seems this is an issue with the gradle plugin on sts after all. how i solved it:
opened window -> preferences ; selected gradle menu
disabled "remap jars to maven projects" and "remap jars to gradle projects".
- applied changes.
not sure if this is also related/necessary, but i also:
opened external tools configurations menu (right click on project, run as -> external tools configurations).
went to the "refresh" tab and changed the "refresh resources upon completition" option from "the entire workspace" to "the project containing the selected resource" and applied changes.
- i had to manually change this option on each project in my workspace.
now i can perform gradle builds and refresh dependencies only on the projects i select instead of all projects on my workspace. though if the project i select includes dependent jar files with missing dependencies, those will also be downloaded to cache (which makes sense).
found useful information about this issue here:
in that case, you can go to the folder with command prompt and exec the command below
if you want force gradle to download all libraries again, you can use --refresh-dependencies option
gradle build --refresh-dependencies
this is the copy from gradle manual.
the --refresh-dependencies option tells gradle to ignore all cached entries for resolved modules and artifacts. a fresh resolve will be performed against all configured repositories, with dynamic versions recalculated, modules refreshed, and artifacts downloaded.
- Eclipse: How to make Gradle refresh dependencies only for selected project?
- How to mavenize a standard eclipse project but only for some dependencies
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- How to resolve dependencies from one gradle project to another gradle project in my Eclipse workspace?
- How to make the runnable jar file for a maven eclipse project with hibernate configuration
- How to add Gradle nature for Gradle 2.0 to the Eclipse project
- How to make Gradle add Lombok to its Project and external dependencies libraries?
- how to make runnable jar for javaCV or openCV project from Eclipse
- How to make multidex enabled on an Android project in Eclipse WITHOUT Gradle
- How to make the VJET plugin fully working in eclipse for my node.js project
- How to make Tortoise recognize project checkout originaly using Eclipse Plugin for SVN?
- Multiple Gradle Projects within one Eclipse Project - Refresh Dependencies
- Eclipse: create Gradle project but make Eclipse "accept" Groovy for app files
- How to Create project jar file through Eclipse for Spring Boot Gradle Project?
- How to make an existing directory into an eclipse project
- How to change JDK version for an Eclipse project
- How to make Eclipse prompt me for command line arguments
- How to simultaneously run all JUnit tests for a Eclipse Java project without Maven?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How to convert an Eclipse Android project to use Ant for build?
- How can I make the Mylyn GitHub Connector for Eclipse run authenticated requests?
- How to make a new Eclipse project template?
- How do I refresh project dependencies using Buildship in Eclipse?
- How can I make hidden files display in Eclipse Project explorer when using a RSE linked folder?
- How to change the background color for changed files in eclipse project explorer?
- How to express inter project dependencies in Eclipse PDE
- Getting "The POM for <name> is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available" only in Eclipse
- Eclipse Plugin: how to get the path to the currently selected project
- How do I configure eclipse to automatically refresh a project as part of it's build?
- Eclipse - how to simultaneously switch working set for project explorer, call hierarchy, and search?
More Query from same tag
- Vitamio library doesn't link ? Could not find method io.vov.vitamio.LibsChecker.checkVitamioLibs
- How to add a server to RallyDev Eclipse Plugin
- Fixing format of print statement
- Java Eclipse - 'Unexpected token END OF FILE at position 0' when trying to read from JSON
- Showing a PopUp Window from another PopUp Window
- How to fix "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class " error
- incorrect JARs for Casbah in Scala?
- In Eclipse, how can I ensure the compiled program will be for a certain JRE?
- Eclipse PHP IDE annoyance
- Tomcat class loading order when serving modules without publishing
- Error in OpenCV Android eclipse setting up sample projects
- Eclipse formats String inaccurately in JSP-File
- R Missing In Gen Folder In Eclipse
- BIRT - using report variable to pass data from outer to inner nested data set
- MainActivity class not generated in Eclipse?
- Proguard Android using Action Bar Sherlock
- exception has been caught while processing the refactoring 'Rename package'
- Eclipse Inserting Data into MySQL with a while loop no value specified error
- Customized workbench in eclipse
- How to recover messed up Eclipse/ADT project
- Eclipse Blackberry Preprocessor Not Working?
- Including a file in the Eclipse RCP bundle working directory
- Where does Eclipse store the info about which workspace to start up with?
- Eclipse file search finds the same file multiple times
- Eclipse "Java was started but returned exit code=1" with OpenJDK
- Eclipse error:cannot opn .obj file
- How to solve "The character '%' is a reserved JQL character" error
- not able to select date from date picker
- swt Table Viewer java keyboard shortcut for editing & moving between cells
- Maven build failed because of Lambok annotated classes