of course you can run perf(1) in a terminal.
it looks like eclipse is mostly an annoyance to you. then why do you use it? a lot of c++ software is developed without eclipse. most of the c++ free software developers i met don't use eclipse, and i never used it for c++ code; i am very happy with emacs.
the problem is solved. it was perf was not installed in my system. i m using linux operating system. once it was installed i was able to resolve this issue. thanks everyone for their valuable time.
perf in a terminal and see the error prompt. it should advice you to install a specific version of linux-tools, for instance
linux-tools-3.2-75 where “3.2-75” is the version number of your kernel. it solved the problem for me.
moreover, on ubuntu 14.04,
linux-tools-generic-lts-trusty should do the job.
- How to use Eclipse CDT/C++ for profiling
- Eclipse CDT - how to use an argfile for the linker for a too long command line
- How to convert an Eclipse Android project to use Ant for build?
- how do I get eclipse to use a different compiler version for Java?
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- How to use Eclipse for Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- How do I use the Eclipse debugger in an AsyncTask when developing for Android?
- How to use libraries for Algorithms part I Coursera course in Eclipse
- How to use eclox, the doxygen plugin for Eclipse
- How to get rid of the warning: Use '$' instead of '.' for inner classes in Eclipse
- How to use eclipse for C# development?
- How do I use GDB in Eclipse for C/C++ Debugging?
- How to use Eclipse for both Java and PHP?
- How to use different line wrapping for strings and other items in Eclipse for Java
- how to use appcfg.py for google-app-engine projects created using google's eclipse plugin?
- How to use Linked Files in Eclipse for PhoneGap project with Android
- How to use variables for classpath definition in Eclipse launch configurations?
- How to use external diff viewers in eclipse? Is there any diff viewer available for eclipse inbuilt?
- How to use the eclipse launch configuration string prompt for two values?
- How to use relative paths for projects added to an Eclipse workspace?
- How to use xdebug with eclipse IDE for PHP
- How do I programmatically change the Eclipse CDT tool settings for a file?
- How to use an existing Project as a template for a new one with Eclipse (CDT)?
- How to use Eclipse for remote debugging of a Google App Engine (GAE) application
- How do I use Eclipse for Scheme development?
- How can I set up Eclipse to use ssh-agent for cvs?
- How to use Eclipse Memory Analyser Tool (MAT) for analysing a hashmap
- How to use external libraries in the Eclipse (Java) and Processing for Arduino
- How do I use Glass fish server with eclipse luna for Java EE?
- How can I convince Eclipse CDT that a macro is defined for source code editing and code completion?
More Query from same tag
- Most effective way to go from Eclipse Project to Hudson Build
- Eclipse Classic: Properties View Not Correctly Updating on UI Element Click
- How to deploy "ear" project from Eclipse or JBoss Studio to JBoss or Wildfly app server
- GlassFish 4.0 CDI deployment failure + Apache Spark
- Why do I have to "Build-All" in Eclipse for my C++ program to run?
- Java Compilation Output in Eclipse
- An occasional error with BufferedReader in Java
- Device debugging Defy Eclipse Windows 7 64 bit
- Tomcat - maven - how to add the static pages to the WAR file?
- Eclipse inspection (Ctrl + Shift + I) equivalent in IntelliJ IDEA (Community Edition)
- Installing GLFW from source on Windows
- Can I pass an array of arrays of String (String) to a function in Java?
- enabling https in eclipse tomcat server not allowing calls to port 8080
- Run a Python project in Eclipse as root
- Force repaint from another class - Swing
- Executing headless eclipse in command line
- Running jersey 2 server using jetty 9
- The given name of the entity "ClassName" is empty
- .Jar File Has Compile Errors When Decompiled But Works Properly
- Eclipse Google Cloud plugin Unable to start DevAppServer: InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make static java.net.URLStreamHandler
- IBM Worklight - How does Worklight detect the project version?
- Splashscreen ProgressBar in Eclipse RCP has "dirty" corners
- Using buttons to switch views with Android SDK
- I am having trouble defining my constructor class
- c++ project is build successfully but gives g++ compiler error message
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError while executing in spring
- APK does not install on device
- Python Unit Testing in Eclipse only runs one function
- Eclipse hotkey that word wraps all my code?