try downloading the sdk again, (you dont gotta update it) and use a fresh version of eclipse. use your workspace, right click project, export, and choose export as gradle file under android. now in android studio, import project, then navigate to your old workspace and choose the projects main file from there. should work, if not double check your file and be sure it runs in eclipse. (if it is a complicated application i suppose it is also possible you ran into one of the bugs google warns you about.
edit: you choose the main source folder of your project not the build.gradle!
i had a similar problem with my android proyect, my problem began when i installed androidstudio and export my previous android eclipse proyect to get generated gradle file, but i still wanted to keep using eclipse. when i came back to eclipse, it has highlighted my code with the error "r cannot be resolved to a variable". to solve this issue i had to update the tool package, which contains three sub-items as you see in the image below.
you must be sure that all your tools have been updated.
if you have the latest sdk version then you just need to delete the
import android.r; and build the project again.
in reality you just need to delete the
import, and androidstudio will auto build, but it won't be automatic. of course, your res.xml still needs to be correct.
when i imported from eclipse, no res-folder was created. the drawable, layout, values and other folders normally reside in res with eclipse. but upon importing, they ended up in src/main/java. so i right-clicked on folder main and made a folder named res in it. then i refactor->move-d the the folders that should be in res from the java folder. then i clicked on the floppydisk saveall icon. then i opened the myproject-myproject.iml-file (right below the src-folder) and deleted the line
<option name="res_folders_relative_path" value="" />
upon saving the edited file, the project wants to reload. after this, i can "make" without errors it seems.
first make sure that your gradle build passes.
or with a little bit help in eclipse using http://www.nodeclipse.org/projects/gradle/ gradle for eclipse plugin.
i faced that problem too, do the following things,
- do update your adt to r22,
- get update of r22 in adt,
- close your project from file-close project
- exit from studio,
- launch studio again,
- select your project from recent projects which are displayed in left panel of home
- Importing project from eclipse to android studio (unresolved resources)
- Errors when importing a project from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Importing project from Eclipse to Android Studio - Dependencies
- importing library project + different projects into Android Studio from Eclipse
- Importing error from eclipse to android studio
- Importing Android Project from Eclipse into Android Studio
- Error Occurred while importing android project from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Android Studio importing a project from eclipse to Android studio
- Problems importing project from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Error importing from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Importing code from eclipse to android studio giving error
- Troubles importing project into Android Studio from Eclipse
- Import key store from eclipse to android studio
- How to import eclipse library project from github to android studio project?
- Migrating from eclipse + SVN to Android Studio
- Invalid item in the dependencies list after importing Android project from Eclipse
- Exception trying to execute Android App from Eclipse To Android Studio
- Importing an app-compat v7 library eclipse project to android studio
- Error on importing an Eclipse project into Android Studio
- Error while porting app from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Android Studio - migrating projects from eclipse
- Eclipse changes project's Android SDK when importing from existing source
- Problems keeping Git history after migrating from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Migrating from Eclipse to Android Studio Error Content is not allowed in prolog
- Import all settings from Eclipse to Android Studio
- Import from Eclipse to Android Studio not working
- "Gradle location is incorrect" when migrating android project from eclipse to android studio
- Importing from eclipse to android studio?
- Importing Eclipse project with 2 libraries to Android Studio
- Android studio Gradle build import from eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Any Eclipse plugin to view Assembly Code (not bytecode) for java files?
- How to create Scala project in proper way?
- Setting up Servlet / JSP jars in pom.xml for Tomcat 7
- My puzzle about JDBC4.0 new feature: No suitable driver found
- How to fix the error org.testng.eclipse.maven.MavenTestNGLaunchConfigurationProvider.getClasspath(Lorg/eclipse/debug/core/ILaunchConfiguration;)
- not able to connect bluetooth devices
- Cursor changed to crosshair
- Programmatically refreshing a file in an eclipse Java application
- Eclipse android emulator debugging
- What is the Java equivalent of PHP's print_r function?
- Add list type to association
- Any way to use decimal font size in Eclipse for Java text editors?
- Vaadin compile google maps addon with maven
- Google App Engine Java Can't Run Application HTTP 500
- How can I avoid name collisions when organizing imports or during autocomplete?
- Eclipse Git: Can't add folder to index
- Where does Eclipse deploy web applications using WTP?
- Eclipse: function 'to_string' could not be resolved
- Error of running an executable file from Python subprosess
- Why does Eclipse want incoming network connections (using OS X)?
- toString() unavailable error in Eclipse debugger
- Eclipse Helios Integration of Maven 2 and Web Projects
- Rest Web services returning a 404
- Where specify NDK in July 2, 2014 ADT eclipse?
- android.os.Bundle cannot be resolved in libgdx Android project
- eclipse autocomplete iterator for C++
- Adding behavior to EMF models
- eclipse servlet problem
- Eclipse custom perspective changed approach Kepler to Mars
- packages and classes not found by eclipse