go in eclipse to window->preferences->general->startup and shutdown->workspaces and activate the checkbox "prompt for workspace on startup" and restart your eclipse.
now you can select on the eclipse start your favorite workspace and optional you can say "use this as a default and do not ask again".
just run this command eclipse.exe -data c:\development\eclipse\workspace
fyi this happens due to install of some plugins.
have a look at the
- eclipse.ini in your eclipse installation directory
- shortcut you use to launch eclipse (if there is one).
if any of them contain a -data somepath argument, then eclipse will always open that path as workspace.
- Eclipse opening blank workspace
- Opening an Eclipse project already in my workspace
- Eclipse opens blank workspace
- Eclipse hangs while opening workspace after upgrading to GWT 2.0/Google app engine 1.2.8
- SVN - Eclipse Juno difficulty in opening existing workspace and not able to see branch name
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace error in Eclipse
- Eclipse add Tomcat 7 blank server name
- Create a new workspace in Eclipse
- Starting Eclipse w/ Specific Workspace
- eclipse stuck when building workspace
- Where in an Eclipse workspace is the list of projects stored?
- Searching a string in eclipse workspace
- Disable building workspace process in Eclipse
- How to Clone an Eclipse Workspace
- eclipse workspace: how to rename workspace
- Eclipse + EGit: clone project into workspace
- What are the gigantic *.CFS files all about in Eclipse workspace plugin folder?
- Java Eclipse turn off auto build workspace on save
- Eclipse freezing at startup - before loading workspace
- Eclipse import project error, overlaps workspace location
- Moving Eclipse Workspace from ~ to new directory?
- Eclipse always Building workspace
- Clean out Eclipse workspace metadata
- Find/replace across workspace in eclipse
- Remove blank line in Eclipse
- Eclipse refreshing workspace takes forever
- In Eclipse m2e, how to reference workspace project?
- Automatically opening completion window in Eclipse
- eclipse won't load workspace
- Is there a way to prevent Eclipse from opening the browser when starting a Web application?
More Query from same tag
- Matlab to Java - How do I plot data and show images in Java like in MATLAB?
- Why is my while going in a infinity loop? How do I fix it?
- How to add apache-tomcat-7.0.53 or apache-tomcat-8.0.5 server runtime environment in eclipse?
- How should I start writing the code in the src/test/file.me if using node js and yarn to click on a button?
- How to save Eclipse UML Diagram as image in a high resolution?
- How to send Progress from library on Android?
- Android ClassNotFoundException on working project (pre eclipse crash)
- What is the right path of my image on JLabel?
- local tomcat with eclipse attempt to run jsp
- "Comparison method violates its general contract!" when trying to install Eclipse plugin
- Eclipse Installer returns error message on Sierra
- Eclipse CDT with MinGW on Windows7 64bit - Debug configuration crashes [maybe solved, still curious]
- Eclipse/Android Studio/WebStorm/IntelliJ run a continuous process in parallel
- Eclipse Scout check when leave page
- Unknown version for SonarQube server (http://localhost:9000). Please check server is reachable
- python: how do you setup your workspace on Ubuntu?
- Starting Websphere from Eclipse hangs when security is enabled
- What is the alternative way for configuring tomcat context file with <Loader delegate = true />
- Upgrade android version in Eclipse project
- Error 500 with NoSuchElementException
- Docker - Run Jetty on HTTPS
- Skip test case execution in maven doesn't even compile Test cases
- Eclipse: How to retrieve a resource from a bundle
- How can I restore Hot Code Replace Failed alert window in Eclipse?
- Importing SlidingMenu in Eclipse?
- StreamSource - which module for module-info?
- how to hide / remove "<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.4 Built on Apr 22, 2006 (06:55:48 PDT)-->" while calling the wsdl link
- Drawing connect 4 board in Java
- Made a copy of a class in the same package eclipse
- SVN checkout forbidden with all the tools