another issue might be adb's file permissions themselves, make sure the user you are using to run eclipse is the same as who owns the adb files. also make sure that adb is actually executable. (these are both unlikely issues, but worth checking if the other solutions given don't fix it)
from the home directory, try 'adb' in terminal:
if 'adb' doesn't find the adb tool, then your path needs adjusted. (edit .bashrc with bash commands to append to the path the /tools directory of the android sdk, is probably the easiest way, then log out and back in to apply the settings)
if 'adb' says it needs root permission, then try 'sudo adb' and see if that works. (this shouldn't happen, but worth testing)
i'm not actually sure what it says for 'non executable' in 13.04, but it should be self explanatory.
i have solved this problem through following steps:
1. copy & unzip eclipse to /opt/android/android-sdk-linux/ 2. x86= sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev x64(ubuntu 13.04 and earlier)= sudo apt-get install ia32-libs x64(ubuntu 13.10 and above)= sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev:i386 i use ubuntu 14 and on this version listed packages have multiple dependencies, so if you could not install this package use apt-get -f install (without package) . this statement install dependencies. 3. sudo gedit /etc/environment :/opt/android/android-sdk-linux/tools :/opt/android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools
the same happened for me when i used
adb version it showed adb server not installed ,and it showed how to fix it ,and now works fine ,install the adb server using the following code .
the program 'adb' is currently not installed. you can install it by typing: sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
try running following
- cd /home/manoj/....../platform-tools
- adb version
if you get a permission denied error then
- chmod 770 adb
- adb version
you should get a response like "android debug bridge version x.x.xx"
if so the source of your problem was file permission and set the file permission appropriately
also check if the $path includes the path to /home/manoj/....../platform-tools.
disclaimer: i use ubuntu 12.04 and adb at command prompt for my work. i hardly use eclipse for my current work.
let us know your results
- Android : Adb permission denied
- ADB error=13, Permission denied from ADB, exists=true - Android SDK Setup
- error = 13 permission denied while attempting to get adb version
- android eclipse emulator sdcard permission denied
- Permission denied when launching android SDK manager on ubuntu even with root authority
- Android Application Crashes ActivityManager permission Denied on Eclipse
- Permission denied when accessing local PHP web service from Android app project
- Android adb "Unable to open sync connection!"
- Restart ADB from Android Studio
- Must do adb kill-server and start-server everytime to recognize android device in Ubuntu
- Android adb (OSX Lion) does not recognize Galaxy Nexus, Jelly Bean
- Android ConnectivityManager is not seeing permission ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE
- Android device keeps disconnecting from adb / eclipse
- Why must I reset ADB so frequently in Eclipse in order to connect to an Android device?
- ADB Not Responding - Android Studio
- how to issue an adb command from built in eclipse UI in Android SDK
- Android : adb shell, no command adb found
- Android device does not show up in Android Device Chooser, but is listed in adb
- Cannot run program "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app": error=13, Permission denied
- Eclipse throwing Permission denied Exception in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- No content provider found for permission revoke - Android
- Changing android sdcard emulator permission
- ADB doesnt recognize my device- LENOVO A60+ Android v2.3.6
- Galaxy S3 app debugging: unable to open zip archive. Permission denied
- Android - unable to install/debug an application in Eclipse on Ubuntu, while ADB works
- ADB Cannot Find Android Device
- Android permission ACCES_NETWORK_STATE bug?
- Why show error Permission is only granted to system apps in android manifest
- Trying to update to Android SDK 2.3 on Eclipse causes adb loss
- org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Permission denied to access property '__qosId'
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse : Ignore warnings for a certain type of file but keep color syntaxing
- maven plugin for eclipse, proxy issue
- eclipse opening X11 Window
- Why Python Login working without Login/Password
- Calling Fragment Method by Parent FragmentActivity, getting NullPointerException
- Eclipse formatter changing comment indentation
- Installation error: Unknown failure Android App
- Merging files in different clearcase branches in Eclipse
- Eclipse Maven Build Is not Including Dependencies on Generated Jar File
- While installing eclipse IDE for java I gets an error?
- Where can I find documentation when coding in Eclipse?
- Eclipse code change working explanation
- Eclipse doesn't highlight references anymore
- Eclipse unable to detect that a server has started
- Create and show View in a WizardPage
- Eclipse e4 Dependency Injection via OSGi based Services
- Eclipse helios, preferences -> web Servcies -> METRO Preferences -> METRO Runtime Location, which folder should this be?
- Display html table in textview in android without using webview
- How to split a web project into 2 separate projects/modules
- Eclipse IDE search definition error (Progress View)
- I get errors in my MainActivity.java for no reason
- Why eclipse resource is "(not open)"?
- How to use custom SurroundWith feature of eclipse
- Cannot fetch or pull from Github with Egit because wrong username is stored
- Eclipse cannot shutdown BEA WebLogic server
- How to install android-maven-plugin?
- How to Enable the Console in Eclipse
- How to change res ID (R.raw.item_name) based on variable change in android/eclipse
- JRE System Library [WebSphere v6.1 JRE] (unbound)
- Xml layout files not working with Textview