i think i got it right now. i just re-installed the patch from here and now
1.8 is shown as compiler level.
i think while the "about" dialog showed me that the patch was installed, it probably wasn't done properly, because it updated other plugins / the ide to sr2 at the same time.
anways, this is solved.
i had some problems getting java se 8 to work in eclipse too. i followed the instructions in the eclipse wiki for the eclipse kepler sr2 (4.3.2) version.
after that, i could choose version 1.8 instead of 1.7, which solved the problem. the instructions seem to link to the same patch you used, though, but maybe you missed something important.
- Java 8 and Eclipse on OS X Mavericks
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn't?
- What is the difference between Eclipse for Java (EE) Developers and Eclipse Classic?
- Eclipse Kepler for OS X Mavericks request Java SE 6
- Java - Build and run eclipse project from command line
- Eclipse Java error: This selection cannot be launched and there are no recent launches
- Difference between Java working set and Resource working set in Eclipse
- How to create an Intellij and Eclipse compatible code style and code formatting configuration (for java code)?
- Java Dynamic Web project with Maven and Eclipse
- What is the difference between Eclipse and Netbeans if I want to use only the Java in it?
- I updated java and eclipse does not work
- Simple program to call R from Java using Eclipse and Rserve
- How do I import a pre-existing Java project into Eclipse and get up and running?
- Kotlin And Java In The Same Project Using Eclipse IDE
- Mixing Scala and Java files in an Eclipse project
- Java and Eclipse - 32 vs. 64bit
- Is it possible to build a java project only once using eclipse and share?
- Creating a properties file in Java and eclipse
- Eclipse IDE for C/C++ and Java
- How to generate return value type and variable assignment in Eclipse java editor?
- Setting up Eclipse for Java and PHP
- Java RESTful Web Service Tutorial with Eclipse and Jetty
- How Do I Package and Deploy an Eclipse Java Application?
- How to use Eclipse for both Java and PHP?
- Clean and build an Eclipse java project with one click
- Error with parsing Android sdk content and initializing java tooling in eclipse
- How to use different line wrapping for strings and other items in Eclipse for Java
- Best way to debug Java web application packaged as a WAR using Eclipse and Maven?
- Setting different spaces for tab for Java and Scala in Eclipse
- Is it possible to use sysout without class and main method in Eclipse IDE using Java 9?
More Query from same tag
- debugging some opengles android game with eclipse encountered outofmemoryerror exception
- Renaming contents of text file using Regular Expressions
- Licenses TFS 2013 and Visual Studio/Eclipse
- Cannot find bean to autowire which is in maven dependencies in jar,
- Eclipse Luna + Jboss Tools = Heap space error while editing HTML or JS
- Sending mail in java eclipse not working
- Programatic generation of xml from a xsd that uses other xsds
- Problems with the Renderscript support library
- WEBPY / Serving static files : 'StaticApp Object has no attribute 'directory'
- I cannot run SDK manager
- Eclipse Package Explorer is always empty?
- (out of the blue) "not authorized" message when trying to do push/pull/fetch
- primefaces not working with eclipse indigo
- How to get rid of java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to locate the App Engine agent in Eclipse Helios?
- How it could be happen that "org.eclipse.core.runtime" is needed in MANIFEST.MF?
- How to configure Aptana RadRails plugin for Rails3
- Eclipse Juno and Maven plugin fails with project update
- Tabs in Android, how to create content
- online editor alike eclipse for sapui5/openui5?
- How to disable global(File-->Rename) menu in RCP application
- Problem in running eclipse 3.6 on ubuntu 10.04
- Eclipse display all items from SQLite DB
- "Cannot be resolved to a type" Error while compiling a Java project in Eclipse Indigo
- How to open the default browser from Eclipse user space on any platform?
- Install an android application through another application
- Eclipse null pointer exception when invoking JFace plugin
- Static Variable Unwanted
- How to create a custom procedure or something like that
- layout.xml text editor changes when clicked or highlighted in Eclipse android