you may want to try using maven 2 with a plugin for this sort of thing. it sounds to me like a plugin for exactly this sort of thing should already exist. if not, you could create a maven plugin yourself. there's instructions and documentation on the apache maven website for how to do this. i should warn you that, having made a couple maven plugins myself, you should be prepared to spend at least 5 or 6 hours learning how to write the plugin, and then actually writing it. alternatively, if you're using ant, you could write an ant task to do the same job, or plugin for whichever other build system you may be using.
i host my update site at eclipse labs using git. this way to release, i just perform the following steps:
- select the feature project and export as deployable features
- commit and push the update site project
i have voted up zvikico's response but wanted to add that you really don't want to create a site.xml anymore. the site.xml does not have the in-depth plugin/package requirement information that the content.xml has. modern eclipse's support both the new (content.xml/artifacts.xml) and old (site.xml) style metadata, but the new style will give you more consistent provisioning.
what you need is to do a "pde build". google the term and you'll find plenty of information, guides, articles and what not. start with the eclipse built-in help, under plugin development environment guide -> tasks you will find the basic articles that will get you started.
afaik, there is one small catch. the current release can generate all the p2 metadata that you need but not a proper site.xml. this is the simplest issue, it can be easily generated with a simple code.
- Update Site Creation Automation
- Is it possible to host an Eclipse update site on Github?
- Why is Galileo update site empty?
- Adding update site URLs to find third-party dependencies during install
- eclipse update site not updating
- Plugins not updated when building eclipse P2 update site
- Is the PDE's "Update Site Wizard" still the right way to create an update site?
- Installing eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) - update site does not work?
- How to distribute Eclipse Update Site
- How to refresh update site in Eclipse
- Problem with update site categories in Eclipse 3.4
- Generate HTML from Eclipse update site
- Where can I get the update site for Spring tool suite
- Solution for building an offline "composite" Eclipse update site with categories
- Eclipse update site - how to sign jars?
- Create eclipse P2 update site from folder containing bundles?
- How to install groovy plugin for eclipse without using the update site link
- plugin - feature - update site
- Where to host Eclipse Update Site
- Spring Eclipse Plugin update site
- Local update site with remote features
- Install multiple Eclipse plugins via update site
- SpringSource Tool Suite (STS) install into existing Eclipse install via the update site not working
- How do I connect to an update site in Eclipse when I get an "Unable to read repository" ProvisionException error?
- How to install all features from a p2 update site to an Eclipse using the command line?
- Download Plugins from p2 update site without using eclipse
- Google Code and Eclipse Update Site
- Eclipse 3.8 update site
- Eclipse Luna - Update Site for Eclipse Java Developer Tools
- Google Guice update site
More Query from same tag
- iTextG causing application crash(Android)
- UpdateSite build error in Eclipse
- Eclipse workspace build stuck on "Could not fetch template url from "
- eclipse - folders for classes
- BIRT - using report variable to pass data from outer to inner nested data set
- Eclipse 4 declarative service injection in a declarative service
- Eclipse Mars bug with Map.Entry methods when using streams?
- TestNG test not getting invoked
- Not able to import maven dependencies in eclipse ? Tried everything
- Why isn't eclipse deploying my Dynamic Web Project correctly?
- How to pass parameters to gradle in eclipse Buildship plugin while importing project
- Debugging a Wildfly Application on Docker through Eclipse?
- How to proceed with my Spark / Scala project
- how to unregister an OSGi service
- Eclipse Indigo C++ project settings
- why thymeleaf tag th:text doesn't print?
- An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Java Tooling"
- MS SQL WITH JAVA
- Custom content assist for default java editor in Eclipse
- Adding android-support-v7-appcombat to multi person project
- How to remove an entire line which matches a pattern
- How can I customize the "jumping" from the Eclipse problems view?
- Duplicate Apache POI jars
- Which files should be imported in a subversion repository for a web services project?
- get access to child content in expandable list view
- Eclipse IWorkbenchPreferencePage warning do not disappear
- How to update Eclipse GWT Plugin 2.6.0 to higher version
- An error occurred while installing blackberry sdk5.0 on eclipse
- C++: class "X" has no member named "Y"
- I switched from ADT to Android Studio: You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs