finally i got rid of the dashboard slowing down eclipse start up by updating sts to version 3.6.3. now when i close it it remains closed next start. but it is not acceptable answer for me because this issue appears often with sts update so i still would like to know some better way.
the problem you are having is a bug [*] in sts 3.6.2 and, as you noticed, it has been fixed in 3.6.3.
there used to be an option to "open the dashboard on startup" which you could disable in the preferences page as some people have suggested above. in 3.6.2 this option is automatically disabled when you close the dashboard, and in keeping with that, the option has been removed from the preference page (since there would be no reason to disable it there as it happens automatically now). the option still exists under the hood but without preference page ui to change it.
unfortunately there was a bug in the 'disable when closing' functionality which meant it only got disabled if you are using the 'new style' dashboard and not the old style one (i guess this must be the case for you).
... i still would like to know some better way.
if you are not happy with simply closing the dashboard once (in sts 3.6.3 or later) then, depending on how you install sts you can opt-out of installing the dashboard.
the easiest way is if you install sts via eclipse marketplace. here's a sequence of steps i just tested to work:
download eclipse 4.4.2 distribution (i used eclipse for java ee, but probably other ones should work as well)
open marketplace client (help >> eclipse marketplace).
search for "spring"
click the "install" button on the first "spring tool suite" entry
a dialog should popup allowing you to select the features you want. unselect the entry "spring dashboard (optional)".
then proceed to install the rest.
you should now have an sts installation with everything in it as 'normal', except the dashboard.
- How can I disable Spring Tool Suite 3.6.2 dashboard in Eclipse Luna?
- Can we use different JDK's for Spring tool Suite based on eclipse and eclipse luna
- Can not install Spring Tool Suite under Eclipse Juno
- How to get Spring Explorer view in Eclipse 2018-12 with Spring Tool Suite 4 installed?
- SpringBoot via Spring Tool Suite in Eclipse Luna builds not working project
- Couldn't install Spring Tool Suite could not be installed for eclipse Luna
- In Spring Tool Suite how can I create another scheme for my own key bindings
- Can I have Spring Tool Suite and Eclipse at the same time ?
- Why is SpringSource Tool Suite (STS) so slow? And how can I fix it?
- How can I disable the eclipse server startup timeout?
- What is the difference between Eclipse with Spring IDE plugin and Spring Tool Suite alone?
- How can I disable compiler warnings in Eclipse on a file specific basis?
- How can I disable "Initialize Java Tooling" on Eclipse startup?
- How can I upgrade Eclipse Luna to Mars from Eclipse?
- How to change order of source folders in Eclipse / SpringSource Tool Suite
- Eclipse Spring Tool Suite add dependencies using GUI after project creation
- How can I disable `Unknown property: ` error in eclipse while writing JavaFx css
- How can I properly configure my Eclipse Luna dark theme?
- Spring Tool Suite (STS) - Can not import using Gradle (Buildship)
- Eclipse creates fragment layout automatically, how can i disable it
- How can I disable HTML validation for PHP files in Eclipse Juno 4.2.1?
- Checkstyle plugin for Spring Tool Suite appears installed but I can not access it
- Where can I get the update site for Spring tool suite
- How can one disable the XML editor in Eclipse for .xsd and related files?
- Unable to Install Spring Tools 4 (Spring Tool Suite 4) on Eclipse Photon - Not Compatible
- How can we automatically disable an Eclipse plug-in on target platforms?
- How can I use Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool to dump the heap from a running process?
- Spring Tool Suite Dashboard error
- Why is my font not displaying correctly for Spring Tool Suite Dashboard on MacOS?
- How can I disable Quick Access TextField in Eclipse RCP Application
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse and subversion/git - which files to keep
- Positon of element - GridPane in JavaFX
- ActionScript - Eclipse/FlashBuilder: How do I change the color of/prevent the selection of matching selected text?
- Mingw and Eclipse unable to find library - 2
- Commit a *.o file is not possible
- No completion available in Eclipse
- Is it possible to attach a debugging session to a running program in eclipse CDT
- How to debug Android project
- App Stopped Working After Clicking A Button
- Powermock mockstatic Cannot subclass final class
- How to execute or implement batch file in java project with eclipse
- Installing kivy with pydev on a mac
- Run another app, if fails open Google Play
- Setting up M2_REPO classpath
- Eclipse - My Own Classes in the Imports?
- Custom Lift tags don't work
- Which Eclipse package to install for Java/Python?
- Eclipse New Project (From Sample) Defaults to Errors
- team synchronize perspective in eclipse has no context menu on right click
- My console is flashing - Java - Eclipse
- -Xmx2048m is ignored by eclipse.ini
- Selenium RC launches Firefox5 and IE8 browser but does not go to the specified url
- Comparing an int to its old value in Java
- Cannot open Eclipse workspace because of .lock
- Is there an RTF display widget in SWT
- How to enable and disable items in the menu contribution?
- Eclipse Not recognizing Environment Variable (Mac OS Lion, Eclipse Juno 64-BIT)
- spring mvc project not working from eclipse
- An advice in approaching zipinputstream files
- Eclipse - duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64