so i seem to have "solved" the problem by right clicking my project -> properties -> java compiler -> execution environments -> javase-1.7 (under execution environments) -> selected java se 8 under compatible jres
i got to execution environments via a hyperlink from a warning message at the bottom of the java compiler section which said:
when selecting 1.8 compliance, make sure to have a compatible jre installed and activated (currently 1.7). configure the 'installed jres' and 'execution environments', or change the jre on the 'java build path'
i don't know what the regular route to execution environments option is, and i don't know why that seemed to have solved by issue, but i'm not running into the major.minor version error anymore.
- Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 for when running junit
- Android Package Builder error : Unsupported Major Minor version 52.0
- Class has unsupported major or minor version numbers
- Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link when running JUnit tests through Arquilliqn for a Maven project
- Class Not Found Exception when running JUnit test
- Eclipse/Maven: JUnit tests not compiled when running them
- How can I check/upgrade Proguard version when using it in Eclipse for Android development?
- Why does heap space run out only when running JUnit tests?
- Eclipse throws java.lang.NullPointerException when running Spring JUnit
- Automatically add properties when running JUnit in Eclipse
- ClassNotFoundException when running JUnit unit tests within Eclipse (using Maven)
- Can I avoid running junit tests twice in eclipse when using a TestSuite?
- Error Occurs while Running Android Project - Unsupported major.minor version
- Adding /src/main/resources to Classpath when Running Spring JUnit Tests from Eclipse
- Any way to get Eclipse to always use common VM args for running JUnit tests?
- Unable to compile class for JSP error when I'm running my code in eclipse gwt project
- Is it possible for e JUnit test to tell if it's running in Eclipse (rather than ant)
- Maven surefire arguments when running JUnit test via eclipse
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 58
- ClassNotFoundException when running a junit test in eclipse
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when running JUnit plug-in test
- Prevent launching eclipse GUI when running JUnit Plug-in Test
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Cant see changes in .java file when running Junit with Eclipse before mvn install
- Is there a way to use a custom JUnit Test Runner when running tests in Eclipse?
- Showing JUnit view in Eclipse when running tests from Code
- best version control system for personal/home use when developing with eclipse and python/django
- Getting "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 exception" only when running Spring projects
- Shortcut for running Android applications and JUnit test separately in Eclipse
- Detect Eclipse version from JUnit test running in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Get the JDK version which is eclipse using to compile my current projects
- Eclipse Validation not picking up any errors in XML file? How do I check XML?
- Jar file is corrupt after downloading
- Eclipse neon.1 restart freezes while loading sql plugin
- Eclipse won't work with android (Mac)
- SVN for ClearCase user. How to use?
- TypeNotPresentException when running android testcase with robolectric and eclipse
- Getting data from phpmyadmin and transfer each item to a textview in eclipse
- Eclipse word wrap line number mismatching
- How to run a java application (eclipse) on command prompt?
- Error message: Exception in thread "main" org.hibernate.HibernateException: Error accessing stax stream
- "Gradle location is incorrect" when migrating android project from eclipse to android studio
- RowSelection in NatTable with column group header
- Inclusions in Source Code are unresolved
- Adding a Maven project to Eclipse compiled project
- assert works in bash for every input I give it even if it's wrong? how to fix this?
- how to add a button in custom openerp module
- How to quickly find file in the workspace/switch between buffers/etc. in Eclipse?
- Create Eclipse nested projects
- Where is the location of 'plugins' directory for eclipse mars in mac OSX?
- Xcode shortcut to create method definition
- Xterm right click misbehaviors
- How to remove launch configuration histories in eclipse?
- How do I save Eclipse launch profiles across workspaces?
- Unable to create tempDir. java.io.tmpdir is set to C:\windows\
- Upgraded from Eclipse RCP 3.x to 4.x: org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
- IDEA equivalent of Eclipse "type hierarchy" (F4)?
- How to call a web-service using JavaEE?
- Modify Quick-Fix 'Change visibility to default'
- Menu & ActionBar icons respond to wrong page after swiping when using ViewPager