depends on what your goals are. if you want to add your own catalog with your own plugins, it's possible and not that difficult. if you want to create your completly own mpc and replace the standard one with your, i think it'll be difficult.
i haven't found any extension points or open interfaces that indicate it is intended to be replaced or customized.
at one time i wanted to create or change the marketplace client so that it only showed a catalog of my choosing, but that turned out to be quite difficult. see my so question here with my findings.
there is also a similar question here.
- Eclipse Marketplace Client API existing / available?
- Can't find marketplace client for Eclipse oxygen version milestone 6
- Eclipse Marketplace client installed but missing
- Eclipse Photon Marketplace client can not be opened
- how to install Marketplace client on Eclipse
- Using the Eclipse Marketplace Client within Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio (Devstudio)
- Add Google API to existing eclipse project
- My eclipse plugin is showing on eclipse marketplace web site, but not in eclipse marketplace client
- Implementing Rest Api JAVA client android eclipse
- Importing Spotify API Client Library through Maven / Eclipse
- annotation in eclipse for using google client api from android - @Key
- How to install Subversion client on Eclipse without using eclipse marketplace
- How To setup IBM Mobile First version 7.1 in eclipse - IBM mobile first not available in eclipse marketplace
- updating solutions in eclipse marketplace client
- eclipse cannot find class in jar for google api client
- How do I import the javax.servlet / jakarta.servlet API in my Eclipse project?
- Convert Existing Eclipse Project to Maven Project
- Eclipse "Invalid Project Description" when creating new project from existing source
- How do I install Eclipse Marketplace in Eclipse Classic?
- How to create a project from existing source in Eclipse and then find it?
- Install Marketplace plugin on Eclipse Juno
- How to open existing project in Eclipse
- Associating existing Eclipse project with existing SVN repository
- How to make an existing directory into an eclipse project
- Android - copy existing project with a new name in Eclipse
- Import existing Gradle Git project into Eclipse
- Eclipse Android Change API Level
- Adding author name in Eclipse automatically to existing files
- Adding existing project folders to the project explorer in eclipse
- eclipse magic: ... Syntax error, varargs are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
More Query from same tag
- How to create environment variable SONAR_RUNNER_HOME for sonar (eclipse ) in windows 7
- How to update a class properly in Eclipse
- App is installed in Emulator but not run from Eclipse
- JSF 2.0 EL tags don't render in browser
- build.xml can not be found in openfire
- Getting error while installing salesforce.com plugins into Eclipse
- View file changes in git in eclipse
- How to Install Bokeh in Pydev, Eclipse?
- Move Android Eclipse project into workspace
- how to make alertdialog show with listview?
- Fatal Error: Invalid Layout of java.lang.String at value
- access preferences of native android on phone gap android
- Unable to print out the desired output
- cannot commit or push using egit (guess: issues with secure storage area)
- Eclipse RCP Spring 3 Hibernate 4 class loading issue
- Eclipse complying "Unresolved generator name" but all works fine
- can eclipse C/C++ IDE be used for java too?
- Regular expression for search all option tags .?
- How to install Eclipse plugins on Aptana Studio 3+
- Run protractor tests in Eclipse or Visual Studio
- Maven builds are working, but junit is throwing a NoSuchMethodError
- Eclipse lombok errors
- How to change default text file encoding in Eclipse?
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError using Wildfly, Maven, Rest?
- subclipse - Sudden error about too old SVN client
- JavaFX finds media file in JAR, but won't play it?
- Ant task: In ant build i am using java task, where i used system.out.println which are not appearing in the eclipse console
- Git repository error message with JFileChooser
- Can't get Java Web Start to work in Eclipse