these heapdumps were taken due to out of memory issues in jboss, where automatic heaps were taken. i used jmap to take one, and it opened fine. i'm thinking the heap dump was corrupted for some reason.
i suspect your heap dump file is corrupted. how did you capture the heap dump file? this article outlines several different options to capture heap dumps. 'jmap' tool that is present in jdk is a great tool to capture heap dumps. you can invoke it by passing following command:
jmap -dump:format=b,file=<heap-dump-file-path> <process-id>
heap-dump-file-path: is the file path where heap dump will be written in to.
process-id: is the java process id, whose heap dump should be captured
jmap -dump:format=b,file=/opt/tmp/heapdump.bin 37320
- Error Opening heap dump
- error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
- Error opening scene builder
- Error opening Maven POM file dependency hierarchy in Eclipse - "Project read error"
- Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : C:\Program
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes".Java heap space during eclipse start up?
- How to convert a heap dump in android to eclipse format
- Java heap dump and the heap size after the heap analysis differs
- Error opening Debug in Preferences in Eclipse
- Error message displayed when opening Eclipse: "An error has occurred. See the log file null"
- Error while opening the Eclipse Android Layout Editor
- get static fields of a class in a heap dump in OQL
- Tools for querying collections in heap dump
- Memory Analyzer (MAT) plugin not opening heap prof in MAT Eclipse 4.1.2 automatically
- Eclipse error alert on opening Graphics Layout
- Can't solve "Java heap space" error in eclipse
- Error -3 opening ST-Link/V2 device
- Location of Java dump heap file when using jconsole?
- Eclipse MAT Parsing 11GB Heap dump - Out Of Memory. Unable to parse the heap dump
- Error occured during initialization of VM, Could not reserve enough space for object heap - Spring Tool Suite?
- error while opening eclipse
- Error in eclipse juno upon opening
- memory analysis from eclipse ide does not list any local process id when acquire heap dump dialog is clicked
- Maven project with PI4J library - error in opening zip file
- JMAP dump size is 4.5 GB. Eclipse MAT is showing total heap of 415 MB, how do i analyze the remaining dump?
- Eclipse - Java Heap error while in interface
- Getting error on opening excel file from eclipse
- Error when opening eclipse with Spring Tools Suite
- android eclipse unable to execute dex java heap space error
- How can I use Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool to dump the heap from a running process?
More Query from same tag
- Maven generate-sources
- ant command works from within Eclipse but not from linux command line
- arrays of references throwing errors related to scanner
- Eclipse TFS plugin - how to tell it a file was moved?
- Pydev debugger: Unable to find module to reload
- Resize and positioning images for android that works on all devices
- removing java.endorsed.dirs from Tomcat on Eclipse with Java 9 and Java 10
- What is the advantage of using ctrl-shift-t instead of ctrl-shift-r in Eclipse?
- Howto configure tomcat logging in IDE in a short style
- Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT when using GSON
- Common Eclipse 4 Plugins in Eclipse 4 RCP Application
- Eclipse wants a semicolon where one already exists
- Application not loading on Tomcat 7 server
- Debugging HTC Desire HD through adb on MacBook Pro
- Getting "Access restriction error" when using Swing utilities in Eclipse
- eclipse shortcut assign new object to existing variable
- ClearCase and Eclipse: How to hide/ignore files?
- Eclipse feature, force a plugin version
- What's the relationship between the two MercurialEclipse plugin sites?
- GEF java draw2d Layout that adjusts to the width of the container so that it spans over more lines
- Cannot create Class of type "JSF Managed Bean" in Eclipse. JavaServer Faces category Missing
- How can you import M2E Maven projects into Eclipse from the command line?
- Android eclipse - android.jar duplicated in libs folder and Referenced Libraries
- Some SBT dependencies are ignored
- Getting `NoClassDefFoundError` for classes `FutureCallback` and `LazyList` using Jetty Maven plugin 9.4.32.v20200930 on Java 11
- android source not matching jar, in eclipse
- Folders showing up as packages in Eclipse
- Problems with Eclipse and Google Drive
- including source files in runnable jar file
- Error in loading JNI library after sudo authentication in eclipse in linux