your program doesn't run in eclipse's heap space. eclipse spawns off a separate jvm for your program.
runtime.totalmemory() does indeed return the current heap size.
-xms argument specifies the initial heap size. java will expand if it cannot free up enough memory through garbage collection until it reaches the maximum, as set by
-xmx. at this point, the jvm will exit with an
java memory management is a complex topic, involving garbage collection, moving objects from nursery to tenured space, etc.
- Runtime heap size set in Eclipse
- How to set heap size in spark within the Eclipse environment?
- Where to set java heap size for eclipse mars?
- eclipse not accepting set heap size in eclipse.ini
- Increase heap size in m2e Eclipse plugin
- Increase JVM max heap size for Eclipse
- Set the window of an eclipse e4 application to have the whole screen size
- How do I set the runtime classpath in Eclipse 4.2?
- How to set the font size in Eclipse to 10.5?
- How to retrieve the heap size set in the eclipse.ini file?
- JMAP dump size is 4.5 GB. Eclipse MAT is showing total heap of 415 MB, how do i analyze the remaining dump?
- How to set the default debug memory view rendering and cell size in Eclipse CDT?
- Problem with increasing Java heap size in Eclipse
- how to increase jboss memory heap size in eclipse
- How can I set up Eclipse to edit Perl without the runtime checking?
- Eclipse not increasing VM heap size as specified in .ini
- How to increase heap size in Eclipse IDE to run JavaWebApplication?
- Wildfly in eclipse does not use heap params set in standalone.conf
- What's the default JVM heap size of Java application launched by eclipse
- Increasing Java heap size in Eclipse - using virtual memory
- How to increase heap size in Eclipse ADT v22.3
- Change heap size for Eclipse installed as a snap package
- Invalid initial heap size errors while starting wso2 esb server with eclipse developer studio
- Can't increase Scala Eclipse heap size
- Eclipse 4.14.0 cannot set correct execution environment for the Server Runtime Environment for Wildfly 14
- I'm using eclipse extension newWizard, how to set wizard dialog size in java?
- Can i increase my Eclipse heap size to 2048M
- Build Failure due to java heap size in eclipse
- How to set recent working set list size limit in eclipse RCP?
- eclipse out of memory with allocated 8G heap size
More Query from same tag
- How can I make it so my while-loop only prints even numbers? Java Eclipse IDE
- Getting Error in Eclipse "Cannot instantiate the type Scanner"
- Maven project to java project
- Eclipse and Maven: How to share code among modules?
- How do I make eclipse (Indigo) collapse empty (parent) packages?
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException in AST method parse
- Mac OS X Lion has no /Developer/usr folder
- How do I restore usual workflow after a breakpoint in Eclipse?
- Google-play-services_lib Unable to resolve target 'android-9
- Eclipse CDT is not working on macOS Monterey
- How do JSP's and Servlets interact with each other
- Eclipse remote system explorer and sudo
- Eclipse Android SDK: Bad version number in .class file
- Editing workspace source associated with jar file in same workspace
- problem with PHP server in eclipse
- Creating executable in Eclipse with VC compiler
- How can i run a specific parametric test-case in py.test in Eclipse
- Add a restored Java project to Eclipse?
- Creating EJB remote references into a client witout EAR
- How to close this navigation menu on the editor in Eclipse
- JAD Eclipse plugin not working, No repository found at http://feeling.sourceforge.net/update
- How to hide a JFrame but then open it when the message box closes
- How to trace instance variable in Intellij
- How does Eclipse IDE quick fix display suggestions?
- How can I refresh a ListView in a Fragment from the main Activity?
- Is there a way to force Eclipse to automatically restart remote debugging (in listen mode)?
- Cannot install Subclipse plug-in in Eclipse
- IncompatibleClassChangeError when using UCanAccess / jackcess as a JDBC to MS Acess database
- Get ClassNotFound exception calling greetServlet when GWT Starter app is deployed on Tomcat
- Deploying SimpleNLG in Android, NoClassDefFoundError