no it's not possible to set groupid and artifact id using properties file.but for profile setting using pom directly you can use below option.
"profiles can be explicitly specified using the -p cli option.this option takes an argument that is a comma-delimited list of profile-ids to use. when this option is specified, the profile(s) specified in the option argument will be activated in addition to any profiles which are activated by their activation configuration or the section in settings.xml"
profiles can be activated in the maven settings, via the section. this section takes a list of elements, each containing a
<settings> ... <activeprofiles> <activeprofile>profile-1</activeprofile> </activeprofiles> ... </settings>
in case of using spring boot you can also apply spring.profiles.active=profile-1,profile-2
you want to built two or more different jars depending on the active profile set in project.
maven can support this see https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-building-for-different-environments.html ,which creates profiles for building and packaging artifacts for different environments.
this feature was meant to support different build environments e.g production,development,testing... but i don't think anyone will be arresting you if you use profiles to modularize your project.
- SpringBoot: GroupId and ArtifactId based on a property dynamically
- Maven GroupID and ArtifactID for J2EE Utility Project
- Ignore property when generating equals and hashcode
- Understanding Eclipse debug source lookup with dynamically compiled and loaded code
- How to set charset encoding property for SVN File and Eclipse
- Java and Xerces: can't find property XMLConstants.ACCESS_EXTERNAL_DTD
- Pattern based file selection and deletion in Eclipse IDE
- How do I get Eclipse to find and use a gcc based toolchain in a non-standard location
- How to print dynamically coming class name and their xpath is same? Using Selenium webdriver
- How do you set up an x64 development environment based on gcc and eclipse?
- How do I resolve this " No such property [target] in org.apache.log4j.FileAppender" and "No output stream or file set for the appender named" error?
- Weblogic.xml and its inability to resolve a "URL mapping class" property
- Eclipse: Is it possible to mix SWT and JavaFX based plugins?
- How to make a shape dragable and re-sizable in android dynamically
- How to build RCP application based on Product Configuration and Target Platform Definition?
- Eclipse CDT plugin - get AST element based of X and Y position of mouse click in editor
- Load a class to Java classpath dynamically using Eclipse and OSGi
- How do I create a new eclipse project for jetty from a tomcat based project and versioned with svn/subclipse?
- How to keep track of who created a JUnit test and when using Eclipse? How to create statistics based on this information?
- MissingMethodException in code based on tutorial and which worked yesterday
- Phonegap 3 (apache cordova) error with getpicture (Cannot read property 'PictureSourceType' and DATA_URL
- Eclipse Rcp run E4 based code after the whole application has started and the GUI has completely rendered
- E4 user authentication, session, and authorization based presentation logic
- REST based web chat in java and eclipse
- Eclipse Display view and checking if list contains object with some property
- Truestudio atollic (an IDE based on eclipse) creates empty binary file despite of not empty elf file and a lot of code
- Run JUnit tests dynamically and view results in eclipse JUnit view
- When you run a PHP debugger, and you step through an echo, should the browser output be dynamically updated?
- Eclipse and C based issue: #defines aren't working outside of header files
- How to write JUnit 5 Test for mapstruct mapper via Eclipse and SpringBoot
More Query from same tag
- impossible to compile class for JSP tomcat
- Connecting to AWS RDS using eclipse
- Significance of com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.LIBRARIES in build path?
- Python logging file config KeyError: 'formatters'
- Confusion about creating a standalone client for an existing Java enterprise application project?
- jigloo plugin for Eclipse Luna
- Eclipse Tomcat Plugin - Getting Tomcat 7
- Eclipse PHP PDT Vaildation issues with required files
- PhpUnit bootstrap file not being found
- Genymotion - Plugin is not available in Eclipse
- Strange exception / error in gwt build when I extend ArrayList or other common collections
- Default VM Arguments in Eclipse : -javaagent
- Unable to start Eclipse (Kepler)
- Do not see any change on runtime eclipse android
- ANTLR4 parse tree viewer in Eclipse
- why do I get "The type GraphicsContext from module javafx.graphics may not be accessible to clients due to missing 'requires transitive'" warning?
- JUnit doesnt run
- ARToolkit Demo for Android not working
- My Mac is not taking my Heap Size configurations
- Android - Change LED brightness with seekbar
- Assign numbers from a txt file to a String variable in java?
- Migrating to Java 11: I need help resolving Classpath & Module Path Conflicts In Eclipse
- The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists. on deploying to tomcat
- Eclipse plugin menu item is not visible
- C++ "Hello World.exe" crashes - "Hello World.exe has stopped working." when used in command prompt
- Run .class & .jre with portable JRE
- eclipse drag and drop on text editor
- How to read context parameter with docbase Root from server.xml
- datanucleus enhancer & javaw: "the parameter is incorrect"
- How to set up GIT as version control tool for a small team