although you might want to try our first with the eclipse plugin, maven is the way to go in the long run because :
it is designed to enable collaboration between developers, ensuring everyone uses the same libraries and the same build process
it works with any serious java idea, not only eclipse. if you or the people you work with use intellij, netbeans or anything else maven will help harmonize everything
it allows you to do continuous integration . especially since now this comes bundled with app engine via push-to-deploy. push-to-deploy is great because it allows you to do debugging in production from the admin console. but you need to use maven for it to work.
in conclusion, use the eclipse plugin for your first quick-and-dirty tutorial or test project. but then learn maven to make a real project.
- Can i use the google app engine eclipse plugin with a maven gae project?
- Google Plugin not working for App Engine project - Eclipse Indigo - WindowsXP
- Creating a new project in Eclipse using Maven as build tool for Google App Engine project
- Google App Engine Eclipse Plugin Sign in: I got a white screen
- Google app engine: maven or eclipse google plugin
- Connect Google App Engine Eclipse Plugin to Cloud SQL
- Issue with downloading and installing Google App Engine plugin for Eclipse
- Google App Engine - Maven plugin not found
- Eclipse 3.5 Missing New Web Application option after installing Google App Engine plugin
- Maven Google App Engine plugin + Spring
- offline installing google app engine plugin in eclipse
- Error installing Google App Engine Plugin Eclipse Indigo
- Error installing the Google App Engine Eclipse plugin
- Google App Engine Eclipse plugin - all the console output in red
- Google App Engine servlet throws java.security.AccessControlException using Eclipse plugin
- Create Google App Engine Project in Eclipse with Modules
- Pydev 3.0 + Eclipse + Google App Engine Debugging not working
- Google Deploy to App Engine disabled in Eclipse
- Can Google App Engine Modules share source code just like Maven Modules?
- How to use Eclipse for remote debugging of a Google App Engine (GAE) application
- changing the address port of Google App Engine - Eclipse
- Eclipse(Indigo) launch failed after google app engine plugin install
- Profiling Google App Engine Project With Eclipse TPTP?
- IntelliJ debugger not hitting breakpoints in a Maven Java Google App Engine project (Eclipse works)
- Importing Google App Engine App (Java) to Eclipse
- Mac OS-X Eclipse with Google App Engine setup: JDK version error when launching Eclipse
- Google App Engine, Maven and Eclipse development setup
- How to setup a Java Eclipse (Juno) dynamic web project with Maven for App Engine
- Preferences -> Google -> App Engine keeps returning to original config + plugin execution problems
- error running builder in GaeNature, Google App Engine in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Android Emulator: select AVD (Android Virtual Device) to run by default
- Java / Eclipse - Determine possible Exceptions without forcing them?
- Migrate GWT 2.0.4 Project to GWT 2.1.0
- Eclipse: File matching strategy being called on single click of any view
- Eclipse doesn't report errors until runtime
- What is the meaning of colored lines in commit graphs drawn by Eclipse?
- Eclipse wrongly formats a Spring p-namespace bean
- Import custom cordova plugin into IBM Mobile First version 7.1 using Eclipse
- How do I manually add a project to the build path of another project?
- Eclipse Tomcat loading old data
- Is that possible to use Eclipse Java SE version to package a resource folder into a .war?
- Can't see plugin in target platform to set as Eclipse plugin dependency
- Why does ADT let's me export once. 2nd Export it crashes OSX 10.6
- How to optimize Eclipse?
- Cannot select EAR 5.0 Server Runtime in Websphere Application Server 6.1
- Eclipse - Running an Android app that runs on other machines' Eclipses, won't run in my Eclipse
- installing android ADT with eclipse
- Turn off indent eclipse C/C++
- Removing items in a container
- Eclipse Editor font became unreadable small
- Enable IndentGuide Eclipse plugin in java files
- Toolchain ARM Cortex M4
- Select function with Map_only Hadoop on java
- Build all using maven pom
- Android stop waiting for debugger
- Android AVD not linking or diplaying app
- Why is eclipse installing everything on my C drive?
- Tomcat 7 Start up problem in Eclispse for maven project
- Installing Liferay IDE in Eclipse with Oracle Enterprise Pack
- Cannot run program "adb": error=2, No such file or directory while executing through eclipse