if you know there to find the "installed jres" in the eclipse preferences, just expand the "installed jres" node and select "execution environments", and things should become clear.
see https://wiki.eclipse.org/execution_environments for details of what they are.
execution environments (ees) are symbolic representations of jres. for example, rather than talking about a specific jre, with a specific name at a specific location on your disk, you can talk about the j2se-1.4 execution environment. the system can then be configured to use a specific jre to implement that execution environment.
obviously that text was written some time ago, but your
javase-1.8 execution environment should automatically map to a java 8 installed jre. if you have more than one java 8 installed jre, you can choose which you prefer.
- What is JavaSE-18 in eclipse vs. my installed jdk1.8.0_73
- I installed JRE and JDK 8, but in Eclipse it shows Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0 JDK. What to do?
- SDK Version in eclipse is differ form what I installed
- What is the default installation directory for products installed from Eclipse Marketplace?
- What do the icons in Eclipse mean?
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn't?
- How to run eclipse in clean mode? what happens if we do so?
- What is the difference between javac and the Eclipse compiler?
- What does the red exclamation point icon in Eclipse mean?
- Eclipse Workspaces: What for and why?
- How to find out if an installed Eclipse is 32 or 64 bit version?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- What is the difference between Eclipse for Java (EE) Developers and Eclipse Classic?
- What is the Eclipse shortcut for "public static void main(String args)"?
- What is the keyboard shortcut to go to a file in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- What are the differences between plug-ins, features, and products in Eclipse RCP?
- Eclipse Generate Javadoc Wizard: what is "Javadoc Command"?
- What is the eclipse shortcut for auto-generating a default and field constructor?
- What is the difference between Eclipse 3.7 and Eclipse 4.1?
- What folder should I install Eclipse to on Windows?
- What is Eclipse doing when it says that it's updating indexes?
- What are the gigantic *.CFS files all about in Eclipse workspace plugin folder?
- What is the difference between rollback, backout and strip in the Mercurial Eclipse plugin?
- What is the keyboard shortcut for method suggestions in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- What is the short cut in eclipse to terminate debugging/running?
- Is there a way to upgrade eclipse and keep all the installed plugins?
- What do the icons for methods in Eclipse mean?
- Find out what JVM Eclipse is running on
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- What are the shortcut keys to change to the next and previous tab in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
More Query from same tag
- git rm -f after add, before commit, on windows cmd line. Was open earlier in STS (Eclipse). Can recover?
- How to add tab space infront of mutiple lines of code
- Git in Eclipse, Pull is greyed out
- App keeps Force Closing?
- Parsable and "linkable" format for Eclipse
- Getting started with GitHub and Eclipse (spring source toolsuite 2.7.1)
- How to use jacoco manually in eclipse gradle project
- phpunit eclipse configuration for test suite. documentation?
- How can I make eclipse's autoformatter ignore a section of code?
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The servlets named [X] and [Y] are both mapped to the url-pattern [/CreationClient] which is not permitted
- Executable jar with openCV lib (Eclipse, Mac)
- Why do I get a 'Password required' pop-up when I use JGit in an eclipse RCP?
- Tomcat 7 remote debugging on EC2
- ResourceBundle Editor disables basic functions in Spring Tool Suite
- How can I hot deploy using the glassfish adapter in Eclipse
- How to have Eclipse Java EE automatically generate the exploded WAR for a web project?
- Eclipse Plugin Project with JGit implementation
- Generate java code in Eclipse?
- is there significant difference on PyDev grammar version 2.x and 3.x?
- No suitable driver found for jdbc:h2:tcp
- Spring Tool Suite: Copying and renaming a Maven Web App
- Create Selenium report in Eclipse (Junitreport doesn't show)
- STS doesn't start after Windows 10 restart
- Add @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") in generics to single line generates eclipse compiler error
- Using plugins SDK in Liferay DXP
- Struggling to use Cordova barcodescanner plugin
- How to cancel ANTLR project in Ecilpse
- Error in android projects -part 2
- Applet won't work in browser
- Getting Google Places API key for Android