i had the same problem. at some point, i could program in c++ with eclipse. one day, it can't find any tool chain even when there are a couple of them. basically, you need to reinstall your cdt plugin with assumption that you installed your tool chain in a correct place - for this, you need to refer to instructions for your linux distribution.
here is what i did without changing anything on toolchain:
uninstall cdt from eclipse
help -> install new software -> click the link "already installed" -> select cdt items -> click uninstall
this got me my toolchain back in eclipse.
in case reinstalling does not work, it means you have unsupported toolchain for some reason. uncheck
show project types and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform on the new project dialog. then it will show the toolchain. you can go ahead to select the toolchain to create the project. but i'd try to find why the installed gcc is unsupoprted.
you should install it from help menu
- Eclipse Juno CDT running in Linux - it does not give me any toolchain
- Eclipse CDT does not find either Cygwin or MinGW toolchain
- Eclipse on MAC OS X Does not detect LLVM toolchain
- Eclipse CDT indexer does not know C++11 containers
- Subversive SVN Connectors does not appear in eclipse juno
- Eclipse CDT using MinGW does not output in console
- "mark occurrences" does not work in Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse CDT : running C++ program not showing anything in the console! Why?
- Eclipse CDT Does not track macro defines correctly
- Any way of working with Eclipse WTP that does not mean redeploying the _WHOLE_ application when a JSP page is changed
- eclipse plugin does not work after update to juno (eclipse 4)
- Why does the Eclipse debugger give the error "Source not found" seemingly without reason?
- Eclipse CDT Indexer does not fully recognize c++11
- Eclipse Error: The refactoring does not change any source code
- memory analysis from eclipse ide does not list any local process id when acquire heap dump dialog is clicked
- Maven3 eclipse:eclipse does not work - Not running eclipse plugin goal for pom project
- Content assist (Ctrl-Space) in does not work in Eclipse in Debian Gnome running in VMWare for Windows
- Why does the EPIC eclipse plugin not show any info in "Explain Errors/Warnings"?
- Add Java Exception Breakpoint does not show any matches in Eclipse
- Eclipse - CDT programmatically added include paths does not appear
- Eclipse CDT Juno - Toolchain issue
- "Selection does not contain any Java files" from eclipse
- Breakpoints do not work on CDT 8.4.0 for Eclipse Luna for Linux
- Eclipse CDT does not parse <variant> include file correctly
- Eclipse CDT debugger does not show console
- Eclipse on Linux does not display options for C++ New Project
- Eclipse Juno project facets does not recognize that I have Java 1.6
- Running a Selenium test as TestNG in Eclipse does not start Chrome browser
- Eclipse / Java: Any way to re-scan path so Eclipse does not show errors?
- Eclipse reading StdIn(System.in) from console, but will not give any output
More Query from same tag
- Webdav Plugin for Eclipse 3.4?
- How to create IProject without Eclipse
- Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1cb4)!
- Eclipse launch error- error code 13
- error importing gradle project into eclipse
- Ant Junit & Selenium no information in reports
- Eclipse Android - Parser Exception in Manifest
- What needs to be done to add a project to a Websphere Server in Eclipse juno?
- Configuring Tesseract in Android
- Downgrading Scala 2.12.3 to Scala 2.10 in Eclipse Scala IDE
- AspectJ getParameter()
- Is Regular Expressions the best way to go about matching and replacing text?
- eclipse + cdt + mingw + windows error "undefined reference to `WinMain@16'" on build
- Eclipse IDE: Where is Android Remote Device Settings?
- "Main method not found in class...." but it is there ?? so why the error?
- Followed tutorial, application has stopped working
- How to include Switch Workspace in File menu
- Why are my changesets removed if I close a project?
- The setContentView(R.layout.activity_main); is not working
- Getting ANDROID_LINT_COMPLETE_REGIONS to work on Mac OS X
- Menu creation in Eclipse(Android Developement)
- The import org.mockito.Mock cannot be found
- History: why Eclipse foundation had chosen OSGi?
- Maven project worked before "clean install". Why?
- How do I convert eclipse App for phone?
- Prevent generating new timestamp for all eclipse plugins
- Problem debugging with Eclipse CDT - Execution and GUI not aligned
- Failure 1 (near "table": syntax error) on 0x39c298 when preparing 'CREATE TABLE table (
- How to add `this` qualifier to Java fields in Eclipse?