yeah, i ran into this issue when started using sonarqube
there are two xml rules, one for formatter and one for source clean-up. you can import at eclipse and intellij idea (using a plugin)
it worked for me, as it reduced my issues at this 70k loc project :
+-----------------+--------+-------+ | | before | after | +-----------------+--------+-------+ | issues | 4.306 | 2.977 | | blocker issues | 0 | 0 | | critical issues | 257 | 257 | | major issues | 2.402 | 1.994 | | minor issues | 1.642 | 721 | | info issues | 5 | 5 | +-----------------+--------+-------+
blog post automating such task on eclipse here. it states a important caveat
not everything can be automated
please note that although a lot of coding standards can be applied retroactively and automatically, some violations cannot be automatically eradicated. nonetheless, checkstyle, eclipse and sonar can identify the problematic code and guide developers towards coding standard compliance.
yes, i'm aware you're using only checkstyle, but i'm sure it applies, since sonarqube uses checkstyle to raise it's issues.
i do not know of a way to do that using the cleanup feature, but eclipse-cs (the eclipse checkstyle plugin) offers eclipse quick fixes for many checkstyle findings. you can have it run all applicable by selecting apply checkstyle fixes from the right-click context menu.
screenshots here. hope this helps!
- Is there an Eclipse "Clean Up" profile that matches the Checkstyle format rules?
- Is there any way in Eclipse to format a code that contains divs in the way Netbeans do it?
- Did anyone create the Java Code Formatter Profile for Eclipse IDE that conforms to the Android Code Style Rules?
- How to avoid Eclipse importing a class when putting the class name in the comments, so that checkstyle does not complain later?
- Eclipse Console - what are the rules that make stack traces clickable?
- Is there a way to create a shortcut in Eclipse that would jump the cursor to the nth column in the current row?
- Is there an Eclipse plugin that can replace the use of external tools such as Putty and WinScp
- Is there a way to store the complete configuration of Eclipse so that no further config is necessary?
- Leading Question Mark causes Eclipse "No resource found that matches the given name" Error
- Is there a way in eclipse to select a region and shift the indentation level of all ines in that region
- Is there a plugin for Eclipse that allows two people to edit the same project at the same time?
- Is there any way to create a key binding in eclipse RCP that works regardless the focus?
- Eclipse codebase: is there a place that can intercept all the coloring data?
- Getting error "No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version')" in Android Eclipse
- Eclipse EMF - Is there a way to reference a class that is part of a model in a different eclipse plugin without having to store the tostring()?
- android eclipse error:Error: no resource found that matches the given name (at 'text' with value '@string/red')
- Is there a way to reset the perspective in Eclipse and avoid the dialog that confirms it?
- Plugin or tool for eclipse that can show the connectivity between tables in a graphical pic format
- How do I get Eclipse to see that there are new files in a git repository and add them to the project
- How to configure the Eclipse Checkstyle plugin to use the same rules used by the maven-checkstyle-plugin
- Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent' in Eclipse
- Eclipse error create android app:Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'
- Eclipse Android plugin issue "Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/AppTheme')"
- No resource found that matches the given name in eclipse
- Is there a plugin in netbeans or eclipse that can track the active code during project/application run?
- How do I configure the proxy settings so that Eclipse can download new plugins?
- Is there a shortcut in Eclipse to Re-run the most recently launched program?
- Is there a way to quickly capitalize the variable name in Eclipse
- Android xml error: "No resource found that matches the given name" with RelativeLayout (@id/LinearLayout_acc, @id/ProgressBar_statusScreen)
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse ADT 21 not including dependent project in android application
- Field not used warning in Eclipse
- How to enable Next/back button in wizard page in eclipse?
- Cannot build actionbarsherlock: BuildConfig cannot be resolved to a variable
- How can I add language setting entries to existing CDT eclipse projects?
- Flash Builder not showing members of XML or XMLList classes
- How to check if there are errors / warning in the IEditorPart
- No option for Dynamic web project in eclipse
- In Eclipse, in the package explorer, can I find files by name?
- How to change variable value for java.lang.Integer in eclipse debugging?
- Eclipse: Ctrl + Shift + ? hotkeys in Linux / KDE?
- java eclipse indigo problems executing executable jar (property file's in external folder in project)
- How to check out a specific version of Eclipse's built in plugin
- Show the "input-element" of an ITreeContentProvider in its TreeView
- Eclipse mars m2e & groovy eclipse compiler?: no source folders
- Eclipse can't generate getters and setters in a special case; Need help tracking the problem down
- From plug-in to Eclipse application (or product)
- How to store the scores in a txt-file ( Android)
- Cannot run as java application in Eclipse, even have correct main() class
- No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
- Breakpoints not working correct
- JDK required for Eclipse Oxygen 3
- Getting java.lang.ClassCastException error while running robolectric using ant build using eclipse
- Again! In Ubuntu 32 bit: Eclipse can't execute appt in Android sdk
- Android: Fast way to "test" app
- GIT - Ignore eclipse resources
- Glassfish starting with Eclipse always tells: "Wrong user name or password."
- How to install .jar files into Eclipse?
- Eclipse fails to launch (RSEUIStartup)
- Maven POM Error in Execution Section