i don't think there is a straight forward way. you need to use timers and animate the gif yourself. eclipse platform itself does that in few places (eg: the browser view animation when page is loading)
the imagedescriptor can accept an url as input param:
imagedescriptor id = activator.getimagedescriptor("/icons/yourgif.gif");
hope it works :-)
- How to use an animated GIF in Eclipse RCP ImageDescriptor
- How to use separate databases for production and testing in an eclipse RCP app
- How do I setup an Eclipse RCP plugin to use JOGL?
- How to use mylyn notifications extensions in Eclipse RCP Application?
- How to use console view in Eclipse RCP Application
- How to use org.eclipse.core.runtime.QualifiedName.QualifiedName(String qualifier, String localName) in eclipse RCP
- How do I change Eclipse to use spaces instead of tabs?
- Eclipse says: “Workspace in use or cannot be created, chose a different one.” How do I unlock a workspace?
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn't?
- How to configure Eclipse build path to use Maven dependencies?
- How to update Pandas from Anaconda and is it possible to use eclipse with this last
- How to convert an Eclipse Android project to use Ant for build?
- How do you make eclipse use an existing svn working copy?
- How to use breakpoints in Eclipse
- How to have Eclipse use JDK8 to compile a project?
- how do I get eclipse to use a different compiler version for Java?
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- How to use the GDB console in Eclipse CDT?
- How do you configure GCC in Eclipse to use C99?
- How to use SonarLint in Eclipse
- How can I get Eclipse 2018.09 to use the JUnit 4 test runner by default?
- How to use Eclipse for Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- How to use Eclipse UML Generators plugin
- How do I use the Eclipse debugger in an AsyncTask when developing for Android?
- How to use libraries for Algorithms part I Coursera course in Eclipse
- How to use the "sysout" snippet in Eclipse with selected text?
- How to use eclox, the doxygen plugin for Eclipse
- How can I use the java Eclipse Abstract Syntax Tree in a project outside Eclipse? (ie not an eclipse plugin)
- How to get rid of the warning: Use '$' instead of '.' for inner classes in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Could not open the editor: Editor could not be initialized
- Can't dispatch DDM chunk 46454154: no handler defined - Eclipse - Android SDK
- Eclipse/Ant md5 do not match any other md5
- View Gradle dependency tree in Eclipse
- How to set the title of wizard window in Eclipse RCP 3.x?
- What is missing in the following steps to test db connection from eclipse using tomcat and java ?am getting 404 error
- Eclipse create git repository failure
- Change JDK Path in eclipse
- Android ADT version 22, R.java files not generated
- .ant-targets-build.xml puts eclipse project into error
- How to make a library replaceable in java?
- Automatically remove explicit package declarations with import statements in Java
- eclipse CDT: rebuilding a dependent project
- Why is (my) Java 25x times faster than C++?
- How to make properties read-only basing on runtime information in EEF wizards
- javac not recognized in cmd
- How to find "public static void main" or the start of a program?
- Error resolving all javafx imports
- Adding a dictionary to Eclipse for spell checking other than the english one
- OpenMP for C in eclipse IDE in Ubuntu/linux
- locate Eclipse's Preferences menu item programmatically in OS X
- Eclipse does not seem to recognize Native Android code
- Why are some jars not added to .classpath file in eclipse by maven?
- Android Debug Bridge and Samsung Captivate
- STS/Eclipse egit started failing after update
- Bouncing sprite off walls when sprite is rotating with accelerometer
- Unicode support in Eclipse GGTS IDE editor (how to input unicode math symbols)
- How do I compile a Haxe program with Eclipse?
- m2eclipse can't resolve archetypes from nexus
- How can I connect to a SFTP server using the "Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime" Eclipse plugin and a .pem private key?