maybe you should advise developers to create feature-branches not from the remote-tracking branch (e.g. origin/master), but from the local one (master). this way, egit will not set up any remote tracking by default.
if you then decide to publish the branch for the first time, it should be possible to set up the remote tracking (the equivalent of git push --set-upstream) after bug 378960 is implemented.
egit will, by default, take the upstream branch for the merge parameter when creating a branch from a remote one.
that means, if you want to enforce the policy which is to push to
remote/master only from a local branch
master, you can try and enforce it locally.
check if egit respects a
git config push.default current for pushing only the current branch to an upstream branch with the same name (which might actually become the default policy after git1.7.10).
however, that has the issue of making sure every developer has that policy active in his/her repo.
(i don't think you can enforce it at the "central" repo one, where you could add a server-side hook like an
update hook: that script take the name of the branch being updated (ie here '
master', not the name of the branch in the downstream repo, ie here '
push branch / initial push wizard simplifies pushing a branch and also allows upstream configuration for new branches created by the push operation:
- EGit - set up remote tracking correctly when creating a branch
- funny refname error when creating a new remote branch
- How do I set up the remote tracking branch in Egit?
- Remote tracking branch in Egit several commits behind
- What is the meaning of pull strategy when creating a branch with egit?
- When pushing to remote Git repo using EGit in Eclipse, what should I choose?
- Set suspend VM by default when creating breakpoint
- How do I delete local remote-tracking branches when remote branch is deleted?
- Deleting a remote branch with Egit
- Creating a branch from a remote branch (EGit)
- Am I using EGit and Eclipse correctly when working with repositories?
- When creating an Eclipse-based Product, how can I set the default workspace?
- Sync local branch with remote branch EGit
- Unable to fetch the New branch in Eclipse Git Remote Tracking for one machine
- Creating a new remote repository from EGit
- Why does eGit create an extra directory in the remote repo when I do the first commit/push?
- Branch issue when using EGit Eclipse
- Pushed to last remote branch when switching branch
- The URI is not accessible when creating remote URL connection - Oracle MAF
- Why does EGit's Remote Tracking folder only contain a branch on import?
- Errors when creating remote projects using Eclipse Remote System Explorer
- Local branch not created when pulling new remote branches (Git)
- Eclipse "Invalid Project Description" when creating new project from existing source
- When does ADT set BuildConfig.DEBUG to false?
- How to delete a branch in the remote repository using EGIT?
- Is there a maximum number you can set Xmx to when trying to increase jvm memory?
- How do I get a new branch to show up in Eclipse Git Remote Tracking?
- EGit: Pruning Remote Tracking Branches that have been Deleted on the Remote Repo
- How to change auto-generated code when creating new class in Eclipse
- Can't clone remote git repository with EGit
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse Plugin Not "Resolved" after installation
- show loading activity progress bar in notification area
- Create custom Eclipse editor for only one project type
- SVN error when commiting changes
- Project with path ':mypath' could not be found in root project 'myproject'
- How to send text message in android via sip
- Wrong array initializer indentation while typing PHP in Eclipse
- CakePHP .ctp syntax highlighting in Eclipse
- Eclipse: Ctrl + Shift + ? hotkeys in Linux / KDE?
- Unable to start JBoss-as-7.1.1 in debug mode
- Add dependencies in Eclipse using Gradle
- Integration of Xtext DSL editors and e4-based RCP
- Weird Eclipse/workspace behavior with Ubuntu and Windows
- After converting to maven getting error : Could not find or load main class
- Jquery mobile is not working in phonegap android application
- Eclpse CDT gtest setup error:cannot find -lgtest
- How to avoid/fix/stop Eclipse from getting this SIGSEGV?
- Eclipse: key binding for getting a list of attributes of a class
- I am getting error "Sorry! The Application Android_Name(process com.pckge) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Force Close?
- Eclipse reporting errors on arrays for Android
- ListView setOnItemClickListener Does Not Trigger
- Empty resource directory removed from the jar
- Where can i find the compile vaadin widgetset in eclipse
- Android Jelly Bean - GPS w/ Eclipse: mapView cannot be resolved to a variable
- How to capture Ctrl key is pressed in eclipse RAP
- Eclipse doesn't allow the rendering of greek characters in the console
- Disect Log returned from compiling Python File in Eclipse
- Android Eclipse - Increasing side margins on my table layout
- ImageView with OnClickListener not functioning
- Mac eclipse set workspace to dropxbox causes startup crash