my guess is that qt creator and the qt eclipse integration have different versions of designer that they use. (i know this is the case for creator.) since they are using different designer applications, they are probably also looking in a different location for the plugins than does the standard designer program. my first suggestion would be to try to find where that location is, and copy your plugin there.
if the copied plugin doesn't work, you probably have somewhat incompatible versions of designer for one or the other. that will take a bit more research, but could likely be overcome with a bit more research.
i want to thank the asker and both responders for helping me figure this out (and also curse nokia for not making this work right out of the box - the first two days of my qt developer experience was googling pieces of the answer).
first, creator does look elsewhere - at c:\qt\bin\designer in windows (should be .../bin/designer in linux - do a 'find . -name libqwebview.so').
second, there is a likely incompatibility issue on windows, because qtcreator compiles plugins with mingw, and qtcreator is likely compiled with visual studio. the fix is to compile qtcreator with mingw.
- Qt Eclipse Integration and custom widget plugin
- Qt designer plugin (custom widget) in Eclipse integration
- Is the Qt Eclipse integration plugin still available for download?
- Eclipse Plugin and ADT modification for API Integration in Create Project menu
- How to install Maven integration plugin in Eclipse Helios?
- what is Mylyn in eclipse ? Pydev plugin says Mylyn integration
- Continuous integration & eclipse plugin development
- How to capture console output of Eclipse plugin with custom Launch Configuration?
- Eclipse CDT Custom Compiler Error Parsing Plugin
- Checkstyle: Custom Rules - Eclipse Plugin
- Which Continuous Integration Plugin for Eclipse
- Custom splash screen for Eclipse plugin (Non-RCP)
- Installing custom plugin on a clean Eclipse
- JSP visual designer plugin for Eclipse
- Custom Android Widget and Eclipse Intellisense
- Custom project type with Eclipse plugin
- Eclipse Plugin Development: How to drag element from Desktop to custom Node in Project Explorer
- Eclipse Plugin for custom Strg+Click hook
- Eclipse Plugin Dev - Creating and updating custom markers as files are edited
- Implement custom library browser / type hierarchy in an Eclipse plugin
- Add custom wizards to new menu in eclipse plugin
- Eclipse Plugin Set Image icon for a custom dialog
- Write custom maven command set using eclipse plugin
- Custom Popup menu in eclipse plugin
- Eclipse plugin : add jar to classpath when adding custom nature to a project
- Custom widget is not showing up in my eclipse 4 application
- Widget inside a custom text editor in Eclipse
- Swing designer plugin for Eclipse
- eclipse custom project plugin
- eclipse plugin dev: how to open a custom editor from a cnf (on double click).
More Query from same tag
- Border-radius generates eclipse, need 90degree rounded corners. CSS
- Arduino Ethernet Shield vs Eclipse (libraries problems)
- My functions are not running
- Table x has no column y error
- Arduino Eclipse Can not resolve Serial
- Where can I view Tomcat log files in Eclipse?
- Cannot create new spring-servlet.xml file
- Using Eclipse-CDT
- XText Editor as an Eclipse Plugin
- What is pure OSGi equvalent for Eclipse Platform.getBundle()
- EMF generate model class from ECore XMI at runtime
- Download dependency Jar's with with source and Javadoc with Play framework
- Eclipse WTP shows "Fragment was not found at expected path" for included file from another maven project
- How to find project dependencies in eclipse? how eclipse builds the class path?
- Where in Eclipse can I find my project's workspace path
- linking git file to eclipse dynamic web project
- How to fix this generic problem within the repository pattern?
- WCF with two endpoints accessed from java
- Eclipse IDE preference history
- Lambda and cast intersection type (Eclipse compiler bug)
- Eclipse: Compare with -> Unhandled loop exception
- Visual Studio 2005 - Missing feature 'Code outline' (eclipse) or 'Defs' (SlickEdit)
- Jax-ws endpoint not asking to create wrapper classes
- standalone-full.xml errors - unrecognised jboss properties
- Eclipse IDE - Classnotfound exception even though path known. Why can Eclipse find the lib in one Project but not in the other?
- How to make package inside master package in Android project using Eclipse?
- Run maven test in junit window
- Need all the jar files to use Rest Assured in eclipse
- How do I set up iPojo with BndTools inside Eclipse?
- Problem with eclipse text editor