the problem is that when you delete a project maybe sts only close it. try view menu --> uncheck closed projects now you will see all closed project, simply delete it.
make sure it is really not in workspace, also if there aren't any other projects with the same name. if not, just delete the
.metadata folder or create a new workspace.
check if you still have the project in folder of the workspace on disk. you may have deleted in sts, without checking 'delete on disk'. so, the project may be still there in the workspace folder though its deleted in sts.
i get this issue from time to time. usually i just open a new workspace but sounds like you don't want to loose other projects.
i simply open the.project file in my project and change the name of the project in name tag.
probably whey you 'accidentally deleted' your project, you only deleted it from the eclipse workspace, but not from the actual workspace folder on your hard-drive (as other people pointed out, eclipse can arbitrarily map workspace projects to files on disk, so it is possible for a project to be 'deleted' from your eclipse workspace but still exist on disk.
the good news is the files you deleted are actually still there.
instead of importing your project from a zip, you may just want to import those files from the workspace folder back into your eclipse workspace.
generally this kind of problems not occurred you can go to project option and clean and than restart sts. may be sts is not synched with the latest configured project.
when you launch spring tools suite, it will ask you to select directory as workspace as below:
if the directory you selected here (i.e., workspace directory) is the same as the directory where the project that you are going to import resides, then you will get some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace.
therefore, to solve the issue,
- close spring tool suite
- create a new directory
- launch spring tool suite again
- and, select that as your workspace
- launch the application and you would be able to import as you mentioned in your question
it solved my problem. hope it helps..
the workspace in sts/eclipse is not automatically the same as the file structure that you have on disc in your workspace directory. you can have projects in this workspace folder or somewhere else on disc.
to get them into your project explorer (and access them from inside sts/eclipse), you need to import them (import existing projects into workspace). then you can select the folder where those projects are located in. in case you have those projects already in your workspace folder on disc, you can choose the workspace folder as root folder in the wizard. it will show all the projects that exist on disc in that folder and grey those out that are already imported/referenced in your workspace in eclipse.
- How to import a spring project in STS
- How to import gradle project into STS 3.7.2
- How can I import external *.jar in spring mvc project using maven?
- How to import existing Android project into Eclipse?
- How do you import an Eclipse project into Android Studio now?
- How do you create a Spring MVC project in Eclipse?
- How to import Android Studio project in Eclipse?
- How to import a GIT non-Eclipse Java project into Eclipse?
- How do I import a pre-existing python project into Eclipse?
- How to import C makefile project into eclipse or put in under eclipse
- How can I create Spring web project with Maven in Eclipse?
- How do I import a pre-existing Java project into Eclipse and get up and running?
- How to import a Java project to Eclipse?
- How to import eclipse library project from github to android studio project?
- How can I import NetBeans project to Eclipse and vise versa?
- How to import a java project missing .project .settings .classpath files into eclipse
- how to import correctly the commons.apache.math libraries for my own project
- How to import the Spring Framework sourcecode into an eclipse project?
- How to import a Jdeveloper java project in eclipse?
- How to open multiple Spring STS instances on mac
- How to import android studio project in eclipse which use library?
- How do I create a Spring Boot Starter Project in Eclipse that is properly configured with a Run Configuration?
- How to import .dll to Android java project (working with eclipse)
- How do I run an imported Spring project in IntelliJ
- How can I import eclipse JDT classes in a project
- How to import one Eclipse project as a library into another?
- How do I use an existing Spring 3.0.5 project in STS?
- Spring boot how to make project run on server in eclipse
- How to open Spring Boot sample in Eclipse STS
- How to import a GitHub hosted project as a Java Project in Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse menu bar won't show - Ubuntu 16.04 - Eclipse Mars
- Error "Server failed to start" while running JBoss 7.1 in Eclipse IDE
- the zipalign tool was not found in the sdk
- Making one project's jars available to another dependent project
- Unable to load picture from resource
- Play Framework: How to access again my submitted form during bad request, my code can't access the list again
- Modify/view static variables while debugging in Eclipse
- "Run" menu is placed before other menus in an Eclipse RCP IDE project
- How can I split the LogCat for 2 devices on eclipse?
- Synchronize Eclipse workspace automatically?
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) vs NetBeans - IDE for Java Web Development
- Eclipse ADT + JDT Plugin Issue
- Eclipse CDT not building project on header file change
- XDebugging PHPUnit testcases in Eclipse PDT
- Eclipse debug settings
- c++ cygwin and eclipse - binary not found error
- Changing a variable value inside a void method to be used outside in Java?
- eclipse plugin does not work after update to juno (eclipse 4)
- Jboss 7.X application server on mac?
- Can't run app from Eclipse in my htc device
- java.lang.AbstractMethodError - while using ANT Built jar
- Eclipse does not generate New Activity after I download the latest SDK
- Converting int to arr. Keep getting error Exception in thread "main" java.util.InputMismatchException
- Clicking on input box moves a div
- Eclipse: How to ensure jar in plugin is given priority over other versions elsewhere?
- Where's the native executable in my application?
- Change two childs from Java code
- NoClassDef error with restlet/gwt
- Why is Install/Update "hidden" in Help menu in Eclipse?
- Calling multiple activities in android eclipse