so finally i found a solution. i got the hint from here configure eclipse cdt to use g++
the important bit was the comment that g++ is a symbolic link. everything was set up ok, but when i executed g++ or gcc from the windows command prompt, i got the error "access denied" while it worked from within cygwin.
after reading the bit about it being a symbolic link, it was clear what the problam was, because windows can not cope with it. so what i did now, i reversed the symbolic links such that gcc and g++ is the real exe and the links of g++-3 and so on are pointing now to the exe, instead of the other way around.
i had to restart eclipse using the -clean option, then restarted it normaly and the error is history. :d
you should install the build-essential
sudo apt-get install build-essential
after installing this, open a terminal, and type g++ (hit enter) if it says there is no input, then you got your g++
i mean, eclipse is good but problems like this are persistent i find.
try giving netbeans a look in.
- Eclipse neon C program not getting build g++ and gcc not found in path error
- Eclipse error 'g++/gcc' not found in path
- Eclipse SDK Program "cl" is not found in PATH error
- Eclipse error in JSP file: The superclass "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet" was not found on the java build path
- "Plugin not found for prefix" error in Eclipse
- Eclipse CDT - "Program "-E" not found in PATH
- Eclipse C/C++ (CDT) import files into project - header file not found - include path
- Eclipse Luna - Getting error - 'Could not publish server configuration for Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost. Multiple Contexts have a path of "/abc"
- Eclipse will not launch on my Windows 7 system, JRE not found error
- Request resource is not found 404 error while running maven project on tomcat in eclipse
- Error: Program "make" not found in PATH when I try to build C project in eclipse
- unable to load library 'yyy.dll': native library (win32-x86/yyy.dll) not found in resource path (jna + dll + eclipse rcp)
- Getting verify.dll not found error message while opening Eclipse IDE
- Batch file in eclipse path variables not found
- Error in Eclipse - Mainclass not found
- Java Eclipse error method not found in class
- Eclipse > Remote System Plugins > Error : the resource is not on the build path of a script project
- Eclipse error during remote debug session: sh: locale: not found
- Source not found error in Eclipse while debugging
- DDMS file not found error in Eclipse due to changed Android SDK directory
- Struts 2 Eclipse Class Not Found error
- sonarqube analysis failed in eclipse throws error on local analysis due to the exception language "cpp" is not found
- Eclipse + Cygwin = Program "make" is not found in PATH
- Python script runs fine from command line, file not found error when using Eclipse and PyDev
- Eclipse error "This compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project
- Eclipse Maven - Code Completion fails "This compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project" and "Failed to Download Index" Error
- File Not Found When Absolute Path Is Specified in Java Eclipse
- c++ cygwin and eclipse - binary not found error
- OpenCV for Android: Error Program "sh" not found in PATH
- Source not Found Error in Eclipse BlackBerry App
More Query from same tag
- How to implement a custom exception?
- Is there a way to integrate VisualVM, or any free/open-source profiler, into Eclipse without a commercially licensed plugin?
- Vaadin7 with mybatis and Spring
- How do I get a new branch to show up in Eclipse Git Remote Tracking?
- How do I stop the SVN window from opening on Eclipse startup?
- NoClassDefFoundError exception when deploying dynamic web app from eclipse
- Phidget RFID Not attached (ANDROID and PHIDGET)
- What's the difference from "Standard VM" and "MacOS X VM" in installed JREs in Eclipse?
- Nutch Exception: ''..cannot be resolved to a type"
- Android creating themes and styles
- Text not rendered properly in eclipse editor
- Why will java not let me use the method add() when creating a method?
- How to change language of the Save Parts dialog in eclipse e4 rcp?
- Is it possible to connect project in workspace with .jar file from Ivy?
- can't find build.gradle in Eclipse projects
- How to disable part of the code in eclipse without including the code in multiline comment, or any other comment?
- Setting up SVN in Eclipse
- Program stucks on creation of class object in java
- Maven Eclipse Spring JUNIT java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.filenet.apiimpl.util.J2EEUtil (initialization failure)
- Android Library Does not generate a jar file in eclipse?
- Error to run a Maven with JUnit project in Eclipse
- Add parentheses around C-expression in Eclipse
- Full TargetPlatform to be able to use the xtext editor
- Import .java Files Into the Correct Package
- Spring Tool Suite (Eclipse) project run problems
- In plug-in.xml how to associate a file extension with a particular kind of editor in eclipse plug-in
- maven-build not creating .war file
- Scrollview with paging in android
- m2e not working for multi module
- List in velocity macro, cannot find contains method