you may try this also
in the project explorer view, right-click on the project and then select properties. select the java build path page in the properties window. go to libraries tab, click jre system library. if the jre is (jre 8 or jre 1.8), then edit select execution environment is 1.7.
remember to press apply, in the java build path page. then ok.
try a clean build
changing the jdk compliance fixed the issue for me.
you can change the compiler compliance level by going to the java compiler page as shown in the steps below.
- in the project explorer view, right-click on the project and then select properties.
- select the java compiler page in the properties window.
- in the jdk compliance section, select the desired compiler compliance level. (jdk 7)
- click apply and then ok. see this
- When deploying GAE I get "IllegalArgumentException: Class file is Java 8 but max supported is Java 7", but I'm using Java 7 everywhere
- 'Class file is Java 8 but max supported is Java 7' error when deploying to Google App Engine
- Unable to update app : Class file is Java 8 but max supported is Java 7
- Unable to deploy to Google App Engine : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class file is Java 8 but max supported is Java 7
- Java project working on Eclipse but not working when exported to runnable jar file
- Error When Deploying Java Appp to App Engine? Can not get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not JRE?
- Java class file failed to load testng class when run through command line
- Eclipse Class File Editor Source not Found when adding library to java project
- How to get the full class name of the of an Java file in Eclipse?
- This Java class compiles smoothly but when I click on this when using my android phone as ADB. It says the device has stopped working
- Playing videos works fine in Eclipse but when exporting the java project as an runnable JAR file it doesnt work anymore
- When compiling a java program from cmd i get "error: cannot find symbol", but not in Eclipse
- Open file and go to a line in a java class in Eclipse when copying from a stacktrace
- Using Spring MVC 4, when I add Spring Security 3.2 to pom I get ASM ClassReader failed to parse class file error
- when I am trying to send a GET request in java servlet using Tomcat server I am getting error instantiating servlet class
- JUnit test cases not displayed in JMtere when create a tests in simple class file but are displayed when create for JUnit class
- Class file name must end with .class exception in Java Search
- I get "Source not found" when debugging my Java code in Eclipse
- Class "model.Address" is listed in the persistence.xml file but not mapped
- Java can't find file when running through Eclipse
- Why Eclipse doesn't show local variables values when I debug class file from JDK?
- How to get Eclipse to jump to failed JUnit test when test is not a Java method
- Unable to get IntelliJ to recognize proto compiled Java class files
- How to get Eclipse to stop asking to create a module-info java file on new Java project creation?
- I want debugger to open java file instead of class (from depending library)
- I get java code 13 error when i try to run eclipse
- Error when Deploying Java app with GlassFish
- Export of runnable Java Class to .jar file including only required dependencies
- How avoid Eclipse load test-class file in to classpath when Java app run?
More Query from same tag
- How to update LibPng in an Android project?
- How to make elements(dynamic) obtained as JSON response, clickable in Android and connecting them to some web link?
- Replace Android Default Font File
- Eclipse 3.3 default editor under Vista
- Submitting spark job from eclipse to yarn-client with scala
- Spinner data to string
- Changing current username and password for when Eclipse connects to svn
- search maven dependencies in eclipse project
- Error after importing OpenCV Library for Android into Eclipse
- Java files are not showing errors
- How to add pom.xml to existing Eclipse project?
- Importing HBC library
- Keep external JARs outside the project JAR while creating product in Eclipse
- How would I import the JES libraries into eclipse?
- Fatal Exception AsyncTask3 error while calling webservice
- Redeploy Dynamic Web Project to Wildfly Server with Eclipse EE
- How to run one Java class and then another Java class in Eclipse?
- src folder empty on creating new Android project
- Attribute is missing : Android namespace prefix
- Setting up EJB build classpath in Eclipse
- OpenEJB does not recognize eclipse classpath
- After ADT 17, how do I use ActionBarSherlock AND the Android Support v4 library?
- Populate extension point's element attribute during runtime
- How to make each SQL query is a thread?
- Rename getter/setter option by refactoring is disabled
- How to use bouncy castle API in J2ME using eclipse?
- How to include an external plugin in my own OSGI Eclipse bundle?
- Strange logcat filter behaviour
- The magic behind "org.eclipse.equinox.ds@3:start"?
- CONFLICT_IGNORE cannot be resolved or is not a field