i dont think backup is really needed. but if you want really back up, follow this.when you download adt bundle as a whole. go to sdk folder and backup the platforms folder and the build tools folder. this are the main folders which contains the platform files.you can carry on with your update .
and no need to backup android or ndk or eclipse folders.
i'm not 100% sure if this is a necessary to back up these files or folders since i haven't faced a single issue till this point due to an sdk/ndk update. but as an sdk update happens, generally the folder
<sdk-directory./platform is updated. there is not much overwriting or such things, but a new api platform will be added to the sdk, generally as a new folder.
also, if you are on linux, just like me, i would suggest you to install the eclipse package from the repository and setup the sdk as per the documentation available on google developers. also, for your info, and sdk update wont touch any eclipse files as such. hope this helps.
- Android Development with Eclipse which folders to backup before updating
- Update Eclipse with Android development tools v. 23
- updating android app with eclipse
- Which version of Eclipse to use with Android
- HTML form Input with Phonegap Android development in Eclipse
- Which folders in an Eclipse Android project do I need to back up in SVN?
- Which eclipse is the best fit for Android development ?
- NullPointerException while working with Android development in Eclipse
- starting with eclipse for android development
- Android development with Eclipse clean and build
- Things to do before updating Android SDK tools in Eclipse
- Android Development with Eclipse (apk not found)
- Development android app with Eclipse issue
- which version of Eclipse I should use for Android Development
- Which Eclipse to use for Android Development
- Which Eclipse version should I use for an Android app?
- Android - copy existing project with a new name in Eclipse
- Benefits of switching from Eclipse to IntelliJ IDEA for Android development
- Profiling Android apps with Eclipse plugin TPTP instead of traceview
- Android app crashes with SIGABRT Signal 6 only while Eclipse debugging
- Is there any way to integrate Eclipse with Gradle in Android project?
- Android Studio vs Eclipse with ADT (2015)
- Installing ADT plugin in Eclipse for Android development
- Eclipse with Android SDK missing menu items
- Eclipse - Empty Logcat with Android 7
- Android Development Tool 23.0.0 and Android L Update error in eclipse
- 'Unsupported template dependency: Upgrade your Android Eclipse plugin' with SDK Tools v22
- How to avoid "Refreshing external Folders" in Android development in Eclipse
- Eclipse with android plugin - Blocked at "calculating requirements and dependencies"
- Where can I find the source code for the Android Development Tools (ADT) plugin for the Eclipse IDE?
More Query from same tag
- Issue with build Android NDK project
- How to stop sound when clicking the OFF button
- Eclipse debug breakpoint stopping only on virtual invocation of specific subclass
- how to define reserved template for python file for eclipse
- How to obtain project name in Eclipse Indigo?
- How do I resolve an inputmismatchexception from user whilst using the java try with resources feature
- Android running really slow in debug mode
- Install SQLite into Eclipse to use with Java
- Deploy Java web application to root context for glassfish in eclipse?
- Why I receive error when use Cover As in Eclipse and not with Junit?
- Java 8 and Eclipse on OS X Mavericks
- From behind a proxy, I can find things in the Eclipse market place, but fail installing them
- TDD and housekeeping overhead with C++
- python interpreter on non-pydev projects?
- Joining Two Entities in Spring Data JPA
- I get this Tomcat Error on a dynamic web project
- Eclipse plugin not working in Ganymede but working in Galileo
- Unable to resolve JRE: jdk1.8.0_121 (Standard VM) in dynamic web project
- How to add a folder to java build path as library, having multiple jars or entries in it?
- Java path errors
- Sharing class path configuration between multiple gradle subprojects
- get ITextViewer from IEDitorPart (Eclipse)
- How do I create a FieldDeclaration given an IField (Eclipe plugin)
- DownloaderClientMarshaller.Proxy override superclass functions
- Instantiation exception: no empty constructors found in Main Activity
- How to write few lines code on top of all jsp pages in ECLIPSE
- Eclipse CDT parsing C/C++ header file returns empty AST
- Android: run 2.0.1 app on 1.5 emulator in Eclipse
- Android wear packaging not working
- How can I add Websphere 6.1 server/runtime to Eclipse?