one workaround that i found is running the command through ant exec instead of calling directly from batch file. it reports all the errors.
<exec executable="eclipse.exe" failonerror="true"> <arg value="-nosplash"/> <arg value="-application"/> <arg value="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director"/> <arg value="-repository"/> <arg value="file:c:/repo,http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/"/> <arg value="-installiu"/> <arg value="com.app.feature.feature.group"/> </exec>
there was a bug in equinox 3.6.0 (which was fixed in 3.6.1) that caused failing applications to return an exit code 0. unless you are using that equinox version, the p2 director application has a correct exit code.
i suppose the problem lies in how you checked the exit code in the batch script. you can check for non-zero exit codes with
if errorlevel 1 goto labeloferrorhandling.
- eclipse does not return errorlevel
- Eclipse does not return to the beginning of the file in Find/Replace
- Why does Eclipse not recognize the build() method from the Notification.Builder class to return a Notification object?
- Why does an Eclipse builder return a "file_get_contents() ... Permission denied" warning for a PHP script but not the command line?
- Errors when I return false inside html tags. Eclipse does not like returns outside functions or methods
- Eclipse does not return to code view after debugging exit
- CharStack class works with javac but does not return anything in Eclipse console
- Eclipse does not highlight matching variables
- Eclipse on MAC OS X Does not detect LLVM toolchain
- Eclipse does not start when I run the exe?
- Eclipse does not recognize content of persistence.xml
- Editor does not contain a main type in Eclipse
- Why does my Eclipse keep not responding?
- Eclipse CDT indexer does not know C++11 containers
- Eclipse tomcat error: Document base does not exist or is not a readable directory
- Subversive SVN Connectors does not appear in eclipse juno
- Eclipse CDT using MinGW does not output in console
- Eclipse "Enhanced Class Decompiler" plugin does not decompile when debugging
- Graphical Layout tab does not appear for some layout files into Eclipse
- Tools jar does not exist Eclipse JAVA
- Maven does not add classpath to Eclipse project
- Expression Language & Eclipse warning: "items" does not support runtime expressions
- Eclipse Deployment Assembly does not appear in properties
- Eclipse Dali JPA error : 'Console configuration "" does not exist'
- Web resources filtering with Maven war plugin does not work in Eclipse with m2e
- Lombok does not work for Eclipse Neon
- Why does Eclipse code completion not work on some projects?
- I updated java and eclipse does not work
- "mark occurrences" does not work in Eclipse Juno
- How to fix a workspace in eclipse that does not open anymore?
More Query from same tag
- I can't install symfony2 feature to eclipse from symfony dubture com - strange error
- Can the console in Eclipse pop up the way it does in Visual Studio
- Eclipse auto close unused tabs
- refactor constructors into setters in java
- Eclipse not responding, stuck at Initializing Java Tooling 30%
- How do I disable only certain/specific warnings in my XML files?
- libpng warning in Eclipse
- How to copy the error message from console to file in java?
- Minimize empty PartStack throwing Exception
- Keeping Eclipse project dependencies in sync with an external build system
- Binary addition in java
- Is it possible to interrupt and cancel a build when a file is saved or key typed?
- Occasional error when building an eclipse feature with a Tycho project
- Refused connection to a Swordfish Service Registry
- How to access DefaultTableModel from another class
- Make Ctrl+F11 launch Android project even when on XML file
- Maven Integration for Eclipse Juno Issue on Mac Lion OS
- Eclipse IDE Redo and Inspect key command Conflicts
- Build path error in eclipse for android
- Ubuntu: Unable to start eclipse
- Erroneous duplicate rows in BIRT report
- Eclipse 3.8 to 4.6 Migration Platform.getPlugin() returns null
- Websphere administrative console greyed out
- How to save an editor state in eclipse
- Lombok is woking in commad line but it is not in "Run Java Application"(Eclipse
- Hide a JButton (image) after click
- Toolchain ARM Cortex M4
- Which IDE to use for Android Phone development?
- Eclipse Platform Plug-in Developer Guide help section missing
- French letter encoding from SQL data file for H2