apache.maven.archetypes -darchetypeartifactid=maven-archetype-webapp -dgroupid=com.mycompany.app -dartifactid=my-webapp
- that's all
i had the same problem. it was because i configured the repository in the
settings.xml of my maven installation. but this in not used by eclipse as it comes with its own maven implementation. you need to configure the repositories (mirror section) in the settings.xml in your profile (
furthermore i recommend to test the configuration etc. first with command line client of maven (maven 3.0.x) and not within eclipse.
the 1./4. shows that you have tried to download some artifact which has failed for whatever reasons. the simple solution for that is to delete the local repository and retry the build. but i recommend to do that first on command line to check if everything is fine.
the 2./3. are indications that the project you are trying to compile does not contain a correct plugin coverage for m2e which can be read in the docs how to solve that.
- m2eclipse will not download any dependencies
- Getting "The POM for <name> is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available" only in Eclipse
- m2eclipse does not show workspace project dependencies but shows transitive dependencies
- Maven not able to download dependencies using eclipse, proxy not working
- Eclipse reading StdIn(System.in) from console, but will not give any output
- Eclipse will not start after any changes
- Eclipse will not let me extend applet in my driver class so I can embed my program in HTML. Any solutions?
- Maven does not automatically download dependencies
- Eclipse maven project not recognising any of the dependencies
- The POM for jar is invalid, transitive dependencies will not be available
- The POM for com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-core:jar:2.2.11 is invalid,transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available
- Maven dependencies download only on command line and not in Eclipse
- Maven does not download dependencies from local repository
- Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved
- Eclipse will not start and I haven't changed anything
- Maven dependencies not visible in WEB-INF/lib
- Classpath entry org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER will not be exported
- Eclipse will not open due to environment variables
- How to reference javadocs to dependencies in Maven's eclipse plugin when javadoc not attached to dependency
- Eclipse not recognizing Gradle dependencies
- ADT will not allow creation of Android Activity
- m2eclipse not finding maven dependencies, artifacts not found
- Opening JSF Facelets page shows "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it."
- Maven not downloading dependencies in Eclipse
- Eclipse project-wide error: Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
- Can't start google web app in eclipse, Security restrictions will not be completely emulated
- ClassNotFoundException DispatcherServlet when launching Tomcat (Maven dependencies not copied to wtpwebapps)
- the project yyy does not have any gwt sdks on its build path
- .java not using the 2- or 3-argument View constructors; XML attributes will not work
- Eclipse WTP not publishing Maven dependencies
More Query from same tag
- How to add hibernate javadocs in Eclipse?
- how to convert unity engine converted android project into x86 format
- Create a Class That extends Java.util.ArrayList
- Execute code when Eclipse workbench loads
- Eclipse (Android) always puts intervals instead of tabs no matter the tab policy
- How do I import JavaFX into Eclipse?
- Creating a Web Application Project following Google App Engine tutorial
- How can I minimize the count of my identical xmls but can still function the way it supposed to be?
- Working with JFXtras-Agenda, how to add it to the fxml-File
- Show deprecated warnings for methods of same class
- Combine CPLEX and JAVA
- In Eclipse IDE how to disable the closing of an editor tab via plain right-click
- eclipse spring boot starter project gives errors
- Eclipse Java window opens when testing in eclipse, but not when exported
- Android Eclipse, two activities in two different tabs, keeps calling onCreate()!
- Craftbukkit Player Count Message Plugin Coding Error
- Unsupported major.minor version despite using correct Java version
- Why is Eclipse not showing me my sub folders?
- Problem with TeamCity plugin in Eclipse
- Android (Eclipse) cannot find google-play-services_lib.apk tried multiple solutions
- Error with no HashCode, Equals eclipse
- Post-compilation custom action over source code?
- How do i get the jar sign from java code
- JOGL in Eclipse for Mac
- How to associate an Eclipse sample Editor with a file in project explorer view
- How to set Eclipse compiler level to 1.1
- Strange behaviour extending abstract class (exercise)
- Eclipse 3.3 Europa JDT TextHover
- Static global variable cannot be resolved
- Configure WTP plugin to handle non-standard project structure