this is the plugin i use for atom text: https://atom.io/packages/autocomplete-clang i believe it exists for sublime as well: https://packagecontrol.io/packages/clangautocomplete
eclipse has a c++ ide version, so use that if you want to use eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/keplersr2
and also, if you don't mind ides you should check out qtcreator and kdevel, the first i've noticed to be one of the most used ides for people that don't just use vim or emacs. kdevel i've used a bit and it has some interesting features, though some things might be lacking. in both cases there are some speed problems with autocompletion (wait times of 100-500ms) and code highlighting (sometimes it breaks a bit and highlights the wrong line or doesn't highlight at all, but that's very rare)
another alternative that people might mention is clion, which is from jetbrains, but its closed-source, not well supported and whilst it might look nicer than qtcreator it has more or less the same features but is much more resource-heavy and laggy, so i'd pass on that.
also, most of the "old guard" seem to swear by vim and/or emcas and if you have a lot of time on your hands you could check out a guide for setting up one of those as a c++ text editor, they both have very mature plugin systems and whilst they might be harder to get into they might also give you more freedom and more interesting plugins.
- Simple Intellisense Solution
- How to make a simple revert work on Git / EGit?
- how to resolve this emulator: ERROR: unknown skin name 'WVGA800' solution
- How do I view XML files with simple syntax highlighting?
- A simple way to create static imports for constants in existing code?
- Java equivalent to VS solution file
- "No source available for main()" error when debugging simple C++ in Eclipse with gdb
- Simple program to call R from Java using Eclipse and Rserve
- Eclipse - Publish & Run Simple Web Project
- intellisense disappeared in eclipse, how to get it back
- Very simple step by step JBehave setup tutorial?
- Eclipse shortcut to generate simple assignment in constructor?
- Simple swipe gesture to activity tutorial?
- Simple eclipse search problem
- How to Run a Simple Java Program in Eclipse?
- How to run a Simple C Program in Eclipse IDE
- How to run simple Spark app from Eclipse/Intellij IDE?
- Very simple application fails with "multiple target patterns" from Eclipse
- How can I get intellisense in PHP/Eclipse on custom objects pulled out of array in foreach loop?
- How do I write a simple Servlet for Jetty using Eclipse?
- How to create simple Android TextView and display text on it using java code?
- Error:Cannot compile a simple JNI program
- Eclipse PDT Intellisense for PHP functions
- Eclipse Method could not be resolved in a simple program C++
- How can I use WindowBuilder core in Eclipse Kepler to make a simple window?
- Can the package "org.opencv.core.Mat" be used for a simple Java program?
- Simple Servlet with Eclipse Juno and J2EE Preview server
- Is there a SIMPLE example of How to use buckminster
- Simple Rest Webservice returning http status 404
- Create a simple Login page using jsp and session
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse: Double semi-colon on an import
- Should I be concerned with DDMS message in the console area of Eclipse?
- Invoking callhierarchy for a method
- Eclipse plugin Aptana errors on Mac OSX Lion
- Cannot instantiate class in Selenium Eclipse using TestNG
- Compiled .Jar Crashes (no java console) but compiles and runs in Eclipse?
- Import existing java project in eclipse but design view not exist for JFrame?
- Interesting compile problems in Oracle JDK 1.7, 1.8 - [Compiling depends on order of imports]
- What does "Native library location" entry do in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Luna: how restore main menu?
- Scala application running in Eclipse but not as a jar
- Eclipse IDE - can you batch code generation in one hit?
- Spring Import Can't See Resources
- How to save the "Package Explorer" in Eclipse
- Eclipse plugin doesn't work on Macs
- How to configure javah tool in Eclipse
- Error installing eclipse (jvm.dll load error) - how to fix?
- Eclipse 4.3 SR1: when creating a new item (file, class, etc), it doesn't take into account the current selection
- How to open console for a specific java process
- Continuous function of CountDownTimer
- Why does heap space run out only when running JUnit tests?
- The method totalTax(PropertyTax) in the type PropertyTax is not applicable for the arguments ()
- Relative paths for include files in Eclipse CDT
- Non-working Menu Built in Java
- com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException while running jmeter script using maven eclipse
- Error when deploying Java app to Heroku using maven
- How to add Android-ViewPagerIndicator library to maven project
- Cassandra Channel has been closed
- Eclipse cant see terminal created project in package explorer
- Java regular expression finding special char in non-comments