well , have a glance of this to update the eclipse to 3.6
or change the manifest file code as.
use an unoffical build, i recommend to head over to xda developers.
here's a link to your phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628
xda developers have alot of information how to flash your device to a newer android version.
api level 11 is honeycomb (3.0) or later. as that is for tablets, you will need an ics (android 4.0) capable phone to test your code on a live device. as ics is not available for the desire officially, your best bet is to either buy a new phone or try to install cyanogenmod 9, which is an aftermarket firmware based on ics.
alternatively there is a library called support library from google that allows some post-11 api functions (like
fragments) to be used on older phones. for that you need to decrease the minimumversion, and install the support library. check it's docuimetnation whether it is good for you.
or if you don't want to test it on a live device, then simply use the emulator, as it can emulate all kind of phones, up to android 4.2 (as of writing this post)
use the emulator to run a virtual android device running 11+ - this is the preferred solution providing you can do everything you want against the avd and don't need things like multi-touch or bluetooth
change back to min version 8 and find another way to accomplish what you want. this isn't a great solution but sometimes you just have to live with the older code base.
root your desire and install a custom rom of the desired level. i've done this on my desire and it's not hard but runs the risk of ruining your device. not really the best reason to root and mod your phone.
since support library was also mentioned, i would like to add documentation to how to be backwards compatible
basically you just need to have target sdk version at the level you want to use apis from and minimum sdk version at whatever you want to support, however you'll need to provide alternate implementation(s) for older platforms or use the support library if it provides the apis you want (most of the time it does)
its very simple dear. your application supports api 11(honey comb) and your phone's version is 8(froyo). so you have to upgrade your phone to api 11(honey comb).
make your application version to api 8(froyo). but some new classes supported by api 11 is not available in it.
i give you one test thing just try this but not sure for the it will work or not(its a trick).
goto "project property" file and replace target api 8 to just api 11.
- I can't run my application since my htc desire device is api level 8 (Android 2.2) what can i do?
- Android & Eclipse: Changing application API level
- Record screen using android studio 0.8.x from a device below API Level 19(4.4)?
- Installed Eclipse Android SDK Package (Latest Version: API Level 20), can't run programs that was woking before
- Can i run my android application on android API 14 if my target sdk is set to android 2.2(froyo)?
- Why "Buttons in button bars should be borderless" in Android API Level 15?
- Can you change min. API level for your Android app in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Android Change API Level
- Android Emulator won't run application started from eclipse
- How to run app on Android Device using Eclipse?
- Android Studio - Run application without launcher activity
- android - Call requires API level 9 (current min is 8): android.os.StrictMode#setThreadPolicy
- Application does not specify API level
- ERROR: Application requires API version 14. Device API version is 13 (Android 3.2.1)
- how to resolve "WARNING: Application does not specify an API level requirement"?
- Android 4.4 ( KITKAT ) API LEVEL 19 is not listed in Android SDK Manager
- How to fix "Call requires API level 11" with Android Activity?
- How to Avoid Launching the Android Application Twice ,Running from Eclipse to real device
- Inside Eclipse Android project run Java classes with main(String args) as Java Application causes "Invalid layout of java.lang.String at value"
- Android: how to know what is the minimum required API to run my Android app?
- How to run Android application on Bluestack app player using Eclipse?
- Google map android api v2 application crashes
- Why some Android code works on previous API level than it should?
- Alternative to having to select device every time I run an Android application?
- Eclipse libGDX can't run as Android Application
- Dx Warning when run my android application
- Invoke "Maven Project Builder" in Eclipse on Run As -> Android Application (or manually)
- Android application using libgdx crashes since update to ADT 17
- Eclipse: keep getting "ERROR: Application requires API version 15. Device API version is 14 (Android 4.0.2)."
- Android Application Installed but won't open on device
More Query from same tag
- How to get Proguard to overwrite the original jar with the optimized one?
- spring mvc with angular 2 not working on eclipse, data is not getting loaded
- How Eclipse work with and without JDK?
- import library to eclipse
- How to debug GWT client code in JBoss?
- How to view issues after 100 for Major(100 of 973) in Sonar Qube Integrated with Eclipse?
- How to resolve Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 error when trying to run Maven project Java
- Myeclipse is throwing some error when i debug server
- Importing a Maven project with custom pom name in Eclipse
- no google play service library in sdk manager/eclipse
- generating java entities from MySQL tables
- Eclipse CDT: multiple C++ files in single project
- How can I export the libs of a project in the jar?
- Run remote debugger with ant script under Eclipse?
- JavaFX add objects in TilePane horizontally (TilePane inside a ScrollPane)
- Disable TeXlipse automatic build but keep building the rest of the project
- some problems with my eclipse when create an new project from existing android code
- How to Convert ImageView to File imageFile
- Eclipse treating file as plain text
- Ant script to choose between multiple version of classpaths
- Android ADT Eclipse plugin, parseSDKContent failed
- Android app crashing immediately upon opening
- Issue with Proguard
- How do I toggle the menu button icon and tooltip text for an Eclipse plugin?
- Compile Flags for Eclipse/Android development
- "SVN Repositories" always comes up blank when you switch workspaces Is there a plugin to get Eclipse to remember them?
- Eclipse: could not construct GCS client
- ClassNotFoundException for a test class in Eclipse maven project
- XSLT 2.0 in Eclipse without additional library?
- error exporting signed apk - Dalvik format failed with error 1