right click on file and menu item open with -> system editor.
change the settings on the editors preference page to automatically close editors and limit itself to only 1 open editor.
like nitind said, change the settings to "close editors automatically" and set "number of opened editors before closing" = 1.
and then you can use the "pin the current editor" button to stop the current tab from closing.
you can refer to the following link: (key word: "pinning editors") http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2ftips%2fplatform_tips.html
- Eclipse juno : open file but not in a new tab, like in visual studio 2012
- Visual Studio 2012 IntelliSense Info like Eclipse
- Making Eclipse behave like Visual Studio
- EGit and Eclipse modifies .gitignore file but it should not
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- Not getting automatically web.xml file while creating servlet in Eclipse Juno 4.2
- Eclipse syntax highlighting: trying to specify it for a new file extension, and it's not working
- Eclipse plug-in: Create a new file extension for a language not supported by Eclipse
- Eclipse not creating new Activity and xml layout file (issues started after updating eclipse and sdk)
- Eclipse Mars - one specific file will not open in compare editor?
- How to Create a Region in eclipse like Visual Studio
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Autocomplete in eclipse like in visual studio
- "create new visual classes" button not clickable on eclipse
- Eclipse --launcher.openFile does not open the file
- Java project working on Eclipse but not working when exported to runnable jar file
- Eclipse save error when trying to open the design view of a synapse config file in WS02 Developer Studio
- In eclipse for java Is there anything like Visual Studio Custom Debugger Visualizers
- Eclipse has exported the keystore file but not the .apk
- Make Eclipse auto completion behave like Visual Studio intellisense?
- Does Eclipse have this extensibility Feature like Visual Studio without any coding?
- How to TAB out of quotes in Android Studio like Eclipse
- Visual Studio 2012 strange characters at beginning of file
- Eclipse Java Formatter. New line before curly braces, but not after
- JNA finds library running in Eclipse but not when a built JAR file
- Audio file plays in Eclipse IDE; but NOT as JAR file
- Resources file is found by Gradle but not by Eclipse
- properties file not found after migrating Android project from eclipse to Android Studio
- Java program runs fine in Eclipse but not as a .jar file
- Eclipse autocomplete not working on one file but working on other file
More Query from same tag
- Glass Application Launch without Launchy
- Assigning toolbar to the certain perspectives eclipse
- sending message through IP address in eclipse android program using sockets
- Java Code for files to Excell
- Eclipse Luna in fedora Os
- Derby Eclipse classpath
- Iterating classes in build_path of eclipse project
- Eclipse encoding
- How to disable global(File-->Rename) menu in RCP application
- Implementing a web service orchestration with BPEL in java and eclipse
- Debugging BIRT ODA Driver in Eclipse SDK - NoClassDefFoundError
- Can't get Eclipse to work on Ubuntu
- Eclipse - Several Errors After Altering Proguard and Manifest Files
- developing with maven
- establised connection was aborted
- R class is missing
- Can't add JDBC driver to Library scope
- JAVA nested while loop error -should be amazingly simple
- Unable to install cobetura plugin in eclipse
- Tomcat inside Eclipse overwrites context fragments
- How can I check the spelling in plain text files in eclipse c/c++ edition?
- Using Eclipse to see where a function was called or class used
- Java - Scanner Error & printing error
- How to identify files which have empty new lines at the bottom of the file
- google Analytics V4 cannot be imported?
- Unable to run java console app using codenvy SDK
- Android App runs in emulator but says "Not Installed"
- Eclipse 4.2 Shared Plugins
- How can I give feedback on Eclipse?
- What does the green dot with yellow star mean in eclipse?