i can do that with my eclipse...
but i've got an idea:
if your code completion does not work eather it might be a wrong or missing entry in the .buildpath or .project file.
it might have something to do with that.
go to your projectfolder (with the explorer, eclipse wont show these files) and open the .project file.
the important part is unter the
<natures> node if there is no such subnode as
<nature>org.eclipse.php.core.phpnature</nature> add it, restart your eclipse and try again.
in case that file is completely missing just add it, here is how mine looks:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <projectdescription> <name>project name</name> <comment></comment> <projects> </projects> <buildspec> <buildcommand> <name>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.builder</name> <arguments> </arguments> </buildcommand> <buildcommand> <name>org.eclipse.wst.validation.validationbuilder</name> <arguments> </arguments> </buildcommand> <buildcommand> <name>org.eclipse.dltk.core.scriptbuilder</name> <arguments> </arguments> </buildcommand> </buildspec> <natures> <nature>org.eclipse.php.core.phpnature</nature> <nature>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.nature</nature> </natures> </projectdescription>
if that didn't help open the .buildpath file, it should look something like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <buildpath> <buildpathentry kind="src" path=""/> <buildpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.php.core.language"/> </buildpath>
again restart eclipse and try again.
i hope that helped.
i fixed the problem installing the plugin pdt:
help -> install new software -> http://downloads.zend.com/pdt
i hoped that i could have helped you.
as you have java projects, are you in php perspective or not ? if you have opened a php project and you are in java perspective, a lot of features won't work.
have you set a php executable ? if i remember it is not mandatory for eclipse, but it is useful for the feature you want.
menu > window > preferences > php > php executables
check this link if you have imported an old project : ctrl+click (php code hyperlink detector) and content assist do not work in php project. (create a new workspace where you copy your project).
have you checked if your project is present in php build path ?
right-click on your project > properties > php build path
- eclipse juno php - jump to implementation not working
- Ctrl+alt+down arrow key not working in eclipse juno
- Eclipse Kepler - PHP Code completion not working
- Apache Tomcat 7.0 not working properly with eclipse EE juno version
- Eclipse for PHP Code Assistant not working
- PHP Tool Integration (PTI) with Eclipse Mars not working
- break points not working in eclipse Juno with openerp 7.0
- Eclipse PDT + PHP 8 + Xdebug 3 + Vagrant. Debugging is not working
- Eclipse call hierarchy not working on interface implementation
- PHP function printer_list working inside Eclipse but not on command line
- Basic operations are not working in Eclipse Juno
- Hadoop 0.20.2 plugin in eclipse juno is not working
- Include directory specification not working on Eclipse Juno
- Xdebug suddenly not properly working on Eclipse Neon PHP Ubuntu 16
- Google eclipse plugin is not working for juno 4.2
- "Run as" not working in Eclipse Juno
- PHP Development tool for eclipse not working on Windows 7 64bit
- Eclipse Juno content assistent (CTRL-Space) not working properly
- Mysql Connector not working for Eclipse Juno on JDK 1.7
- Eclipse content assist (for PHP or anything) not using active working set
- Jump into interface implementation in Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse shortcut keys are not working suddenly in Windows
- Ctrl + Space not working for content assist on eclipse
- Eclipse autocomplete not working
- Subversive SVN Connectors does not appear in eclipse juno
- Eclipse CDT Autocomplete not working
- Eclipse Organize Imports Shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+O) is not working
- SVN key bindings not working in Eclipse
- Eclipse autocomplete not working in some Java files
More Query from same tag
- how modify the already installed content-assist?
- How are dependency binaries included in my final built and installed .JAR in Maven?
- Cannot locate class span element with Selenium + Java
- running from console is ok, from Eclipse error
- Add modules to a maven multi-module project with different relative paths
- Eclipse IDE - source code for 'Outline' feature
- Renaming file I got this error: !MESSAGE Variable references non-existent resource
- Smarty highlight in eclipse luna pdt
- headless xml generation from xsd with eclipse
- Java Build Path, Order and Export: should I include Android libraries?
- Git rollback then step forward in commits
- How to use eclim with gradle project
- Export all key bindings in Eclipse
- Jump to next paragraph in Eclipse?
- Error during deployment of artifacts to Nexus from Eclipse
- No marketplace entries found to handle jacoco-maven-plugin
- Why does Eclipse default to debug mode whenever I make a new C++ project?
- Exception in thread "main" - Cannot get class with test cases to run as java application or as debugger
- eclipse 'hide view' while customizing perspective not coming into effect
- java.io.FileNotFoundException cannot locate file under src folder
- PyDev debugging: do not open "_pydev_execfile" at the end
- Start JVM not working
- How to show find replace dialog in SourceViewer(On Shortcut Ctrl+F)
- how come my android devices are not visible on my Mac?
- Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost was unable to start within 45 seconds. If the server requires more time,
- Hibernate Configuration Error - Fetching children failed with DocumentException
- Clarification - Import statements in Eclipse
- Eclipse can't parse heap dump
- Android eclipse debugging on emulator avoid installing every time
- WebContent folder in a Java Dynamic Web project in Eclipse