yep - look for the "toggle block selection" command (alt+shift+a). that switches the editor between column mode and line mode.
you can make rectangular selections and even type on several lines at once. very handy.
for eclipse 3.5 m5 and above, the block selection mode can be toggled using the toolbar icon highlighted bellow
or using the shortcut key alt+shift+a.
the feature you are looking for is known as block selection and is available in eclipse since 3.5. here is a blog article detailing it's usage
- Visual Studio equivalent to Eclipse keyboard shortcut Alt Shift L
- Eclipse equivalent for Visual Studio ALT + select text over multiple rows
- Making Eclipse behave like Visual Studio
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- change eclipse shortcuts to match Visual Studio
- How to copy error in Android studio like in Eclipse
- Moving From Eclipse to Visual Studio 2008
- Is in Visual Studio an equivalent to the Eclipse "Run Configurations"?
- Visual studio shortcut keys equivalent to eclipse shortcut keys
- Need to import Eclipse Java Formatter profile in Visual Studio Code
- Automatically Create Constructor Using Fields/Properties in Visual Studio (like Eclipse does)
- Is there an eclipse equivalent to the Visual Studio "Command Window"?
- Eclipse eye for a Visual Studio guy
- Eclipse shortcuts in Visual Studio 2013
- Debugging Visual Studio builds from Eclipse
- How to Create a Region in eclipse like Visual Studio
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Make eclipse Syntax Coloring exact as visual studio Syntax Coloring
- Autocomplete in eclipse like in visual studio
- eclipse manual code folding similar to visual studio region
- Visual Studio toolchain in Eclipse for C++
- A guide to moving from Visual Studio to Eclipse
- Does Visual Studio for C# have these Eclipse for Java features?
- Debug C++ code in visual studio from python code running in eclipse
- Missing in Eclipse key shortcut as in Visual Studio to go to definition F12 and come back Ctrl+F12
- Eclipse kind of editor for Visual Studio 2008
- Why Eclipse and Visual Studio read Python string in a different way?
- Import Eclipse C++ Workspace Into Visual Studio Code for Linux
- Visual Studio equivalent of Eclipse syso
- In eclipse for java Is there anything like Visual Studio Custom Debugger Visualizers
More Query from same tag
- Cocos2D-x Eclipse java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
- Strange error conversion to dex failed
- apply pinch and zoom to every page android application
- Any eclipse plugin for creating deployment diagram
- Eclipse No tests found using JUnit 5 caused by NoClassDefFoundError for LauncherFactory
- Can i run my android application on android API 14 if my target sdk is set to android 2.2(froyo)?
- How do I run a project in Eclipse?
- why does tomcat show 404 response message for an existing resource?
- Eclipse - how do I create a source folder from a sub folder without making eclipse look for the wrong package names?
- eclipse 4.14.0 using var keyword in java, made changed to javaSE10 (jdk17), then error on building project
- Can android layout files be put in to different folders or groups
- Why does Eclipse only suggest "Rename in file"?
- android app is crashing
- cannot be resolved to a type (jsp + eclipse)
- Windows 10- In eclipse (Oxygen version), createProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
- retrieving default values defined in Java net.properties file
- SVN doesn't work when execute the command 'sudo apachectl start'
- How can I add JSF project facet to Google App Engine project
- Maven: Missing required java project
- Eclipses does not seem to generate the correct Blank Activity android project
- Open Eclipse both old and new(clean)
- How to prevent HTTP localhost preview problem?
- how to use logcat commands within java code?
- Synchronize issues has encountered - Sonar integration error in eclipse
- Problems accessing XML files from repository
- How to add Android support to my Ionic app project?
- How to make the Eclipse HTML editor to indent all tags properly?
- Error when running the WordCount example pipeline on Dataflow with Eclipse
- Blank screen after phone call