sorry, i should have waited a bit longer before asking, i figured it out!
i changed the,
ihandlerservice handlerservice = (ihandlerservice) getsite().getservice(ihandlerservice.class);
ihandlerservice handlerservice = (ihandlerservice) platformui.getworkbench().getservice(ihandlerservice.class);
and it worked. i will leave the question in case it helps other people.
- Eclipse: Converting actions in commands for a specific view
- How to prevent Eclipse to use a specific view for a file
- Create view only for specific editor in eclipse
- How do you create an retargetable action for a specific object type in Eclipse using the commands framework?
- How to filter call stack in Eclipse debug view for Java
- How to view shell commands used by eclipse "run configurations"
- Eclipse RCP: Actions VS Commands
- Assigning a keyboard shortcut for a specific Eclipse build configuration
- Converting Maven project to Dynamic Web Project for Eclipse
- How to view SQL database in Eclipse Debug mode for android
- Import existing java project in eclipse but design view not exist for JFrame?
- View log of maven commands run by Eclipse plugins
- Eclipse war export: optimize for a specific server runtime
- How can I view the history of a single branch in EGit for eclipse
- How can I specify an Eclipse .classpath entry for specific O/S platform?
- Remove "Project Specific Settings" for all projects in an Eclipse workspace at once?
- How to keep import * for specific package when organizing imports in Eclipse
- Is it possible to view what shell commands Eclipse is making?
- How can I change Eclipse color scheme for a specific file extension?
- Dependency hierarchy view for maven in Eclipse Indigo
- How to select repository for staging view in Eclipse Luna 4.4?
- Code assist in (jsp /jstl) view for Spring MVC model objects in Eclipse
- Modifing Eclipse Outline view for CSS files
- Eclipse shortcut for 'Expand All' in Synchronize view
- How can I change the view / editor for a file in Eclipse using the keyboard?
- How can I get Mylyn for Eclipse to filter the Bookmarks view based on the current task?
- Read-only Properties view for Eclipse editor
More Query from same tag
- Maven for eclipse plugin not getting installed
- Unable to deploy my spring web project to eclipse internal tomcat server.(java.lang.ClassNotFoundException on tomcat startup)
- I am not able to run my cucumber jvm report
- accessing a website database by adding an edit text value to the url
- Nebula: CalendarCombo. How to setDate()?
- How can i solve the "Widget is disposed" Problem?
- Set up coverage configuration on pydev
- Where to find all the MaxPermSize in Eclipse-WildFly system?
- Problems after updating to Android SDK 20 in Eclipse
- integrating eclipse (not EE) with tomcat 7
- how to determine which color highlight to use in eclipse
- Random "not a Java source folder" in Eclipse Maven Projects
- Eclipse don't resolve anymore android packages
- Cannot see my images resources launching J2EE preview
- Whenever I try to exit Eclipse it asks me to "confirm poor choice"
- Eclipse-lib issue of web project
- How to run web pages without starting eclipse
- Sealed classes don't compile, Eclipse compiler bug?
- Using Eclipse (Neon 3, 64 bit) on Windows 10, how do I bring (or keep) the Console window in view?
- How can the source attachment, Javadoc location and native library location be specified for a Gradle project's local dependency, in Eclipse?
- Unable to execute TestNG Suite file via command line but works from Eclipse IDE
- File reader in eclipse
- Eclipse java file is now one long blank line?
- How to create a new server in Eclipse
- Eclipse Jetty Integration start.ini
- Running UI test in Jenkins Docker-Slave
- How to resolve tree conflicts through svn Eclipse plugin
- linking git file to eclipse dynamic web project
- Setting up Eclipse and Glassfish offline
- Angular2 Eclipse: HTML editor in Eclipse Oxygen shows errors from TypeScript